It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Irony

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken Tynwald on the Isle of man in the UK is the oldest continuous parliament in the world it started around 969 AD www.tynwald.org.im...

And I am not even mentioning much older obvious systems from Mesopotamia, Athens or ancient Rome even,
I only point out Tynwald as it is not far from my neck of the woods.

Oldest Democracy in the world? Really? Oh dear Lordy if this has been put out by his staff then I can only feel embarrassed for the poor chap.
This is top notch BS if anyone swallows this they really need to lie down in a dark room and have a long hard think about life and themselves.
Sadly I already suspect enough useful idiots will lap this up, it puts me in mind of those folk who think Al Gore invented the Internet...... absolutely hilarious.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
He lost me at "Oldest Democracy in the World" too.
Even Obama knows the US is a Republic, which as Benjamin Franking said was ours "if we can keep it".
Apparently we didn't.

Welcome to the roll out of the recent legalization of propaganda against the American people.
Get your umbrellas because it's raining torrents of BS.

Eta: Anyone who believes this should be immediately deported.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
That is the typical mistake people make when they do not understand that fascism is...

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

fascism [ˈfæʃɪzəm]
n (sometimes capital)
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) any ideology or movement inspired by Italian Fascism; any right-wing nationalist ideology or movement with an authoritarian and hierarchical structure that is fundamentally opposed to democracy and liberalism.

14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism
edit on 25-7-2013 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by okyouwin

so i see snark, i see sarcasm, and i see either a complete refusal to understand my point, or just a willful ignorance of how things really are....

not sure which....either way, your reply was un-good....

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Hefficide

Delusions are nice. There are delusions of grandeur, delusions of self righteousness, delusions of power and wealth untold. I wonder for how long those delusions will stay at the forefront and keep us believing the dream?

One by one people wake up.

Or one by one they lie down to die. I think that one day America will be in crisis because people will realize that the delusions they've been holding onto, like morality, justice, and freedom, are nothing. Then they'll just give up. They'll realize that everything is wrong, but it'll be too late. And they won't have anything else to keep them going.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join