It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ID this plane

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

What, they don't have to practice and train too? Are they special?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by _Del_

You can probably look up the flight path on various online ADSB monitoring sites like flightaware or similar

Since it is always classified you will never find out that way. These are the Navy Command planes for Subs and Fleet control should stuff need to be kept very quiet.

They don't fly traditional commercial air lanes unless they want too. Unless your the President, SecDef or the Joint Chief of the Navy you will never know where they are at any given time just like our subs, unless you see one like the OP has or on the Runway.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by intrptr

I guess the person cant understand that Offut has to send and receive more planes than just this one all day.

Also to this same person. These pilots need to be familiar with all the major runway approaches in North America and elsewhere as in a real war situation they can be called on to land and take off from anywhere.

Here is a good movie to watch so you get an idea of what is required of these planes and crew.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Why is the Navy in North Idaho of all places, 350 miles from the nearest ocean? Mostly, to take advantage of the conditions in Lake Pend Oreille. The largest lake in Idaho and the

fifth deepest
in the United States, Pend Oreille offers a virtually ideal venue for acoustic testing. First, it is deeper than 1,000 feet over an area exceeding 26 square miles, and its flat mud bottom minimizes sound reflection. A low level of particulates in the water results in minimal reverberation and scattering, and its ambient sound level is less than the ocean at Sea State Zero more than one fourth of the time. Moreover, the lake’s water temperature remains at 39.5 degrees Fahrenheit below 300 feet all year, maximizing the repeatability of test results over time. Finally, at eight miles long by three to six miles wide, the testing volume is more than adequate.

www.navy.mil...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
It still out circling. I can hear it. Its been flying since I got home at 4 and its now almost 9

How long do you think they will have to fly during a nuclear war? A very long time if need be, that is why they are testing the endurance of the crew and plane.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ive seen these planes doing touch and goes at the 188th fighter squadron out of Fort Smith, AR. Very cool sight to see. A-10s are based here now, used to be the F-16s but have since been moved out. I love to watch the A-10s do there low flying and hard turns. Its amazing.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

The military is in the process of switching all their aircraft to ADS-B transponders. You'll be able to track their flights just like any other flight once they do. The only time they'll switch off the ADS-B is for exercises, flights over MORs, and real world situations. During Libya an E-3 was the first military flight to be tracked with an ADS-B transponder.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

These pilots need to be familiar with all the major runway approaches in North America and elsewhere as in a real war situation they can be called on to land and take off from anywhere.

A "real war situation"? You probably think nuclear war is "winnable" too. Practice for war, factories for war, budgets for war, taxes for war...

Look me up after , we'll have a good laugh about the destruction of the world.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by intrptr

Yes. ES-specially crazy. You wouldn't know it to look at them though. After all, they are really well dressed.
edit on 23-7-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Again, you think getting rid of the military is going to suddenly make everyone sing kumbaya and get along with each other? The military is unfortunately necessary, and I'd sure as hell like to see them prepared in case they are needed. That means training, training, training.

reply to post by intrptr

What a witty comeback.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That's the best you have? Wow.

But hey, you're right, despite the fact that the first "war" happened right after cavemen figured out that you could hit someone with a rock and take what you wanted from them, we've evolved so much since then. If we just got rid of the narcissistic jingoists in the military the world would suddenly be peaceful and happy, and everyone would just love everyone else. There would be no jealousy over resources, we'd all suddenly have everything we needed, we'd be on Mars and into the galaxy in months. Wow! Why didn't I see it sooner!

[/sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

In the end there will be war makers and peace makers. Where do we wanted to be counted? Personally, I mean.
Regardless of whatever one else is doing, I mean.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Until we learn to get along a lot better than we do now, we have to be prepared for anything. Until we learn to share resources, and to not be intolerant of those that are different, there will be a need for a military force. We have a long way to go before we ever even start to get near that point. The military isn't the reason no one gets along, you need to look to other places for those reasons.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Replying twice. Heres a post in another thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

I suggest you look up and see the wider horizon.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Oh my god! Once again you've opened my eyes! People want to get along, they're not really intolerant at all!

I've seen the wider horizons. I am also a realist. People want what they don't have, people are intolerant of people that are "different". You want a prime example? Look at Muslims v Christians. Both sides have said that the other is evil, and is out to kill as many people as they can, just because they're a different religion.

But hey, it's all the military's fault that we don't get along right? They exist, therefore they're what's driving a wedge between everyone.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by _Del_

You can probably look up the flight path on various online ADSB monitoring sites like flightaware or similar

Since it is always classified you will never find out that way. These are the Navy Command planes for Subs and Fleet control should stuff need to be kept very quiet.

They don't fly traditional commercial air lanes unless they want too. Unless your the President, SecDef or the Joint Chief of the Navy you will never know where they are at any given time just like our subs, unless you see one like the OP has or on the Runway.

but they do have to comply with federal air traffic requirements except in times of emergency - that is why the USA has a FEDERAL Aviation Authority, rather than a CIVIL one as many other countries do - because its authority covers all flying in the USA, whether military or civil.

so normally they are NOT flying classified flights, and you will be able to track them.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

They do have to comply but military planes generally fly higher than commercial planes.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

controlled airspace goes to 60,000 feet - none of the military types that are based on commercial a/c will be flying higher than that!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealthbomber
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

They do have to comply but military planes generally fly higher than commercial planes.

Actually the opposite is true in my experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join