It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new baby is a prince. Bets on names? [George Alexander Louis]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

Please be prince Vultan, I would want him to be a proper ruler then.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
George!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Neymar.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wonder how many days they'll wait to announce it?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If you're taking bets, don't forget that the Windsors are currently taking four Christian names each.
E.g. Prince Charles is also Philip, Arthur, and George.
No winnings should be paid out unless somebody gets all four.
If you look at recent generations, the odds that "George" will be fourth on the list seem to be vey high.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
George Charles Phillip Harold

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Skylar

Henry

Philip

Thomas

Nathaniel

Cornelius

Rupert

Jimson

Darnell

Harry-potter

Pork-beans

Bangers-mash

Zed

Gunther

Cooper

Skippy

Winston

Arnold

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Its got to be george!. I have a cup with george on. But its not my name. I just fancied being george for a while.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I would fancy Razors Windsor.

Named after the guy in The long good Friday.

"Cut 'im, Razors"
edit on 22-7-2013 by Knobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sir Loin?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Sir Loin?

Quoted for lols

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I hear it's a common name.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
James Philip Charles Henry

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Honestly, do you Brits just not care or haven't yet noticed the anachronistic inanity of a "royal family"?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
Honestly, do you Brits just not care or haven't yet noticed the anachronistic inanity of a "royal family"?

More people care in other parts of the world than the UK does about its own Royal Family.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

They are just like our mascots really, a lifeline to our heritage and history.
Without them our national identity would suffer, plus they make us a load of tax revenue and such.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

how wealthy are they, and where do they get their money from? Do they have salaries?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by boymonkey74

how wealthy are they, and where do they get their money from? Do they have salaries?

They "bring in money for the country through tourism etc" and apparently this brings in more than it costs the country.

Also if you have super rich bored people, why not give some of them public jobs to help around the world and with charity's, do you expect that charity and public figure for your country to be the football stars, or just some gov dept? The Royals do have some sensible things to do for their titles.

The tax payers pay the bill.

Im only really interested atm because they will give a name im going to hear over and over, quicker i get used to it the better

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

How rich is Queen Elizabeth?
Her estimated personal fortune is around £350 million (US $525M). The Duchy of Lancaster estate, a portfolio of land, property and assets, is held in trust for the monarch and worth around £348 million. She also owns properties privately that have never been valued, including Sandringham House, Balmoral Castle reputedly worth £160 million and the Castle of Mey. Her personal art collection is worth at least £10 billion, and she owns personal jewellery and a large stamp collection built up by her grandfather George V. Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, the Crown Jewels and the Royal Art Collection are held in trust for the nation.
The Crown Estate, which manages on behalf of the monarch property and land owned by the Crown including Regent Street in London and Britain's coastline, is worth around £8.6 billion and generates £252 million (2011/12) in income a year. This income is handed back to the Government as payment in return for the £36 million per year (in 2012 down 12% from £41 million in 2008) cost of running the monarchy.
This arrangement dates from 1760 when George III gave up the right to the income from the Crown's estates in return for a Civil List paid to members of the Royal Family. In 2013 this changed to a Sovereign Support Grant based on 15% of the income from the Crown Estate. This means that for the year from April 2014 the grant will be £37.9 miilion towards the cost of the Royal household, their travel, attending formal functions and repairs to buildings including Kensington Palace which will be the new home of William and Catherine.

Hope that answers your question.

Source.
www.britroyals.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
We need an Arthur or Edward. In my opinion those names would be odd and traditional. Odd because they sound out of place and traditional because of Kings Arthur and Edward.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join