It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Royal baby: Kate gives birth to boy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Bravo! Well said! I am so tired of all these negative comments!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

I can't see any more obvious an illustration of injustice in the world, and for the UK to consider itself a leading nation with this anachronism - not just still present, but so popular - seems ridiculous.

I'm sure it seems very odd to some people that we as a democracy still have a Monarchy as our Head of State in this day and age.

Steeped within our history and traditions lies a high standard of 'consistency' that the majority of our Citizens welcome.

Lets face it, our politician's who are democratically elected are nearly always seen as flip-flopping, corrupt people 'joyfully playing' politics with people's lives for self gain.

If we were to elect a President, who would we pick to represent us? A Celebrity? Simon Cowel perhaps or Businessman/Celebrity Richard Branson? Most people in the World wouldn't know or care who they were.

Most people in the World do know who our Royal Family are. They as our Head of State are doing a great job in representing us through their experiences passed on from generation to generation.

Our Monarchy isn't perfect and it does need an overhaul in terms of it's size and legal powers but they do change and adapt their institution to hold and gain support from the public. They are very aware that if they don't do so, they will be ousted as our Head of State.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
And in other news approximately 11,000 children were born in the US today with little to no fanfare because they weren't born to super special parents. No wonder this world is so screwed up, when people the world over have elevated useless people to a such a level of importance that when they give birth to another useless person it is world news. The only quality any of these people have is they have convinced the masses somehow they are deserving of any attention at all.

The royal family is our national heritage. It is a great tradition that has been maintained for hundreds of years.

Who are you to criticise our history?

Americans dont like it when anyone from another country mentions that there constitution has no modern relevence, and ditto on this subject.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
We got kate and the USA has got the Karshardians and Snooki....God save the queen we don't suffer as much as them poor yanks

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
We got kate and the USA has got the Karshardians and Snooki....God save the queen we don't suffer as much as them poor yanks

Are you kidding? We've got the cast of The Only Way is Essex and Katie Price!
We do suffer.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
So we have a new shape-shifting reptilian future king to welcome then

Congrats lizards

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

edit on 23-7-2013 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

i'm glad some people know how to lay it on these corrupt politicians of England, since their people seem to love serfdom and hailing the new prince of darkness. i wonder how many civilian deaths it takes to feed a new prince for life?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by sepermeru

i'm glad some people know how to lay it on these corrupt politicians of England, since their people seem to love serfdom and hailing the new prince of darkness. i wonder how many civilian deaths it takes to feed a new prince for life?

Err:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Wishes Prince William and Kate the best with their new addition to the family.
NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
BREAKING: WHO CARES!!!

2nd

Gs

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

oh hey it's certainly not limited to the British people, lots of serfs in love globally. it doesn't take much thought power to add up all the lives ruined, tortured and corrupted by the "royal family" over the centuries, heck they still hold corruption power over the American people and govt. it's also no surprise they installed their ilk into the federal reserve in 1913 either.

truth be told, and it will, these low life's will be exposed for what they have always been, uncaring, dark doers of the world. Dianna was the only hope you folks had of straightening out this mess and i'm sure they had a hand in removing her as well, you know "accidents" and all.

again i still wish them no harm and never will as i don't see violence as a means to fix anything ever, i just wish people would wake up and smell the rotting flesh they purvey.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

There's been so much hype about this childbirth, you'd think that little baby Jesus was born......

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
reply to post by FlyersFan

For some reason we Americans are fascinated with the British. I, personally, love the history and traditions of the Monarchy.

America is a young country compared to England. We don't have many of the traditions steeped so deep with history. That's the part of it I love.

I agree, though, there are more important issues in the world. But our MSM lives vicariously through the Royal Family.

I feel the same way as a Brit, I have an appreciation for history, and I accept that they are a draw for tourism, but at the same time it astounds me that we have so much endless blathering on from talking heads on the TV about this!

It's a baby, thousands are born every day, this child is just the same as every child in the world right now - only born into luxury and security while millions of others starve and face poverty for the rest of their lives.

I find it a little distasteful that so much emphasis is placed on one child because of nothing more than privilege. It's especially distasteful when there are so many others in the world dying from hunger or a curable disease/condition, and the wealth and status of these specific individuals is shield.

The world is messed up.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

As I have mentioned before, these things depend on ones outlook and point of view. Right now, just by being born, this child, rightly or wrongly, however you view the people effected, has made great swathes of people smile. Perhaps one could argue that people are happy for the wrong reasons, but given how bloody depressing the news has been as of late, I think that good news is a welcome change, and a reason to smile can be the difference between life and death when you are at the thin end of the wedge.

Of course, some people will frown upon this, unable to get any joy out of it, annoyed at the level of coverage and so on. Me? I am a traditionalist, and by the way, a working class lad, and the birth of this boy, this future King of England, and indeed the remains of the British Commonwealth, is a source of joy for me. I say that ,despite the hardships I have been through, despite the times when I was one meal away from starvation, despite having lived on the street, my poor education, and all the other disadvantages that I had, when compared with the set up that the little fella has before him. I do not begrudge him any one of the many advantages of birth which this child will no doubt be given.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Hi TrueBrit
The birth of any child should bring a smile to anyone, but what is this child going doing for you when it's king?, absolutely f- all.
This parasite is just another in the long line of parasites that truly believe that they are better than you because of their geneology. Can you honestly tell me exactly how these people are somehow better than you?. Why does their bloodline reign when you're bloodline and mine are on the front line for extermination?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

everyone's entitled to an opinion my friend, but please don't ask us to celebrate the birth of a child into the dark family, just doesn't sit right for us, nothing against the wee little boy though, like i mentioned earlier perhaps he will get a chance to be human instead of a dark overlord.

your royal family is directly responsible for murdering millions of innocent people over the past so no i wont celebrate with you though but do offer the freedom and respect not to judge people who do support them.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Not sure if sarcasm? But why are you excited over this damned baby, a royal baby none the less. Every time we get all pumped about the royals, no matter what they do. Seems the world still wants to be ruled by the wealthy elite, I mean why else do you get excited when they reproduce?

Consume, work, buy, sleep, now repeat after me, I am Free.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by th3onetruth

Not sure if sarcasm? But why are you excited over this damned baby, a royal baby none the less. Every time we get all pumped about the royals, no matter what they do. Seems the world still wants to be ruled by the wealthy elite, I mean why else do you get excited when they reproduce?

Consume, work, buy, sleep, now repeat after me, I am Free.

makes me shake my head as well why a nation people being forcibly driven into the ground can celebrate the very ilk that places them there. a regime that forcibly feeds it's people GMO's and dines on "NOTHING" but their own organic grown food, paid for by the serfs.

i can although appreciate True Brits loyalty to his countrymen and the good they have done over the years, i have the same loyalty to the "People" of my home nation America.
edit on 23-7-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel

Hi TrueBrit
The birth of any child should bring a smile to anyone, but what is this child going doing for you when it's king?, absolutely f- all.
This parasite is just another in the long line of parasites that truly believe that they are better than you because of their geneology. Can you honestly tell me exactly how these people are somehow better than you?. Why does their bloodline reign when you're bloodline and mine are on the front line for extermination?

Given that the Royal family, contrary to the popular anti-monarchism movement propeganda, have consistently bought in more than they have earned or spent, to the British economy. The idea that they "cost" the taxpayer anything is utterly absurd, since they account for more of our tourism and international attraction than does anything else in the whole country. So, far from being parasites, they help bring funds in from abroad, attract all the Japanese and American tourists like sugary drinks attract flies in summer, and those folks tend to be pretty big spenders, so it is not just the Tower of London, Windsor Castle, and other stately historical locations which benifit from them ,but all the hotels, eateries, taxi drivers, councils and so on, which contain the tourists during thier stay.

They also do an awful lot to forge diplomatic and trade links with other nations, which is why you often see them on tours of this or that continent. Its not as if they just sit around drinking G&Ts and texting thier celeb friends about what the weather is like, and how many toucans they might smuggle out in thier luggage!

As for the "believing they are better than you" blather, simply put, they do not. Nothing about William or Harry suggests that they honestly see themselves as any different to you or I, when it comes down to the nitty gritty. Those two chaps are actually quite down to Earth, and I am hopeful for the future when ot comes to the idea of those fellows getting older and taking on more frontal roles within the family as time passes.

I respect what I see of them, not because they were born to it, but because I have seen nothing from either the Queen, or indeed any of her hiers, that makes me think that they would be anything less than all about the people. The Queen has done her bit, William and Harry have done thiers, Prince Andrew did, they all mucked in when there was a need for folk to do so, despite thier Majesties status's as figureheads for the entire bloody nation. Would that all people were as prepared to do so. Alas, I see many examples of other people, who arent Kings, Queens, Princess and Princesses, behaving like utter bastards, and you do not see them properly lambasted, or being accused of being parasites. No, these are just people doing "Business", and we only think they are wrong because we do not understand the banking system, or because everyone is doing it.

You go right ahead and reserve your ire for the monarchy, a group of people who have no bloody power what so ever, but all the responsibility of having to maintain an image for the camera, every day, all the time, never free to run naked in the rain, or get steaming drunk and head butt a copper, or smash a window with a litter bin, or urinate in a public place, you see how you like a rod up your back, coated in gold though it may be. You wouldnt last five bloody minuites. You would however halve our tourist trade in approximately one week.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

dude seriously, you're trying to defend the royal family on those claims? try telling Ethiopians of how it was so bad to not have biscuits n tea growing up, OMG the suffrage.

edit on 23-7-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join