It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your quotes about life and death...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Anyway, a member of our family has passed on and I was trying to assist someone who's making the program for the Celebration of Life next weekend. He was a brother, husband and father. He died at age 52 from medical complications. It was very hard on everyone so we are trying to make this as positive as possible and I know there are lots of great people here with some great ideas and beliefs about the afterlife. He was not particularly religious. But I guess he would be Christian if anything but any quotes or poems or sentiments are accepted. You don't have to worry about hurting anyone's feelings so humorous type stuff is ok. Though it may not be included in the program
I know its an odd request so if I don't get a lot of responses don't worry I wasn't expecting much
But at the same time, I'm expecting something spectacular
Thanks in advance

edit on 7/21/2013 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

I mean quotes that have to do with life or death or whatever. I want to help people try to make sense of this tragedy and feel better about it.

He lived near the ocean, in wa state, he liked watching football and baseball games, he smoked weed, no cigarettes or alcohol, if any of these details help. He was a really cool guy who would never hurt anyone, and had a really cool sense of humor. He liked to rhyme words, a lot. "Lets go, Joe." He could almost always guess what his Christmas or birthday presents were by shaking it a little. Then he would set it aside without opening it and go to the next one. It was funny and aggravated some people in a playful way when he did that.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

An old Hebrew proverb:

Say not in grief: "He is no more",
but live in thankfulness that he was.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If I were you I would check the inspiration that is "Karl Pilkington"

I'm sure you could find some thought provoking stuff from this guy...

“Well...like, when you're born, you're a little baby, you're wrinkly and stuff, when you get older you sort of morph into a baby again...” - Karl pilkington.

Sure to make people stop and think about their lives.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

He changed what was and what is and will be with the butterfly effect. Now he has moved on to the place where all shines in the bliss. One day we will join him in the bliss and share the joy at home.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

"I'll be back"

- T-800, T-850, and Model-101 - (sometimes also attributed to Jesus)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Death to me should be celebrated and not mourned.

When people die that's it for them, their suffering has ended and they no longer have to wait or anticipate death again.

Celebrate the life that they had and lived.

The good times and the bad.

Don't romanticize the dead just because they're dead. Remember you didn't steal your dad's wallet and he slapped your butt for it? He was still an @sshole for that, doesn't mean you didn't love that person.

Don't really know my point, just that their life and death should be celebrated and that our opinion and feeling towards that person shouldn't change after they die, so no need to be sad I guess.

ETA: I'm sorry for your loss, whether you were close or not. He was close to someone you love and they'll be hurting.

edit on 21-7-2013 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for the replies so far, everybody I've talked to really likes what has been said so far

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
black holes eh you spend the first 9 months getting out of one the rest of you'r adult life trying to find one and at the end of the day you'r best friends lower you feet first back into one

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I guess if I relative of mine passed and I had to give a speech at the funeral (Eulogy), I'd probably say something like.

"Life is a gift given to us all,
and so are our family and friends"

"We shouldn't mourn (Joes) death
but embrace it and celebrate it
for we only die once
and (Joe) is now at peace"

"We should remember (Joe)
for all that he was and wasn't,
He was terrible at sports (people laugh)
but he was kind and respectful"

I don't really know, but I'm sure you'll find something to say.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
the nature of the universe .. all things that begin must end.
no amount of money or prayer will stop it.

time and tide wait for none.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Death is but a door...unknown who said it.

That is not dead which eternal lie,
yet with stranger eons,
even death may die--H.P.Lovecraft

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
on the grave stone of a comedian [ spike milligan ] TOLD YOU I WAS ILL

his other jokes were it is not the plane crash that kills you it is the sudden stop

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Awesome, thanks everybody
Stars all around!

I'll be checking in at least twice a day for the next week. I guess we will print the programs on Friday and the Celebration of Life get together will be Sat or Sun, not sure yet. I wasn't related by blood but knew the man for nearly eight years.

By the way, his name isn't Joe, lol, he just always says things like that to rhyme words. He would say things like "Kick back, Jack!" But he had better more unique ones.

However... This man had a name, and his name was Greg Redifer.

P.S. We will be releasing Chinese lanterns with messages written on them this coming weekend in Ocean Shores, WA... So... In other words... Look forward to my next thread one week from now in the UFO & ALIENS forum...with photographic evidence!! Exclusive!!!!!! Haha just kidding...but just in case anyone in Grey's Harbor area sees multiple floating lights in the evening time it might just be us. But I think there's only 3 lanterns left cause we lit some on the 4th, being that he died days before and it was his favorite holiday. So if its specifically 3 lights you see then that could help eliminate or include our lanterns as a possibility. Of course if details.change I'll update here. I know how much time and work goes into ufology so I figured it would be a good idea to leave a heads up here just in case.

Thanks again everybody!
I feel extremely blessed to have access to such an incredible resource. You guys and gals are my secret weapon hehehe! XD

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I know there are lots of great people here with some great ideas and beliefs about the afterlife.

“To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”
― Mark Twain

“When he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.”
― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

“The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.”
― J.K. Rowling

“Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

“Fear not death for the sooner we die, the longer we shall be immortal.”
― Benjamin Franklin

“Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.”
― Helen Keller

(hoping these make up for the goof earlier in this post, if anyone read before the edit).
edit on 22-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

When my brother passed away, someone said to me, "Heaven got lucky today." If I believed in a god, that would have been very comforting.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow, it just keeps getting better every day! Thanks everyone! You're all amazing and I feel blessed to have a chance to better myself by being a part of this community. If it wasn't for ats I would be left to fend for myself amongst the rest of the internet, which most of it is like a wilderness compared to the advanced civilization contained within the walls of Fort ATS!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
We will be making the program later today, and I just wanted to say thanks again, and the man's daughter personally wanted me to tell you all that it meant a lot to her
Way to go ats, another mission completed

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
"Round & Round (It Won't Be Long)"

Round and round and round we spin,
To weave a wall to hem us in,
It won't be long, it won't be long
How slow and slow and slow it goes,
To mend the tear that always shows.
It won't be long, it won't be long.

It's hard enough losin'
the paper illusion
you've hidden inside,
Without the confusion
of findin' you're usin'
the crutch of the lie
To shelter your pride when you cry.

Now you're movin' too slow
and wherever you go
there's another beside.
It's so hard to say no
to yourself and it shows
that you're losing inside,
When you step on your pride and you cry.

How the hours will bend
through the time that you spend
till you turn to your eyes,
And you see your best friend
looking over the end
and you turn to see why,
And he looks in your eyes and he cries.

by Neil Young

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

all men are born free in mind.....but only some die liberated in soul.

EDIT TO ADD:

"Give me" I said.

"no" responded life.

"why" I asked.

"you must defeat me" replied life.

"how" I asked.

"that is the battle" life said.

"then I have already won" said I.

"then I have already given" said life.
edit on 25-7-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I know the celebration must have been a while back now...
& I hope it went well for you and all involved!!!

But hopefully what I say will still be helpful for you...

Listen out for his voice... & anybody you may have "lost" over the years... Listen not only within your mind... But also around your physical vessel...
These moments are not just memories...
Sometimes it's a little message that the person is doing well... That they still spend time with you...
& you will see them again one day!!!

For we never truly "lose" anybody really... We just find it harder to communicate!

They are The Watchers by nature... But sometimes they become the voice of reason... The Angel on our shoulder with that perfect advice... Given the spiritual sense of humour they possess, sometimes our imaginary friend, to remain anonymous!!!

Peace.

top topics

join