It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Physicist Explains Why Scientists Won't Discuss UFOs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

"The system is built in such a way that we do not have the power to initiate disclosure to humans on a mass scale."

What is the system? Who has the power? Who is the energy that powers the machine?

"Even if we all wanted to, we cant, because the government has the power and we authorized them to have power by living in a civilization that is run by governmental bodies."

This is a very perceptive statement about the way we perceive and collectively co-create reality.

All a government is is the calcification of the zeitgeist of the ruling elite. That is why there is no perfect government and never will be, and why governments come and go. And why none can last forever because times change. New ideas and patterns of thought can be just as frightening to a government or religion as the people who think them. This is why no government anywhere will EVER disclose ANYTHING that could potentially destablize the system.

"This is the furthest we have come as a species. Maybe thats the reason the Extraterrestrials wont even disclose to us."

Perhaps we are saying the same thing?

"We have created the system that keeps us in the dark. Who is to blame if not humans?"

Bingo. But let's move away from blame. It's a waste of energy. Let's instead discuss courage. The courage of system breaking (or new system building) is the public act of speaking up and saying "I believe, even if you think I'm wrong." This is shining a very bright light in a room of darkness. Others who were hiding their own lights realize that they are not alone, that they are not crazy. Perhaps they uncover their own dazzling brightness.

Freedom is the courage to shine.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

"The technology that "the others" have is way beyond the comprehension of many scientists."

I agree. I am reminded of the three laws of Clarke.

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

3.Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

"When, and if, we finally do figure out the science beyond their propulsion systems and their impossible
maneuvers, it will blow so many of our theories out of the water, that many of these scientists will be out of work."

Perhaps Scientists who sell their souls deserve to be out of work.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Maybe both viewpoints are accurate?

I certainly agree that what we are publicly allowed to know about our own technology is just the tip of a very large iceberg. I have observed that the easiest way to cover something up is to hide it right out in the open but cloaked in a spectacle of theatre. People are so delighted and entertained by the show that they fall completely for the illusion and never think to question what they are really seeing.

One thing I certainly never expected was the flare for dramatics that live in our public servants. They could be artists.
The ones they can't catch with sensationalism and shock, they catch with the fear that they will be ostracized for believing in the lightshow.

On the other hand, I think there are other things going on in the Universe that exceed our wildest dreams. How do you conceptualize or discuss something that phantasmagorical? How do you understand something so different from you, so far advanced? It seems you would have to invent new words.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
reply to post by Logarock

There is really nothing in the psychological field as a discipline that qualifies it as something that could be applied to every UFO case study. You want to bring in a shrink and have a look at Barney Hill well fine. But any number of air force pilots over the years......psychology is going to be about useless in those cases.

Psychology thinks it can show up on any occasion. It doesn't really want to lend so much anymore as it has come to love its position as interpreter of all things.

I think there is a complete lack of understanding of what is going on physically, emotionally and perceptually with the majority of reports. For instance, more often then not, intense fear is commonly reported along with sightings. What kind of perceptual distortions are associated with rushes of adrenaline?
edit on 24-7-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

Maybe its not a distortion but part of an ever operating but not often used safety system that's part of the psyche. It cant simply be the human encountering the unknown. Not taking away the strength of that fear, but in the case of animals we cant say that animals have been preconditioned. Maybe a better case could be made along these line for a lack of preconditioning. Maybe it goes way beyond that to a preprogramed, with knowledge response.
yeah, maybe, but instead of making up your own psychological explanations why not become familiar with existing ones first? Tachypsychia is the term for this distortion of perception and it is a documented phenomenon.

It is common for an individual experiencing tachypsychia to have serious misinterpretations of their surroundings during the events, through a combination of their altered perception of time, as well as transient partial color blindness and tunnel vision

en.wikipedia.org...

Now explain how Air Force pilots are immune to this or how their recall of events are superior to Betty Hill's.
edit on 27-7-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

There is really nothing in the psychological field as a discipline that qualifies it as something that could be applied to every UFO case study. You want to bring in a shrink and have a look at Barney Hill well fine. But any number of air force pilots over the years......psychology is going to be about useless in those cases.

Psychology thinks it can show up on any occasion. It doesn't really want to lend so much anymore as it has come to love its position as interpreter of all things.

I think there is a complete lack of understanding of what is going on physically, emotionally and perceptually with the majority of reports. For instance, more often then not, intense fear is commonly reported along with sightings. What kind of perceptual distortions are associated with rushes of adrenaline?
edit on 24-7-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

Maybe its not a distortion but part of an ever operating but not often used safety system that's part of the psyche. It cant simply be the human encountering the unknown. Not taking away the strength of that fear, but in the case of animals we cant say that animals have been preconditioned. Maybe a better case could be made along these line for a lack of preconditioning. Maybe it goes way beyond that to a preprogramed, with knowledge response.
yeah, maybe, but instead of making up your own psychological explanations why not become familiar with existing ones first? Tachypsychia is the term for this distortion of perception and it is a documented phenomenon.

It is common for an individual experiencing tachypsychia to have serious misinterpretations of their surroundings during the events, through a combination of their altered perception of time, as well as transient partial color blindness and tunnel vision

en.wikipedia.org...

Now explain how Air Force pilots are immune to this or how their recall of events are superior to Betty Hill's.

You sound like your assuming that everyone having a sighting is also having tachypsychia. What sort of nonsense is this? You would first have to establish tachypsychia exists in the witness. This is the scientific method. And yea an air force pilot would be far less susceptible to something like tachypsychia if the criteria is color blindness, tunnel vision ect and you would still have to establish that the witness had experienced any of these conditions to begin with.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You sound like your assuming that everyone having a sighting is also having tachypsychia. What sort of nonsense is this?

I am? Which part? What I am telling you is that everyone experiences psychology. Even pilots. This is one example that is often reported. What I am asking is how pilots are immune to this. That's NOT a claim.

You would first have to establish tachypsychia exists in the witness. This is the scientific method.

No I don't since I'm not claiming that. Tachypsychia is a known phenomenon associated with adrenaline rush.

And yea an air force pilot would be far less susceptible to something like tachypsychia

THAT is a claim.
well then don't you have to prove that with the scientific method? Do you have any references to useless psychological papers?

if the criteria is color blindness, tunnel vision ect and you would still have to establish that the witness had experienced any of these conditions to begin with.

Why? Can you explain this in non psychological terms? Maybe you are right. I don't know. Can you provide a reference.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Well for one thing you cant be color blind and even get into the air force academy. And certainly, air force pilots are very accustomed to high amounts of adrenaline in there systems and still function without any of these symptoms. Anyone showing these condition during training, which would produced them, would be dropped out of the program early on. I would go so far as to say that a fighter pilot would be the least likely of all witnesses to suffer from this condition.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well for one thing you cant be color blind and even get into the air force academy.

OK back up. Who is color blind?

And certainly, air force pilots are very accustomed to high amounts of adrenaline in there systems and still function without any of these symptoms.
no one said anything about not being able to function. I have experienced this and able to function quite well but I still had perceptual distortions.

Anyone showing these condition during training, which would produced them, would be dropped out of the program early on. I would go so far as to say that a fighter pilot would be the least likely of all witnesses to suffer from this condition.

I think you are misunderstanding what tachypsychia is. It IS associated with adrenaline rush. Here, let me help you by reading the link.

It is possible to manage the "adrenaline dump" still occurring after the event, and it is common for soldiers and martial artists to use tachypsychia in order to increase their performance during stressful situations.

Yes it is but tachypsychia exists still. Performance and perception are not the same. I am certain pilots can ID known things when this occurs but how well can they ID something they don't know? Just to be clear, that is a question. A psychological question.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Well for one thing you cant be color blind and even get into the air force academy.

You posted that from a source back a few.

'It is common for an individual experiencing tachypsychia to have serious misinterpretations of their surroundings during the events, through a combination of their altered perception of time, as well as transient partial color blindness and tunnel vision"
edit on 27-7-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You posted that from a source back a few.
yes, I READ it. It did not say anyone was color blind.

Where exactly does it say "people who are color blind" ? I suppose people that walk around with "serious misinterpretations of their surroundings" and " altered perception of time" don't get in the front door either. Is that how you read that? If so, read it again.

I suppose you have to explain how someone is immune to tachypsychia. This could be an important breakthrough in neuropsychology. We don't need no stinken psychologist. We are immune to all human psychology!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LeConnea

Yes. I think we agree! :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join