It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glad to be here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
My name is Peyton, I'm 17, and live in the USA. I'm going into my senior year of high school but fortunately I've finished my freshman year of college at West Virginia State University. My interests are astronomy and space exploration, and I've been a frequent visitor of the sight for about a year. I love telescopes and have an Orion xt8i. I also love reading about ancient civilizations; Egypt and ancient Sumeria are my favorites. I'm in love with the moon, I think its so beautiful. Oh, and yes, I do believe in aliens.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PeytonEdward

Welcome to ATS

I hope your time here is an education one with lots of fun.

Oh, and yes, I do believe in aliens

You believe in illegal immigrants

I'm just kiddin with ya

See you around the boards sometime, and someone will be by shortly with some virtual cookies so don't be afraid to share because they are free after all.

Oh and have you ever seen anything extraordinary with your telescope? man I need to get me a decent one and do some high quality star gazing.
edit on 20-7-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Welcome to the asylum, Soon you'll be as crazy as the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
DP....again!
edit on 20-7-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

The coolest thing I've seen is the little orange dot that we have come to call Mars.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I remember the first time I ever seen Mars and knew it was that planet was the year it and Jupiter seemed to be doing the waltz together
one hell of a sight and it really did blow my mind. Every night for a few weeks they sat in the eastern sky slowly bobbing along, they were in the exact spot too for a while like one great big star but sadly it was a typical English night then... plenty of clouds.

It was a once in a lifetime event apparently, can't remember the details but it was something like every 90 years it happens. I might be wrong on that though, 2004 is ringing bells but I don't think it was that long ago.

So no weather balloons or swamp gas?
personally I'd love to be able to view satellites with a telescope, I have a knack for finding them

Me thinks you'll fit in nicely round here.

edit on 20-7-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Thanks for sharing all of that, man. I'm liking this community already.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Just don't make the mistake and let whats going on in this world consume your life, trust me you can not know everything, you cant change most people, and you are pretty much going to suffer. Now you can use the information you find on this website to prepare for the unknown, the future..but continue to enjoy your life. I am glad to see young generations here. The older generation will tell you your dumb asses and need to get off the internet, not realizing you have the most information ever at your fingertips and can bring it up on a whim. Welcome.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Do you guys know how I can edit my initial post?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Hi Peyton, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

edit on 21-7-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hi ya and welcome

top topics

join