It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem at ANOTHER cavern in salt dome near giant Louisiana sinkhole. No ‘immediate’ safety risk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hi,

So I was checking out the latest news on the Assumption Parish sinkhole when I saw this article....enenews.com... fety-risk-to-public

An internal piping problem inside a Dow Hydrocarbons underground storage cavern in Assumption Parish prompted automatic emergency systems to burn off propylene and shut the cavity. Dow officials are working on plans to check the cavern — located about two miles away from an Assumption Parish sinkhole. The situation poses no immediate safety risk to the public.

To begin I wouldn't trust a damn thing those "Dow officials" say. Is this just a coincidence or is it related to the other sinkhole? Anyways here is some news on that huge sinkhole...
www.bayoubuzz.com...

Early Friday morning parish workers discovered water and debris moving inside the containment berm area. Parish officials say this latest activity gives some insight into what's still going on below the surface. So that's what you saw---the big water shift back and forth. We've seen similar events happen in the past when you've seen a big shift of material down there," said Patrick Courreges, Department of Natural Resources spokesperson.

It really makes me wonder if the two incidents are related. I don't think it's looking very good for the folks in that area.

Assumption Parish Office Emergency Preparedness director John Boudreaux says this sinkhole's recent activity shows just how much more information all agencies involved need to find out before lifting the 11-month long mandatory evacuation order. "Some of the estimates---just to remove the gas to a safe level---it's going to take years to do at this current rate. So, no time in the near future would anything be changing," said Boudreaux.

I've also linked a page that has news video for those who wish to watch. It shows the water movement but most of the news is the same as in the above articles.

www.wafb.com...
edit on 20-7-2013 by playernumber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Whats this i here that the BP lawyers are slandering, the peples lawyer,,ie fraud claims,,,any truth,?,,
after seeing the fraud commited by some Boston Bomb victum,,, i dont know,, (scratch's head,,,?).
Anyone think the now ongoing BP LITIGATION,,,might be the W.H.'s,,real,,"Distract the media",,with Zimmerman?

new topics

join