It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence erupts in France over police check of veiled Muslim woman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinner07

carry on with the two minutes hate disguised as concern with women's rights:
@@: [/quo

How is this 2 mins of hate? he posted a link about an event.

wife breaks law by wearing burqa, which is banned in France.....
Police officer checks her ID
Husband assaults police officer
random person posts story
random person is the hater?

What I got from the story is the violence erupted when the man was arrested for assaulting the police officer.

Ok lets talk law then ! What about the legal consent of the said search ?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
What a bunch of grade A imbeciles. These people do not care about justice, freedom or anything. They just want an excuse to cause trouble.

You are talking about the French Police right ? Secondline.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Memnon

Yes, so all Muslims should move out of France, to get away from the evil of the culture.

Deport the man to his country of origin or choice.

Give the wife a chance to feel she is willing to give an honest opinion. If she wants to wear the veil, send her away with her husband. Otherwise send he someplace where she can be free to pursue the life she desires.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
The muslim man tried to choke a policeman because he simply wanted to see the womans ID.
The arab population is always causing total mayhem and violence over the simplest crap. The authorities are unable to do anything, and the country is being overtaken.

-And yes, I know, as usual, I will be accused of being a racist hysteric for saying that, by someone who doesn't live here. Oh well. Just watch and see. Christianity took over the world once, with violence, and now is the turn of Islam.
We say to ourselves that we have evolved beyond such things, but cycles turn and repeat regardless.

Only if the Rothchilds and especially their middle east partner, the Rockefellers decide to deliberately foster a cycle, for nothing happens that they don't want.

Unless of course its the people that speak for once. And make them duck and dodge and cover their oh so sensitive ears from the massive bullhorns that should be assaulting them day and night by the millions, just because they earned it.

Um....there is no cycle that forces this upon the christians due to the past.

And this cycle for human is Progression to the cosmos and beyond.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Am I really lol? Anyway your first and last sentences (?) make no sense. In response to the middle sentence (?) What if his choice or his country of origin is France? Never debate with [snipped] (Herbert Marcuse)
edit on Sat Jul 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Memnon

I was just following your logic.

I guess it wasn't what you where looking for.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Were not 'where'. I myself have a copy of Copi & Cohens Intro to Logic, so i guess I follow (?) an objective (ish) logic..

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Memnon

Ah, cling to that typo, great way to advance your opinion.

Most find that when they start applying the text book to the real world, then their real education begins.

Apply your understanding of logic to this, and then add some reason.

Why move to a country when you do not respect their culture?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Good thing it wasn't the TSA.

They wouldn't be rioting. It would be war.

When the rubber gloves came out it would be on D-Day.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
The Veil is not actualy part of Islam, it's from a culture hundreds of years ago.

Back in the day, the masters of the slaves forced the slaves to cover their face, as to make them appear sub-human, thus causing less guilt or effect on the masters concious. That is where it originated from.

When Islam spread and the slaves were no longer slaves, they kept the woman in veils as for the same reason the master of the slaves did, to make them appear suub-human to their owners (husbands, men, etc) and thus cause them less guilt when they punish them, or keep forcing them to act against their will (rape, sharia law etc).

If it had anything to do with Islam, every muslim woman would have to be covered, but they are not.
It is a sect of Islam that mixed with the customs of a land they expanded into. The religion got mixed with the culture, and thus now seem un-seperable.

My point is, the veil is not religious, it is cultural.

What far away land/culture was this? And do you have any proof of what you are stating?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Your kinda right my bad #uck it lets talk for real for real I am not trying to advance my opinion its a fact you guys paint yourselves in swastikas/stars and stripes not my opinion 'the eye cannot behold itself' I am what some would call well travelled I've lived on five different continents I prefer the term Bedouin but since you are into real politics I'll call it how it is I'm a Gypsy 'Why move to a country when you do not respect their culture?' I hate to answer a question with a question but what culture??????? Further many displaced peoples did not place themselves in their current geographical locations, take African Americans as one example. Do parasitic nations such as USA or Australia respect indigenous peoples cultures.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Mmmm, again religion of peace is showing true face . It seems that French law condraticts with middle age sharia laws and other nonsences with religion of peace.France authorities must react more agressivly to stop this crazy sh*t.

you are deluded and/or misinformed

Islam never meant peace

it means 'Submission'

from wiki:

The Arabic term Islam (إسلام) is derived from aslama, which means "to surrender" or "resign oneself".[6][7] The Arabic word salaam (سلام) ("peace") shares the same abstract consonantal root with the word Islam.[8] This has led to a widespread misinterpretation that the word Islam means peace.

So again, like the thousands of other you fail!

Islam is a warrior religion, it speaks of swords and war, tactics and strategy, its a religion that the europeans wish they have adopted instead of Christianity

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memnon
reply to post by xavi1000

You are a racist (are you broke, not spiritually or emotionally but financially? Is there a correlation?) France is a racist country. Truth of which is based on Frances imperialist/colonialist actions historically (e.g. Algeria) and currently (e.g. Mali.) What does France legislate about Sikh/Jew/Catholic/Christian/Hindu/etc.and their respective attire? Why is there an insidious focus on the Muslimah? Is France a legitimate authority on Islam? France/Creon issues edict, Muslimah/Antigone defies man made law and appeals to a higher law! I thought this website was for alien loving police choking hippies.. jumped up collaborators. What happened to piety? Even the Germans asked this of French opulence/decadence. No wonder the gods dined in Ethiopia (Iliad/Odyssey.)

Then perhaps the Muslims don't like it, perhaps they SHOULD MOVE.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jumadax

Servitude can be misunderstood its not an oppressive situation between the sincerely faithful and the most high its beautiful and awesome phenomena in the Greek not American context peace

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Memnon

I think because you are new you need to read the T&C of this site...NO NAME CALLING.

Anyhow back to the OP, it is the law in france you either obey the law or leave the country, A veil is slavery for women, It is backward and wrong...how can anyone have a conversation with someone who hides their face?
Only 15% of communication is verbal the rest is body language and is impossible with a woman hiding her face.
Iam all for multiculturalism but people have to adapt to the country they have moved to.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

It appears that the veil started in ancient Assyria - respectable women were required to wear a veil to identify them as free while those who didn't were usually slaves and subject to terrible treatment. As civilizations clashed throughout the years the concept of the veil went with it. (same goes for Islam when it came in contact)

It appears that a veil became law in the middle ages and it signified a sub-standard class for women. Women were meant to stay at home and have no contact with the outside world.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by xavi1000

Amazing isnt it?

In France, the police simply check a veil and the people ERUPT.

In the US, the police are conducting road side strip searches and the sheeple do nothing...

edit on 20-7-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

In France, the "people" who riot are the Muslim immigrants from Algeria and other places. They always riot in the Summer. Something to do with the heat, noise, light and dry air (The Mistral).

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join