It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fith Estate trailer, Wikileaks movie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Interesting, may have to catch that...

Kind of curious releasing a movie that shows how the US is essentially hunting people who are heroes risking everything in the name of the TRUTH.

Damn shame, think this applies.

either you die a hero or live long enough to become the villain- Harvey Dent

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
A pretty good trailer.

I am not sure on the actor though. I think they could have picked someone better. Cumberbatch neither looks like, nor sounds like Assange (even when putting on that Aussie accent). Even though he is a good actor, i think someone else could do just as good of a portrayal as Cumberbatch. This guy could ave done it, but probably not at the same level of acting:

About the movie itself; i am not sure what to think. Assange got a hold of early scripts which portrayed WikiLeaks and its staff (including Assange) in a negative light. We will have to wait and see whether or not the script has changed in the final version of the movie.

edit on 20-7-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

This guy could ave done it, but probably not at the same level of acting:

You're right, that was a great movie and that guy did a great job at playing the part of Julian. That movie was made a few years ago right, he must be a bit older now? This new movie looks a tad bit over exaggerated though. I heard there was also a new Wikileaks propaganda movie coming out, I thought this was the trailer to that movie for a minute.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

This guy could ave done it, but probably not at the same level of acting:

You're right, that was a great movie and that guy did a great job at playing the part of Julian. That movie was made a few years ago right, he must be a bit older now? This new movie looks a tad bit over exaggerated though. I heard there was also a new Wikileaks propaganda movie coming out, I thought this was the trailer to that movie for a minute.

Yeah, the movie is a good year or two old. I think the actor of Underground (Alex Williams) probably has the closest resemblance to Julian also. Personally i think he would have done great in the role of an older Julian.

As for the propaganda stuff; there were two WikiLeaks related material due out this year. There was We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks, and The Fifth Estate.

We Steal Secrets was basically a biased, anti-Julian piece. WikiLeaks had provided contrary statements to those made in the documentary, by providing sources to prove just why the documentary is false.

http://__._/IMG/html/gibney-transcript.html

Just in case the WL link does not work, you can find the script (and WikiLeaks' contradicting statements) here:

www.theverge.com...

The Fifth Estate is a Hollywood movie detailing the rise and somewhat fall from glory of Julian and WikiLeaks. The film is based on several books, including that of Daniel Domscheit-Berg (the ex spokes-person for WL, and the individual of whom Assange had a fallout with). So obviously right away, there could be assumed misconceptions about the movie and its sources.

If that is not enough, Julian Assange had acquired an early script of The Fifth Estate, and attacked it as an anti-WikiLeaks piece, which fanned the flames of war with Iran:

You can find it at 11:10 in the following video:

Here is the trailer for We Steal Secrets:

edit on 20-7-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

If that is not enough, Julian Assange had acquired an early script of The Fifth Estate, and attacked it as an anti-WikiLeaks piece, which fanned the flames of war with Iran

Well than it is the film I was thinking about. I watched that video you posted a few weeks ago and Assange made it seem like a really bad movie full of war mongering propaganda. Based on that trailer one would assume it's actually a movie which is portraying Assange in a positive light. I guess neither a trailer nor the opening scene are really enough to judge a movie by. I'd need to see the full film before judging it properly.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
American propaganda! Promoting a American Asset. Funny how he exposes countries, that soon after, are invaded. Drops huge files on Syria, and guess who's next. Is he against the American Government or for them ? Look at the Company he keeps on TIMES Magazine Covers. Should be telling. This man has revealed nothing of Worth and change. Small unknowns expose more everyday than what the great Wikileaks has revealed in their full time. Asset, Asset, Asset. The Man who would be King.

new topics

top topics

join