It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Architecture of Oppression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just spotted this passing through on Facebook
and found it really pretty interesting. View counts are low on both version on Youtube so doesn't look like it's been circulated much and didn't spot it here. It's basically a well packaged series of clips from Pres. Barack Obama, former NSA whistleblower Bill Binney, ACLU Deputy Legal Director Jameel Jafar, Edward Snowden, Sen. Ron Wyden, NSA Director Keith Alexander, DNI James Clapper and a good speech by Oliver Stone--all on the subject of surveillance.

My one comment/dislikes on the packaging was the use of canned laughter at the end but I get the point because, by the end of it, it's quite clear that the maker is using the combination of Obama's speech and the canned laughter in a satirical way--basically, what a joker. Secondly, I really don't like new age kind of music. lol Outside of those two things--as to the video in its entirety, I think it does an excellent job at highlighting and exposing the hypocrisy that the Obama administration has been engaging in. Just because someone--even the President--says, doesn't always make it true. I really, really liked Stone's speech at the end as it's a reminder that, once upon a time, just a few people getting their phones tapped once promoted outrage and more.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So thats what it looks like when a President lies.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That was awesome. Thank you.
Made me realize that I never watched the Ed Snowden footage. Going to watch it now.

new topics

join