It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My gay theory!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I had, what i find i to be a very interesting thought. I really hope i don't offend anyone, so ok here goes.

What if homosexuality is actually humanities form of population control. What if as too many of us gather in too tight of an area, our genetics will begin swapping some of us from straight to gay in an attempt to curb over population?

This isn't really that far of a jump when you look at the fact quite a few members of the animal kingdom swap there sexes completely to handle the issue of over population.

In my opinion sexuality is decided before birth. I can't speak for the rest of you, but i have had 2 different sets of friends have male children that there is little doubt they will be gay as adults. These kids are only 5 and 7 now and both have "normal" (lol) heterosexual parents. Neither has any gay people around them nor have they been abused somehow.

So if it is decided before birth. Then it must have some benefit to mankind. Nothing else in nature is really wasted. So what other reason could it really be?

What if the story of sodom and gohmora wasn't trying to teach us that if we allow gay people in society God will destroy us. What if the moral of the story was lost and what was really meant was that if we crowd too many people together in too tight of a space, you will start having homosexuals be born.

Now even in the time of sodom and gohmora our technology was advanced enough to overrule our internal population control. However in smaller tribal groups even a few percent of the population being gay, could have had a pretty big effect on the tribes birth rate.

Just a though, hope i didn't offend. I would like to know if gay people find this offensive. looking at it from a science view i don't think it would offend but who knows.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by artemisminion

Many people have had the same theory.
It does make some sense, but I think the percentage of gay people in any society has been about the same over time. If it were a form of population control, seems the percentage would have risen as the population goes out of control.

I think it's just like left-handedness. A fairly small percentage of any population is left-handed. No further explanation needed.

I'm not gay, but I don't find your post offensive.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Many people have had the same theory.
It does make some sense, but I think the percentage of gay people in any society has been about the same over time. If it were a form of population control, seems the percentage would have risen as the population goes out of control.

I think it's just like left-handedness. A fairly small percentage of any population is left-handed. No further explanation needed.

I'm not gay, but I don't find your post offensive.

How could anyone actually know the rate of gay people in antiquity lol?

Also it seems to me that urban areas do have higher rates then rural areas. This is just speculation, but i'd be willing to bet money on it. It could always be said that it has more to do with social factors, but i think it happens before birth so that doesn't really fit.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Maybe the percentage is rising, but society isn't being honest about it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

his is just speculation, but i'd be willing to bet money on it.

That would be because of population density. The average would be the same if that's taken into account.

Is homosexuality a form of popular control? Well a few studies have shown that homosexuality does increase as the population of any given species that exhibit does, but that could be again, proportional to the amount of whatever species is in the area.

Considering I don't think Nature knows how many humans are on the planet at any given time, I can't imagine it pre-selecting folk to be gay.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

What makes you think your friends kids will grow up gay?
Do they have a big gay birthmark or something?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Hello. I am gay and I completely agree with you on the population control thing. I have always felt that population density is a huge contributing factor to homosexuality. In a high-density area, the level may rise between 10-20% ... but in more rural towns, there's usually one or two (admittedly) gay people per town.

That being said, the whole Sodom and Gomorrah thing is misinterpreted, taken out of context, and bastardized.

It never once says in the bible that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality (neither directly nor indirectly). This is just a petty detail that modern-day Pharisees use to keep up their holier-than-thou facade. If you go and read the entire story, Abraham begs god not to destroy sodom BEFORE the angels arrived. So if we read ch 18-19, we learn that god was already pissed at these godless heathens and he wanted to destroy them. Why was he pissed at them? Because they were wicked. As far as the angels coming is concerned, it pretty clearly states that they ran in to get the only righteous family in that godforsaken town out.

Read it for yourself.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

his is just speculation, but i'd be willing to bet money on it.

That would be because of population density. The average would be the same if that's taken into account.

Is homosexuality a form of popular control? Well a few studies have shown that homosexuality does increase as the population of any given species that exhibit does, but that could be again, proportional to the amount of whatever species is in the area.

Considering I don't think Nature knows how many humans are on the planet at any given time, I can't imagine it pre-selecting folk to be gay.

~Tenth

I'm not talking about globally...more like city by city. It's the people living and competing around you. Maybe its too many human magnetic fields in the same area. With the larger the population center the larger the percentages of gay births. With the rural areas having a lower rate. like say one in a hundred in the country and one in fifty in the city?

Also, if were saying it happens before birth. It would matter more where you were born then where you came out of the closet or live as an adult.
edit on 19-7-2013 by artemisminion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by scolai

Hello. I am gay and I completely agree with you on the population control thing. I have always felt that population density is a huge contributing factor to homosexuality. In a high-density area, the level may rise between 10-20% ... but in more rural towns, there's usually one or two (admittedly) gay people per town.

That being said, the whole Sodom and Gomorrah thing is misinterpreted, taken out of context, and bastardized.

It never once says in the bible that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality (neither directly nor indirectly). This is just a petty detail that modern-day Pharisees use to keep up their holier-than-thou facade. If you go and read the entire story, Abraham begs god not to destroy sodom BEFORE the angels arrived. So if we read ch 18-19, we learn that god was already pissed at these godless heathens and he wanted to destroy them. Why was he pissed at them? Because they were wicked. As far as the angels coming is concerned, it pretty clearly states that they ran in to get the only righteous family in that godforsaken town out.

Read it for yourself.

The sodom and gomorah thing is just a hashtag lol. Not the basis for the theory. I'm an evolution guy myself.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I don't think you understand.

The percentage of people with any given characteristic is determined by population.

If 1000 people live in one city, and 100 of them are gay, that's 10%.

If 100000 people livei in a city, and 10000 of them are gay, that's still 10%.

Sure, there are MORE of them, but in comparison to the overall population, they are not.

*there is no actual proof that urban areas have any higher percentage of gay people, per capita then rural areas.*

Now this doesn't meant that some kids don't go through the 'bisexual' fad, where they claim to have homosexual tendencies, but really, they are just horny teenagers.

That could account for the increase in urban areas as they are more likely to find suitable partners to experiment with.

~Tenth
edit on 7/19/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well, youve not offended me, but you may have those whom claim that distinction. Perhaps they may take offense because to them....they consider themselves normal...whereas you seek to distinguish it as something other than what it is to them.

As such, I do think there rings a bit of insensitivity in your "gay THEORY"...followed by double exclamation points. I may be wrong though.....but I think I am not.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If men and women start eating the wrong food chemistry it will effect their hormones, and possibly the next generations sexual preference. I'm sure there was never any testing done on how food additives or pesticides and antibiotics or medications would effect the sexual preference of your offspring. The test was if you ate it at moderate levels for a week, and didn't croak it was nontoxic. If it made you just a little sick it was still GRAS

The same thing may have happened in Sodom. I doubt if god destroyed these people though. I think some people with gunpowder did. But by all means find a way for god to take credit for it, after all god controls animals and we are technically animals.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I don't think you understand.

The percentage of people with any given characteristic is determined by population.

If 1000 people live in one city, and 100 of them are gay, that's 10%.

If 100000 people livei in a city, and 10000 of them are gay, that's still 10%.

Sure, there are MORE of them, but in comparison to the overall population, they are not.

*there is no actual proof that urban areas have any higher percentage of gay people, per capita then rural areas.*

Now this doesn't meant that some kids don't go through the 'bisexual' fad, where they claim to have homosexual tendencies, but really, they are just horny teenagers.

That could account for the increase in urban areas as they are more likely to find suitable partners to experiment with.

~Tenth
edit on 7/19/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Obviously.....I'm assuming that there is still an increase in urban areas with consideration to population. No i haven't actually looked up the per capita stats... just making a guess.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
You weren't offensive at all. The Sodom and Gomorrah thing though was more about selfishness. Not about homosexuality.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The story of Sodom and Gohmora has less to do with homosexuality than most people realize. It has more to do with a city full of jerks.

If homosexuality is a form a population control, it's probably one reason why God doesn't like it. God calls us to be fruitful and multiply. There was no need for any population control back when the OT was written. In fact the opposite. God was trying to make an army/kingdom out of the Israelite people. He wanted more of them, not less of them.

But your statement goes to the general theory of homosexual being natural and the different way people try to argue it. Like being gay is natural, it's a form of population control!. Being gay is natural, certain animals portray homosexual traits! Yada yada, and all the different ways people argue that.

But the problem is our modern day definition of natural. In this day and age natural means anything that takes place in the natural world. Well, since we only live in the natural world and not the supernatural word, that makes EVERYTHING natural. Nothing is unnatural.

Therefore the argument of if something is natural or not can't be used to morally justify it. It becomes a meaningless argument. According to that argument murder should be allowed, it's completely natural. Animals in the wild do it right? Monkeys throw feces at each other. That's natural right? But that doesn't mean it's proper behavior for humans.

So, in other words homosexuality may be a natural form of birth control, but that doesn't mean it's what God wanted for the Israelite people. He made all kinds of demands of them that had nothing to do with what's natural or even morally right or wrong.

A lot of people get confused with sin=morally wrong. But that's a horrible definition. Something that's a sin isn't always morally wrong. A sin is anything that separates you from God. Most of the time they are morally wrong, but not always.

Like when God asked the Israelites to not eat pork, even though the Gentiles COULD eat pork and still get into Heaven. Or when God asked the Israelites not to wear clothes made of two different fabrics even though the Gentiles could wear them.

There was nothing morally wrong with eating pork or wearing clothes made of two different fabrics and doing either wouldn't keep you out of Heaven. However, God wanted the Israelites to be a special people and separate themselves from how the rest of the world did things. Because you can't be special if you're exactly like everyone else.

God simply wants us to forsake the world to draw closer to him. A sin is anything that gets in the way of that. Homosexuality you will find naturally gets in the way of that and tends to draw one deeper into the world.

In certain types of homosexual relationships there's nothing really morally wrong. But let's look at heterosexual relationships for a second. There's nothing really morally wrong with having consensual one night stands night after night. But if you do, you may very well end up focusing on where your next lay is gonna come from instead of focusing your thoughts towards God where they belong. It gets in the way, and that's the problem. STDs, and broken families without fathers can also get in the way. That's one reason why God wants us to be married if we're having sex. A church going family is going to have a closer relationship with God.

Homosexuality is the same way. I know homosexuals and you'll find many of them have a straight up disdain for God because God desires them to give up a part of their life. If you hate God that definitely would get in the way of having a relationship with him.

And some that don't hate God are many times too ashamed to walk in a church and the guilt they feel totally separated from God and spiritually lonely.

Everyone that wants to have a relationship with God is usually a "sinner". They're usually doing SOMETHING that gets in the way. Everyone has to give up the stuff that gets in the way of having a relationship with the divine or you can't have a relationship with the divine. You'll always find yourself off doing your thing instead of being in church, reading the Bible, or spreading the Gospel.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

male children that there is little doubt they will be gay as adults. These kids are only 5 and 7 now and both have "normal" (lol) heterosexual parents.

When I was a kid/teenager, I hated all what other guys in school did, such as sports, soccer in particular.
When I was a teenager, I mostly hung out with guys. In the late 80s there was this craze where we all dressed up "nicely", so I took a keen eye on my clothes.
I didn't have a girlfriend for MANY, MANY years.

I have seen it multiple times that strangers assumed I am gay, up to and including (lol) one guy chasing me in a club's bathroom wanting to "hook up" with me. I even once overheard my parents worrying about me not having a GF in my teens and asking whether I might possibly be gay. (Not that it would have mattered since I was brought up in a very progressive family where "being gay" likely wouldn't have been a problem)

Anyway..to make the story short, besides of my "gay appearance" as a kid, not liking sports or do other "manly" things I turned out very, very straight.

I fear that when you say you are convinced that the boys "will turn out gay" you are doing nothing than giving in the stupid stereotypes society has today.

It's actually people like you who have fix stereotypes what is "normal" which is the actual problem, NOT the fact that some people have a different sexual preference.
edit on 19-7-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I think homosexuality is simply caused by genetics. the simple reasons there are more gays in urban areas ( and you are probably referring to gay men) are more career and social opportunities in urban area, so gay men transfer their lives to urban areas, and in turn, attract more gay men to urban areas.
I wrote in the previous paragraph, that you are probably referring to gay men in urban areas because gay women can probably have their homosexual secret lives unnoticed by small town folk. who in the small town would talk about two women sharing housing ? that goes as much for those two elderly ladies who have shared housing for twenty years, or the two middle-aged women who have lived together for ten years .
I do think it is better for a society to openly accept homosexuality, so that gay men and women are not forced into marriage and in turn procreating ( the proper order for having a family), to have a career, or to be socially accepted. that, in turn, can have a population reduction, which of course is better for this over populated planet.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Except we have no idea if there is a God and if there is one how could we ever assume his true meaning got handed down. This was about reality and science. Not our pick and choose form of christianity.

The reason i referenced S and G was just to say. That as soon as we started building cities maybe that's when gay people started popping up..... at least in significant numbers.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
My gay theory is:

Some people are gay and that is their choice. It's OK. I don't need to understand it, analyze it, justify it, rationalize it or quantify it. I merely need to accept and respect it.

In return all I ask is that they never judge me for not being gay.
edit on 7/20/13 by Hefficide because: meh

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Gays: natures Superhero, reducing the population little by little

i don't know why i was born Gay, only that i never selected to be Gay, though i am not ashamed of it, and never will be

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join