It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkey

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
I would really like to see people contributing to the "positive" primate part of the topic which has made this thread finally quite enjoyable to read.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 20-7-2013 by Rodinus because: word removed

edit on 20-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap grammar

Agreed. Primates have a way of bringing out the best in the more "civilized" species don't they?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I have to agree...

In fact, let something even more wonderful come out of this thread - and lets finally get our ''Pets and Animals'' forum! This thread alone more than proves the need for it! Come on ATS owners.. Please? Pretty please?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

I agree we need that forum.

Anyone seen Oliver? the Humanzee?

Poor life Oliver had, exploited because he is different.
Very interesting though shows how evolution happens through genetic mutations.
edit on 20-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Which species have you worked with Paradise? would love to hear more

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

They do indeed Taupin... they do indeed!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Someone actually wrote a thread a while back about Oliver here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Makes for interesting reading

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

God yes, I remember reading about Oliver years ago! Thanks for the link, going to watch part 2 now...

Very odd and I have to wonder if he was actually the result of human/chimp breeding

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Watch the rest of it and your question will be answered....A very taboo subject isn't it? A Tiger and a lion can produce offspring so could a Human and a chimp?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hmm,you all are in this thread like described here,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll teach you to behave.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I had no idea of your primate backround Rod, this thread has been eye-opening in so many ways! When you mentioned last night about the ape who looked into your eyes and you felt he was looking into your soul, I was actually in tears...

Me, I just volunteered every weekend at a local primate sanctuary, done it for about 18 months... It was hard work but extremely rewarding! It made me unhappy though, I used to come away every week feeling depressed seeing these beautiful animals caged up and thinking what sad lives they'd had...

Oh we had all sorts! Lots of chimps, spider monkeys, gibbons, lemurs, capuchins, marmosets... My favourite was a black spider monkey named Jonny, we had a special rapport me and Jonny
He used to get so excited seeing me arriving in the mornings! And I will never forget the noise made by the lemurs, that ''woop, woop''... You could hear it echoing all down the valley, incredible!

In fact, here's a link to the sanctuary, some sad but interesting reading on there

www.ape-monkey-rescue.org.uk...

edit on 20-7-2013 by paradisepurple because: bad link

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I commend you for doing volunteer work helping our primate pals

I wish I lived near so I could do the same...heck I would just live in the place

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradisepurple
reply to post by Rodinus

I had no idea of your primate backround Rod, this thread has been eye-opening in so many ways! When you mentioned last night about the ape who looked into your eyes and you felt he was looking into your soul, I was actually in tears...

Me, I just volunteered every weekend at a local primate sanctuary, done it for about 18 months... It was hard work but extremely rewarding! It made me unhappy though, I used to come away every week feeling depressed seeing these beautiful animals caged up and thinking what sad lives they'd had...

Oh we had all sorts! Lots of chimps, spider monkeys, gibbons, lemurs, capuchins, marmosets... My favourite was a black spider monkey named Jonny, we had a special rapport me and Jonny
He used to get so excited seeing me arriving in the mornings! And I will never forget the noise made by the lemurs, that ''woop, woop''... You could hear it echoing all down the valley, incredible!

In fact, here's a link to the sanctuary, some sad but interesting reading on there

edit on 20-7-2013 by paradisepurple because: bad link

Oops, sorry about that, had an issue with an annoying fly for a moment

May i be the second person in raising my hat to you...

I know lemurs quite well too, worked with ring tailed lemurs for a couple of months and still bare a scar on my left ankle to this very day

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Oh dear

Offered the hand of friendship Here

Pieq

Good luck with your life

Consider me out of it

Shame, it could have been fun

What a strange choice to make

How many people will be at your funeral ?

Think about that

Sorry but I have to cut the trash loose

*Dumps trash*

Notice I didn't even bother signing this

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

*looks in coffee cup and smiles*
I shall do that my friend.

But we all must be very carefull of soul and mind attackers zombies.

If one will point out a finger on you just because he want so,the herd will follow without even thinking.

But no worries, I know what I am dealing with.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Just read about your new arrival Sinbad the stowaway monkey

Great to know the ships crew enjoyed his company and treated him well on his voyage.
Good luck Sinbad hope you get used to our weather

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I'm sure Sinbad is going to love his new home! Ah reading that, you'll see they mention Julie, a snow monkey, she actually arrived when I was volunteering there. This little girl actually broke my heart. She was absolutely terrified of women. She would turn her back on you and would refuse to make any eye contact whatsoever. Not men, just women. I so wanted her to trust me but I never did get around her

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Come and visit! There's lots to do in the area and it's not that far from you... You went camping in the Black Mountains once didn't you (the werewolf experience I read about!).

Actually, come soon because for once it's not raining

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I start a new job soon so I may not be able to get down for a few months but you know what I will

I don't mind camping in the cold, I actually prefer it (less bugs) so I will PM you for sure when I can get down.
Cheers

Just read about follow a keeper around for a day for 100 quid
I will do that

Oh and Snow Monkeys like the Japanese macaque? like this fella?

edit on 20-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Please do! And I highly recommend the Keeper for a Day - they get the really nice, hands on jobs to do! Instead of running around with wheelbarrows full of monkey poo like I had to do

Yeah, that's like Julie.. she wasn't so fluffy though... And she had incredibly sad eyes... You know, I think I may go visit tomorrow, it's been a while...
edit on 20-7-2013 by paradisepurple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Hey, boymonkey, after watching part 1 of Oliver, I clicked on one of the vid suggestions that came on the youtube screen and watched the "Humanzee" show from Monster Quest.

Did you know about Zena, and Stalin's plan to create hybrids for an army???

Fascinating.
Weird, and troubling, too.
My favorite line was when the Florida zoo guy said, if we had them, because chimps are so unpredictable, they'd be impossible. "How would you order them about? They'd rip your arm off!"

There was a segment about bonobos, too - wow, now, THOSE are amazingly 'like us.'

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join