It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the good suffer, and I succeed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando
Here's why:
study-shows-rich-are-more-unethical- and-less-generous-percentage-wise-but-why/

There's another study that shows that those at the top, richest, CEOs, leaders of Gov have a high percentage of psychopathy and narcissism

That's why.

The good are more content, happy, would rather share, have empathy and intuition, appreciate the small things, and would rather contribute by helping others or giving back to the whole in some way

Your mother was spiritually mature and understood reaching others in the pits of hell and that one of the highest virtues is to be selfish. Death is inevitable for everyone, but after that we continue on. Just cause you saw her suffer the last 6 months doesn't mean there is no God. Death comes in all sorts of ways, quick, slow, gruesome, graceful.......its how your own mind projects labels as to what it is.

edit on 19-7-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This all depends on how you measure success.

Your mother didn't have much, but was most like a very happy woman.

You have "everything", and don't seem very happy.

But I've gotta believe that people are more than the biggest mistakes that they've made. If you're asking yourself this question, there is good in you.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Let's face it, everyone is full of good and evil. Just because you have done some bad things doesn't make you a definitively or wholly bad person. Just because other people seem to do the right things in life doesn't make them exceptional human beings in some ultimate sense. You will never have the all-encompassing perspective required to make these judgments. It's is actually a symptom of unchecked egoism that you think you could in the first place. Even then, that is only a minor fault.

You sound like a strong person that knows himself. If you want to meet a truly bad person that deserves to suffer try visiting serial killers, mass murderers, and the criminally insane inside maximum security prisons around the world. That might change your perspective of yourself.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

everything in life has a reason for happening. Call it fate, God's will, dumb luck, whatever, but it's all a lesson built just for you. Your life and the things that make it what it is, are what mold you into the person you are. If you mom was something else, maybe you wouldn't be doing the soul searching you are right now. But she was that person, she did make that much of a positive impact on you and you are in a sense becoming a different person. I am not preachy and cannot stand religion, but if you decide to talk to God, he will listen. When you are ready.

I am sorry for your loss and especially sorry for the suffering she, and your family must have gone through.

For what it's worth, family is the most important thing in life, money is nice, but family is EVERYTHING. Enjoy yours and teach them the good things. Protect them from the bad things. And smile.

(All IMHO)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The definition of cheating is to act in some way that could be considered to be immoral to gain an "advantage". The reason cheaters and those that commit immoral acts normally get ahead while those that do altruist things stay behind is because the former is a far more advantageous way of getting through life. It really has little to do with even morality but rather a larger focus on the self as opposed to unfounded altruism toward others.

For example, a selfish person will only help people who prove they will in some way reciprocate that help in the future. A person who bases their life on unfounded altruism might hand twenties to drug addicted hobos even though that hobo may just turn around and buy more drugs. The "good" person just wasted 20 they could have placed into a savings for themselves. The selfish person may lend twenty to their neighbor that consistently lends them power tools because it is advantageous to stay on good terms with that neighbor.

There are definitely extreme cases of both the "good" people and the "bad" and people everywhere in between that are a mix of both. It really just comes down to the actions taken and who and what you invest your energy in that gets you ahead in life.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm not a good person. I've cheated, lied, been unfaithful. I've killed (for my country, but let's keep it real, I pulled the trigger).

And yet, after all of this, I'm rewarded with huge financial and business success; I have a wife I don't deserve, and a perfect, gorgeous baby girl. I've got it all.

The world doesn't bend to man.

Your mother sought and desired spreading the word of God, and she got to fulfill that desire. You sought cheating, lying and killing, and you got to fulfill that desire.

When people expect a return for their actions, maybe some divine reward or punishment, the world doesn't follow through as expected, showing that it isn't the world that is backwards, but their conception of it—always, 100% of the time.

Fortune favours nothing.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I have asked myself the same question many times...

I am an exageratedly good person blessed with talents enough to make 95% of the population be jealous. I look good, I'm in shape, smart, gifted, name it, etc.

By default, "God" gave me everything that anyone could ever need mentaly, physically and spiritually to succeed in life.

Yet, barely nothing good ever happens to me. I fail at everything I try even tough I am doing almost everything right, intelligently planned and with dignity.

I'll tell you why...
This earth, this hell is the devil's domain. Satan is leader of this world and this world only.
There is no other explanation because I too see evil succeed constantly while it doesn't "deserve" it.

That's the clearest explanation I can come up with and sadly, I'm probably right.
edit on 19-7-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You only answer to your own spirit which is essentially the innocent child that lives within every adult.

From your post, it seems your spirit is alive and aware of human justice and injustice so as long as you are alive, you will have more time to reconcile past actions with your spirit. If you want a recharge, spend more time with children.

At the moment of death, whenever that is, you will know if you've truly succeeded in life or not.

I might be full of feces but this approach keeps me calm and focused most of the time.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
I want to be honest.

I'm not a good person. I've cheated, lied, been unfaithful. I've killed (for my country, but let's keep it real, I pulled the trigger).

And yet, after all of this, I'm rewarded with huge financial and business success; I have a wife I don't deserve, and a perfect, gorgeous baby girl. I've got it all.

On the flip side, my mother; the light of my life. Devoted her life to spreading the word of God; she spent years working in orphanages in the darkest reaches of the world. She gave tirelessly of herself, and not a person who met her wasn't changed in some way for the good.

What's her reward? Brain cancer. What followed was 6 of the most horrible months of my life. She spent the whole time in the hospice bed ridden, in pain, and ever so slowly lost her body, mind and spirit.

The last 24 hours she lay there gasping for breath, until she suffocated to death with me by her side.

How does this make sense? I've never really believed in a God or a higher power, and this only furthers my opinion.

Good people suffer, while those of us with darkness inside of us flourish.

I just don't get it.

good people dont suffer. they are tested.. there's a difference.

this matter based reality is satan's realm. thus, if u do satanly things u will get satanly rewards (material). it is simple. but note that all the gifts of satan are temporary. you may have a good life in the material life, but u will be spiritually bankrupt in the next one. while ur mother will have eternal life and the treasures of heaven.

this is also why good ppl die young. God recognizes that they already will pass the test and takes them away from this world of torment. it is a gift! Death is not a bad thing if your soul is preserved. it's only bad when u enter a black abyss after death and can feel nothing to even determine if u still exist.

if ur attempting to link the life you lived to some form of blessing received, because of material reward it shows ur lack of understanding value. u understand cost. but werent u tormented by your mother's death and pain. was that also a blessing? does your wife cheat on you? what about ur kids, are they honest with you? u dont have to answer these questions. but birds of a feather flock together, so if u live a life of deception u know that all around u are also deceptive ppl. wouldnt u agree?

dont try to rationalize this stuff. if u told me youve been a murderous lying backstabbing cheat who attained samadhi/nirvana.. let's just say id be extremely surprised.

ill tell u this.. i try to do the right thing as much as possible and have never had the need to kill anyone not even in self defense. but i dont in any way suffer. i used to.. then i passed the test and now.. everything just comes to me. i work when i want. wake up whatever time i want take holidays without announcement i do what i want and goodness and mercy follows me always. i got nice car.. for free! i have everything i need and the best of it too. i get alot of stuff free. it just comes to me, ppl give it to me whatever i need someone just walks into my life and gives it. and all i do is spread the good word of God and strive for righteousness. further more i have no fear of death. i am fine with meeting death on this realm because this realm no longer has dominion over me. im sure u dont understand what that means. but it's ok, we will all know the truth in death.
edit on 19-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There is no GOOD and no EVIL. There also is no Good Luck or Bad Luck, Ill fates or Not. Everything happens for many reasons and to try to figure all of them out is a task of endless lifetimes.

There is only the actions and thoughts that have chain reactions that are not very beneficial to the people involved or pending the term we were using it does benefit the people involved.

It's all relative and really important too all around at the same time, as the actions you have today could have both outcomes in the near future, present and distant future in ways we have yet to ever know about really. The butterfly effect comes to mind to me honestly.

We are who we are from what we have experienced and who we have listened too. We will be who we work hard to be after we see who we are, giving us no excuse to ever not change ourselves for the better.

You have only succeeded in the material world, the world that religious teachers preach about not having too much reliance on since it doesn't transcend. So why not focus on actions and efforts that do, like that of being kind to all things living, since it's our souls that are endless.

You are you, and if you can even question that much, there is always time to make life better and not just you.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I want to be honest.

On the flip side, my mother; the light of my life. Devoted her life to spreading the word of God; she spent years working in orphanages in the darkest reaches of the world. She gave tirelessly of herself, and not a person who met her wasn't changed in some way for the good.

What's her reward? Brain cancer. What followed was 6 of the most horrible months of my life. She spent the whole time in the hospice bed ridden, in pain, and ever so slowly lost her body, mind and spirit.

The last 24 hours she lay there gasping for breath, until she suffocated to death with me by her side.

How does this make sense? I've never really believed in a God or a higher power, and this only furthers my opinion.

Good people suffer, while those of us with darkness inside of us flourish.

I just don't get it.

Matthew 5:45 ►
New International Version (©2011) - that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

New Living Translation (©2007) - In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.

Your mother was/is a role model for all humans.

God bless your mother. I am sorry for your great loss.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

I have asked myself the same question many times...

I am an exageratedly good person blessed with talents enough to make 95% of the population be jealous. I look good, I'm in shape, smart, gifted, name it, etc.

By default, "God" gave me everything that anyone could ever need mentaly, physically and spiritually to succeed in life.

Yet, barely nothing good ever happens to me. I fail at everything I try even tough I am doing almost everything right, intelligently planned and with dignity.

I'll tell you why...
This earth, this hell is the devil's domain. Satan is leader of this world and this world only.
There is no other explanation because I too see evil succeed constantly while it doesn't "deserve" it.

That's the clearest explanation I can come up with and sadly, I'm probably right.
edit on 19-7-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

You wanna know when I started seeing success in my life? When I let go and surrendered, not caring nor clinging.........not depending on outcomes.

I did "my thing" with,surrender and letting go, and surprisingly,that's when others came to me and success followed

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss ExCommando. The loss of a mother is one of the greatest losses that we face and nothing can fill the void that remains behind.

You say that you are filled with darkness, I say that you are not. If your soul was filled with darkness then you would have walked away from your mothers suffering so as to save yourself from facing that pain, but you didn't you stayed by her side and lent her your strength through your presence right up to the end. That takes courage and love and where there is love no darkness can remain. The fact that you find the manner of your mothers passing so unjust also displays the love and fondness you have for your mother. All of us here on Earth are capable of good and evil and it is up to us how we act towards others. There is an old saying, one I am sure your mother would know well.... Let him that is without sin cast the first stone..... We have all said and done things in our lives that we are not proud of, some more so than others. Some people are richer than others but then that also gives them the opportunity to help those less fortunate, however the decision is up to them.

I am not a rich person, but I have a roof over my head and food to eat so to a starving and homeless person I am rich, But to some I am worse than the crap on the streets as I don't have the latest designer shoes or handbags, I don't drive a car or go abroad on holiday, I don't have a posh house, I rent an old house but it's what I can afford on my wages. Possessions mean nothing at the end of the day, It doesn't matter how much you think you own as you own NOTHING. When you die it all gets left behind, every bit of it, It's not yours, you pay so much for possessions that you borrow for your time here and when you go someone else gets it, All you have is yourself and what you have done with your life, good or bad, you decide.

Your mum already knew this,she tried to make others lives good and in turn it made her feel good about herself, it has a habit of doing that to you when you help others. Your mum would never say that you were filled with darkness because she saw the light within you and so can others

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
You've lied, cheated, killed and been unfaithful to your angel.

You'll have to live with those things, and if you have a conscience, you should find them hard to come to terms with.

You haven't flourished.

You have been given a beautiful flower, only to stomp it into the ground.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

We are all a work in progress. One day he will also shine.

OP Sometimes suffering is a part of growing. Be happy that you have it easy. In this life I have not been a happy camper and will never look back in joy of what I have been thru but it have been efficient to evolve me and I would not trade my place for anyone on this planet right now.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I hear ya'. I've wondered about that kind of thing a lot. Prayerful people who try hard to do what is right .... suffer horribly. But then people like Charlie Sheen engage in all sorts of bad things and abuse their bodies .. but they prosper and thrive. I don't get it ...

Please do not judge him. That guy has so many issues and is in his own way very disconnected with life here. His acting out is a sign that every thing in his life is screwed up and that he has no control over it at all. If there is one guy that could use a year or two in a buddhist monastery without pressure to perform and look within then it is him.

He is the moneymaker just like Britney was and are surrounded by people who want to make money even if the moneymaker is in mental pain and needs a break.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

I do believe God takes the best and we cannot understand it. We don't deserve them and they go home sooner. I truly do believe that. I am sorry for your loss. I know your mother has never left your side, and knows your heart and is praying for you. I do hope you find what you are looking for.

Another person who seem to have the same thoughts:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by CitizenJack

It's definitely changed my perspective on a lot of things.

I've sold my business, and we are moving overseas for a few years as a family to enjoy the simpler things in life.

I finally understand that money and success breeds an innate greed which then wants more, and more, and more; you're never satisfied with your lot, and you start to covet even more.

Guess that's what life is all about, experiences. What we chose to do with those experiences then defines us, and if we're wise enough, we can learn, embrace, and grow into better people.

The sins are always going to be there; I don't believe in atonement. But I think I can make amends in some shape or form.

MILLIONAIRES want to be ten millionaires,then 100 millionaires then billionaires and then billionaires what to be 10 billionaires 100 billionaires and then to be trillionaires...

Some people just have unending greed.

I mean you can only live in one house at a time drive one car at a time,eat so much in a day...

Well look at Steve Jobs not the most pleasant person but again not the most unpleasant person either

He had $9000 million in the bank and cancer got him.

Richest man in the cemetery.

To the end you could remain a humanist, a preacher of doubt and moderation, of reasonable kindness without mandatory compassion, of self-restraint without self-punishment, of minimizing the inevitable sufferings we all cause each other in order to survive.
To remain a miraculous giant of mind and spirit, an enviable example of graceful, endlessly forgiving genius who illuminated the dusk with a smile of reason.

edit on 19-7-2013 by beckybecky because: Sorrow

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foobler

It' simple. The "good" worry themselves with the thought of "why does god let things happen?" while the "bad" move on in life with "god simply lets things happen".

It's sort of like National Geographic documenting animals and not intervening. God does Spiritual Universal and he doesn't intervene because of free will.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Foobler because: (no reason given)

That is not true. God intervene but very gently and only when it is wanted and needed. The teacher knows when the student is ready.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
We are all simply here for the experience...

I expect that our extreme experiences in life are the ones that we will prize the most, whether
they are good or bad.

Life is a vacation from eternity

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I hear ya'. I've wondered about that kind of thing a lot. Prayerful people who try hard to do what is right .... suffer horribly. But then people like Charlie Sheen engage in all sorts of bad things and abuse their bodies .. but they prosper and thrive. I don't get it ...

Perhaps exploring one's own body and feelings (and who knows, maybe even the bodies of others
) isn't as horribly evil as you make it out to be. To be honest. that sounds like a very backwards, religiously inspired view. God made our bodies, and made sex-- so how is that bad?

I can't really address the other element too in-depth. Suffice it to say that some scholars have put forth the notion that the anointing oil written about in the bible, the one that christ was anointed with, had psychoactive properties.

Back to sheen-- as far as I know, he's never murdered anyone. Maybe he lies-- who knows... everyone does to a degree. But being wealthy he probably doesn't have to cheat or steal (unless by "cheat" you mean in a sense of fidelity.)

But I strongly disagree with the notion that exploring the vessel god gave us is somehow wrong. I think that view is harmful society, and is mostly a product of later "christianity" and islam.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join