It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron is Fracking Sick!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Not going for fracking would set the country back behind the rest of the world, who are embracing the technology. There are still some risks, but it seems the main problems (contamination, earthquakes etc) have come from poor quality control. The states in the USA that utilise hydraulic fracturing have all seen massive improvements in their employment levels and the most powerful reports of problems have come from Gaslands which has been shown to be highly suspect.

I'm not a fan of the current government, and I agree they're likely to be seeing how much profit they can possibly make out of this (but then people would vote for the party dominated by MP's from financial backgrounds), but they'll be doing that no matter what new incentives they fund.

Plus it seems a little hypocritical to lambast a previous government for ending coal mining and then criticizing the current government for giving the go-ahead on a cleaner modern alternative.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by twfau

Cleaner modern alternatives! You are joking, aren't you?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Typical of the contempt and disregard The Tories have for the North East.

www.bbc.co.uk...

And this sort of attitude will become even more prevalent if Scotland votes for independence next year and thus consign England to an almost guaranteed permanent Tory government.

Perhaps we should give consideration to asking Scotland if we can join them?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

My mouth was literally hanging open watching that. It's the contempt they have for the north on full display. It was George Osbournes father in law making the statement. What a farce
edit on 30-7-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Hard to get more returns and more investors when your rigs bleed oil into public neighbourhoods.

So you think it's just about bleeding oil do you?
Try methane contamination for starters. Plus it is already acknowledged that fracking was the cause of an earthquake near Blackpool.
But I take it you won't be bothered if they come to pulverise the land near your home?
Here are the dangers in Janet and John language
Enjoy
www.dangersoffracking.com...

I was in Cleveleys at the time of these so called "earthquakes" and didn't even notice them. Ever been to Santa Pod? These earthquakes measured lower on the Richter Scale than a Top Fuel race does!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LFN69
What the hell is wrong with people?
You dont want nuclear power, no fragging, no incinerators no wind turbines "on moi land" and yet the population of our country grows at a staggering rate.
We dont have enough housing, we have yearly water shortages ( so it seems) crop failures ( weather innit) high unemployment and our kids have a bleak future.
Through all of that we are supposed to find a suitable, ethical energy source that will not only power our nation into our next generation of citizens but the generation after that etc, etc.
What do people suggest we do? Fart into containers and donate them to our local power stations?
Wind turbines, using the sea/water as energy is utter bunk. We cannot BUILD enough to provide the energy for a nation of 60m , if not in the future, a 100 + million citizens.
You dont like the future plans for finding energy? Dont have children, do your bit to keep the population down because that, Im afraid, is the harsh reality. Our population is unsustainable but peoploe assume that it is their RIGHT to have children then whinge about the legacy we are going to be leaving them. Utter #e.
Fracking may well not be the answer, however, our water supplies are drawn from different levels to where the fracking will take place ( unlike America) and this country has Earth tremors on a daily basis. Whether it will increase such tremors to any significant or noticeable degree is pure speculation NOBODY KNOWS!!!!!
My neighbour works offshore on Wind turbines. He is as happy as Larry a whole industry built on a fat lie that has created his and tens of thousands of jobs and a multi million, if not billion pound a year turn over. Do you not think that fat cats have not got rich on that? Does nobody think that these huge companies didnt get tax breaks to set these turbines up? How naive are people?!
For christ sakes, wake up!!
edit on 19-7-2013 by LFN69 because: x

Very true words, there.

We need nuclear, but it takes time to build nuclear power stations. Tidal power too has promise, as it's completely predictable. Wind power is just a joke, although if they could just install a few hundred more turbines in the Irish Sea then maybe it might slow the wind down a bit so I can fly my models more often? Ta.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join