It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron is Fracking Sick!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I have read various articles, both for and against. At best, the science on either side is rather flaky at the moment hence me saying above that this needs to be properly looked at - and there is no reason not to throw the necessary investment at it if it is going to be the next new energy source.

However, from the data gained so far, we can see that when properly carried out fracking doesn't appear to be a threat. As this industry will be worth trillions, it is definitely worth throwing millions on investigations into long term affects, etc.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The New Scientist article is called, 'Methane mining could trigger killer gas cloud.'

Again, it is theoretical risk and nothing like this has occurred so far....so don't panic. But it appears a rather 'odd' thing to do as it appears so 'uncontrolled' and the possible opening or cracking in other parts of ground a touch concerning.

Don't panic Mr Mannering.....

edit on 19-7-2013 by Elliot because: bit more

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

You are quite right! It does need furthur investigation and rapidly.
Already areas of outstanding national beauty in the Uk are being targeted by the 'get rich quick' crowd with no obligation that I'm aware of that they are responsible for any kind of compensation for damage IF any should occur.

I don't know if anyone remembers the 'hot rock energy' company that was operating in Switzerland. They caused some minor earthquakes and were fined millions of dollars.

Now if we knew that should any thing dire occured all the company bosses who owned these fracking companies would be liable and criminally prosecuted then perhaps there would be less worry about this.

But, the crazy rush is very suspicious.....especially on a conspiracy site!!

:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by ObservingYou

It's a bit ironic that you codemn the development of the shale oil industry while you are in fact part of the demand that requires it.

It would be nice to fill the tank of your automobiles with dreams and fairies, but at the end of the day, Britian and the majority of the planet currently rely on fossil fuels for their energy demands.

Ironic? I'm personally not part of the demand - nor do I intend to be.

In regards to the comment (by someone) about us not being able to afford to import/export - maybe if we re-gained control the 30 (or so) TRILLION from our 'Defence' systems we could invest that in sustainable energy?

I think Tesla got his inventions up and running on a few HUNDRED pounds - let alone more than I can count.

In regards to the members here that are accepting, defending and reasoning this fracking - well done - you are officially welcoming and inviting the New World Order interests.

In regards to Russia - they DO have there own sources of energy - HOWEVER - I did hear Putin CONDEMN Shale BECAUSE the environmental issues - so AT LEAST that's what they are OUTWARDLY telling the world.

I don't care if their motives are a 'white lie' because this 'white lie' is totally agreeable.
edit on 19-7-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

That Hot Rock company was bloody useless really. If you think about it logically, they were copying what they already do in Iceland (with no negative side effects) - a nation that is basically a Geologists wet dream come true. In Iceland, no problems and yet somehow in Switzerland it is a problem! Dodgy company.

Regarding the mining industry, Fracking companies are all above ground, so no problem. However, as miner, you do not want to be in any tunnels where the rock may start fracturing! You can guarantee though that if they found a way to make it "miner friendly", they would be all over it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

30 or so trillion on defence? In Britain? I think you are a bit confused there, sorry. That is about 30 times our GDP!

So then let me get this straight, because i do not necessarily agree that fracking is bad, i am a harbringer of the NWO?

Really? Is that the level this discussion is sinking to?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Ironic? I'm personally not part of the demand - nor do I intend to be.

You do realize that the very electronic device you are using to condemn oil is composed of material derived from it right?

Oil goes into such a variety of products beyond gasoline, or petrol for my English friends
It is used in the vary plastics, furniture, machinery and so much more.

You have been filling big oil companies pockets with your money since you were old enough to have a bank account of your own.

In regards to the comment (by someone) about us not being able to afford to import/export - maybe if we re-gained control the 30 (or so) TRILLION from our 'Defence' systems we could invest that in sustainable energy?

That is gross over estimation. Unless you are referring to the world as whole, which i still dont think it amounts to that much, the UK military expenditures only amount to approx 60billion, not trillion. The US is the highest at 1.7 trillion.

Sure a lot of problems could be solved if we could reshuffle funding without due consideration...

In regards to the members here that are accepting, defending and reasoning this fracking - well done - you are officially welcoming and inviting the New World Order interests.

Your unfounded conclusions are way of base. Just because I dont agree with your position on fracking does not necessarily mean I am rolling out the red carpet for a NWO. It is quite a fallacious argument to make and you gain nothing by not listening to the other side of the conversation.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I don't know enough about the science to give a really qualified opinion - something I'm going to have to rectify.

But it seems to me that there is enough doubt and uncertainty to warrant serious, in depth and independent research before any fracking is allowed in the UK.

It comes as no surprise that Cameron is offering tax breaks to big business whilst actively targeting the most vulnerable in our society.
The sad thing is that despite the soundbites from the accepted alternatives to Cameron we know that they would do exactly the same as him and put the wishes of big business before the well being and interest's of the people - whatever they may be.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Does anyone in the UK remember that natty little factory on the Isle of Wight that made wind turbines that you put on top of your house and it generated electricity for your home? They shut it down and we have never seen the technology surface ex ept under the ownership of certain parties.

A house near us still has one on their roof which still seems to be working and I wouold love one of those and the independence of the electricikty it would generate.

Many years ago I worked for the CEGB and the government then took a huge amount of money from the power industry and instead of putting it back and developing our industry, it just gave back the minimum it could in order to keep the power on. When our stations and equipment became so run down the industry was sold off and denationalised. Every part of the infrastructure that we pay for our government has bled dry by its 'extra charges' which are basically a hidden tax we all pay.

We have an abundance of wave power and wind here yet no governmental willpower, to finance and develop these free sources of energy.

As a sidenolte, I hope Scotland does get independence and England has to act as the small country it actually is so we can take a back seat in the world and perhaps then, instead of lording it up in the world our government might take an interest in the lives and welfare of the people living on this once fair land. Yes they check financial benefit to the poor but to dewl with our extortionate energy situation would improve the lot of the poor here far more than breadline dosh and give us a chance to forge a better future.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well of course Russia says no to fracking, it has alot of other natural resources that it wants to sell to Europe, the fact is the EU could cut the dependency's and blackmail from Russia by Fracking for its own natural gas resources

The US is leading the fracking revolution the UK is following

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
As a resident of the Fylde Coast I've been trying to get work with Cuadrilla. Fracking is needed to end our reliance upon Russian gas and as an industry in the UK is going to be massive. There is high unemployment here and the jobs created will be most welcome. We already have collapsing mineshafts from the Preesall salt mines, but it's not a big problem.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

If Texas were its own country, it would be in the top 15 of oil producing country's in the world.
All thanks to the Eagle Ford Shale basin

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Hard to get more returns and more investors when your rigs bleed oil into public neighbourhoods.

So you think it's just about bleeding oil do you?
Try methane contamination for starters. Plus it is already acknowledged that fracking was the cause of an earthquake near Blackpool.
But I take it you won't be bothered if they come to pulverise the land near your home?
Here are the dangers in Janet and John language
Enjoy
www.dangersoffracking.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

So you think it's just about bleeding oil do you?

I dont believe I stated my belief was anywhere near that, but nice try to demonize me.

At no point did i mentioned that the ramifications of shale extraction or any industry for that matter, is limited directly to what they extract, harvest, produce or manufacture.

Every industry has bio-products...

So what is your point?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If we pull all the oil and gas out of the earth, will it lower the life expectancy of this planet? Have they ever thought about the long term side effects of their actions? Don't the people living a hundred years from now have rights? We are living for the now and neglecting our children's future. Most of this gas and oil is actually being wasted, it is being wasted on things we really don't need. People can't control themselves, if the gas goes down a nickel they drive more. If the cost of heating goes down they buy more junk, junk which destroys our environment when it is newly made.

I see this all over, even in people I know. They think they are getting a great deal on gas and waste it because it is cheaper. :shk:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I Live in Lancashire near Southport and the underlying material most buildings in the area are built on is a mix of sand and soft alluvial deposits, now we have international company's whom are blasting underground, causing sub strata displacement and this is sure to result in hundreds of billions of pounds worth of damage through subsidence never mind the ecological implications of shale gas extraction under the Irish sea which is what this actually amounts to as the beds of shale they are trying to extract run right under it.
For a prime minister whom is going to retire to France he is certainly showing how patriotic to Britain He really is.
Sorry but we lost our country and government when the corporations took over and until this international organised crime syndicate is smashed, brought down and exposed we are just sheep to them so they do not car about us or our future and what kind of foundation for the future is that.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with people?
You dont want nuclear power, no fragging, no incinerators no wind turbines "on moi land" and yet the population of our country grows at a staggering rate.
We dont have enough housing, we have yearly water shortages ( so it seems) crop failures ( weather innit) high unemployment and our kids have a bleak future.
Through all of that we are supposed to find a suitable, ethical energy source that will not only power our nation into our next generation of citizens but the generation after that etc, etc.
What do people suggest we do? Fart into containers and donate them to our local power stations?
Wind turbines, using the sea/water as energy is utter bunk. We cannot BUILD enough to provide the energy for a nation of 60m , if not in the future, a 100 + million citizens.
You dont like the future plans for finding energy? Dont have children, do your bit to keep the population down because that, Im afraid, is the harsh reality. Our population is unsustainable but peoploe assume that it is their RIGHT to have children then whinge about the legacy we are going to be leaving them. Utter #e.
Fracking may well not be the answer, however, our water supplies are drawn from different levels to where the fracking will take place ( unlike America) and this country has Earth tremors on a daily basis. Whether it will increase such tremors to any significant or noticeable degree is pure speculation NOBODY KNOWS!!!!!
My neighbour works offshore on Wind turbines. He is as happy as Larry a whole industry built on a fat lie that has created his and tens of thousands of jobs and a multi million, if not billion pound a year turn over. Do you not think that fat cats have not got rich on that? Does nobody think that these huge companies didnt get tax breaks to set these turbines up? How naive are people?!
For christ sakes, wake up!!
edit on 19-7-2013 by LFN69 because: x

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just wondering if the fracking companies are American, does anyone know? It seems to me that once again another UK govs. are going to give our resources to the USA only for them to sell it back to us & give them tax breaks too while taxing us silly. As usual.
I think the Blackpool incident wont be isolated & subsidence for those of us that own our homes will be a major problem. I wonder how the UK insurance companies will get out of that one.
Go James go. No sell out.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LFN69

Whether it will increase such tremors to any significant or noticeable degree is pure speculation NOBODY KNOWS!!!!! ...Well I would put it to you sir, if nobody knows what is going to happen then surely to God they should fully investigate all possibilities and the effects of this procedure thoroughly before trying it?

I would watch the documentary 'Gas land' (if you haven't already) to see the effects that fracking has on health and communities, when they set the tap water on fire it was jaw dropping unbelievable. I agree that we need to find a more sustainable fuel resource, but I would like to see a more in depth investigation into the effects before fracking in implemented .

edit on 19-7-2013 by windsorblue because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join