It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL Things Survival: 07/18/2013: Back To Basics and Building a Community

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Thursday, 07/18/2013 at 8:00PM EST

illustrial.net
If Illustrial does not work click:::
ATS Direct

[color=#f9eb03]Or click on the image above

The gathered panel of hosts include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
David Wendell
Ahabstar
Luke
Bear Truth
Michael

[color=#f9df04]This week we are discussing

[color=#F2EC48]WOO HOO

BACK 2 BASICS..

Building a Community And

MORE Best Deals

[color=#0F0BED]Tune in Folks

PLUS.. [color=#0a94ff]Gardening With Laura, [color=#27ff0a]OFF the GRID with Doug, and [color=#07c4fa]Tools With Greg!!

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us a listen while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our Bush Craft On Fire YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. Be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Don't forget to go visit the NEW Bushcraftonfire Website where you can listen to our past shows, take a Survival quiz and much more!!!!

OH YEAH! While you listen, come on the Facebook Page and post your questions, thoughts and comments, or just follow the survival conversation.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

If you have trouble hearing the show on the above links, tune in to the Low Bandwidth here HERE

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hope everyone is managing the heatwave!!!

Round here, it's plenty of cool veg sandwiches... plenty of water, staying inside during the peak heat of the day, and utilizing some very basic tips we use for surviving.. like cool water on pressure points, I like to put my wrists under the faucet for a couple of minutes after coming in out of the heat.. works wonders...

Spritzing water on your exposed skin helps via evaporation, try NOT to chug down Ice cold water, it does feel good for the mouth tongue etc, but it does trigger your body to work on regulating that cold once it hits your gut.. cool water to drink...

Time for another cool, cucumber & tomato sandwich
Stop on by we go LIVE 8PM EST

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've been watching the sky darken, hearing thunder in the distance, now a light gust of wind came up and I can hear rain drops starting to fall. It has been a non-humid 80 F most of the afternoon and now getting a bit chilly. That is normal for this time of day during this time of year here. Wish I could send a little rain your way, sounds like you could use it. It won' t last more than half an hour right now as I hear it coming down harder. More to come this time tomorrow.

I have Pizza dough rising, toppings spiced-up and ready. Will roll out a dough in a few minutes and bake it in time for the show, All Things Survival.

edit on 18-7-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

We have had some scattered thundershowers during the overnight period, nothing substantial enough to really get the overnight low temps under 70F... Looks like we are due for some relief this weekend..

I have tried to corner the reason for this sudden heatwave, and I have narrowed it down to one likely suspect...

It is summer

The pizza sounds delicious!!! Hope it turns out perfectly

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Definitely summertime, hit 100 degrees yesterday. Woo-hoo!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
We're getting our normal thunderstorms, and then some.

Check out what lightning did to one of our trees the other day, in one of the back pastures....

Luckily, it didn't screw up the fence (and the horses were in their stalls due to the storm).

That's a LOT of chainsaw work (and axe work) to clean up. At least I'll have plenty of firewood. (for the four days we'd use it during the year)...

new topics

top topics

join