It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman juror calls for change in self-defence laws

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Yes! yes, nothing bring out the true colours like a racial debate!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Could someone please tell me why "profiling" is wrong? Christ you would think it is smart, and something EVERYONE including the police do! when they are looking for a killer what does the FBI do they do a "profile" of what they should look for! Its the same thing with the TSA! If all the terrorists who hijack planes are Muslim, why the hell would you look for an Asian? It makes no sense and i cannot see how it violates anyones rights.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Im not looking for a racial debate! and as a matter of fact I have a son who is half black. I am just calling a spade a spade!! You must think skin color matters. I would say the same thing if TM was albino! Ill tell you this though my son would never act like this kid did because I would kill him first! If my son ever even spoke out of line to an adult and I happened to hear it. He would be picking his teeth up off the ground before he ever got the next word out of his mouth!. Respect goes a long way in keeping your kids out of trouble
edit on 7/18/13 by xyankee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Because anyone can be anything, and profiling narrows that? was that a serious question?

If only Muslims hijacks? so we should not look for Asian hijackers? lmao...

I don't want to get pulled over because my car has modifications(legal).

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

I used to think skin colour didn't matter that much... but this case changed my view.

Come on... the "i have black friends" fallacy.... one can hate and still hang around certain colours.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Those laws came to be for a reason.
People probably much like yourself in the District Attorneys Office were prosecuting people who had the audacity to defend themselves from what were often violent attacks from career criminals . Legal trickery was deployed to strike out evidence that would have exonerated the Defendant.

You don't seem to understand that the D.A care's nothing about guilt or innocence, they only care about a conviction.

They routinely hide evidence if it goes against their case.

After outcry from the Public these laws came into existence to protect the people from rouge prosecution. .

Should we run away when our neighborhoods are under assault by criminals?

One day you will be old and weak, would you like it if a thug was bashing your skull in and you were forbidden from defending yourself?

Deandre Feltons Mother swore up and down that her Son was the victim and I would expect no different from the Martin Family, come live around the Trayvon Martin's of the world and you will likely change your tune.

There is a chance that George Zimmerman got away with murder but I feel its more probable that he was just defending his life from an out of control thug who's own Mother had kicked out for Drugs, Stealing and fighting.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

I don't see how the government can tell a private citizen who they can be suspicious or not suspicious of. I don't think the profiling argument was meaningful and was used to add to the media circus.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

That is not what I meant but, why would you not focus your main search on previous experience. I mean common it is logic! I realize that there is always the exception to the rule, but really now

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

yea but we are not talking about friends! I am talking about BLOOD! I think there is a big difference there! don't you?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

and the jury ruling him not guilty by self defense implying that he was attacked and thus proven innocent by a jury of his peers and lawfully used self defense,dont wanna get shot dont attack random people

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I'm not sure the stalking law needs tightening....and I don't think this case has anything to do with stalking.

It was a self defense case. Pure and simple. Not a stalking case. Both Zimmerman and Martin made bad decisions that night. The person who threw the first punch broke the law. And we'll never know fully what happened that night.

(Interesting side note .. so far all the jurors who have spoken out say that it was Zimmerman screaming for help)

HOWEVER .. after watching the trial, I was thinking that the stalking laws could use tightening up. I was thinking that I wouldn't want someone following me with the intent of watching me and carrying a gun doing so. It's legal. And I understand that neighborhood watches do that and they are necessary. But there are a lot of STUPID people out there who do stupid things ... and if someone didn't have any business following me and watching me then I'd want them not to be able to do so. It would be hard to prove intent ... but anyways .... that thought went through my mind this week.

edit on 7/18/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

i have not agreed with everything you have had to say in this debate but somethings we do agree on like most of this post. the thing i don't agree with is that neighborhood watch people are not supposed to follow and they are not supposed to carry guns.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

I met some interracial couple whose family don't favour them for their union... also seen couples that prevent the child from seeing one side of the family.

Skin sometimes thicker than blood :/

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Your wasting your time! She is not capable of understanding. (not being offensive). I think it is a true disability that some people have.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Once jurors find that the cases they served on, are high profile and become media circus they try to side with the vocal majority, because of worries of outcomes from people around them, many others get an opportunity to cash out on cases like this, media and private groups also get behind the jurors and even pay substantial amounts of money for them to come publicly and change their views after the verdicts.

This something that has become very popular in this nation thanks to the media circus and now even politics influences also.

This type of behavior is turning our nation into a nothing but a joke.
edit on 18-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Well then that is truly sad, although on the other hand, they may be ostracized from the family based on the way that they choose to carrie them selves. I have said many times that if "you get in trouble don't call me" Im not coming to bail you out! could you be thinking it is color, when in actuality, it is behavior?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by basednobleman
criminal with a bag of skittles..

you white folk scare me to death.

You don't have to worry about the white folks yet. So far, it's only Hispanics that shoot people with Skittles. Also law enforcement, of course. They will profile, follow, and shoot anyone that attacks them, regardless of race. And then plant the Skittles on them. And no DA would even consider charging them with a crime.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Did you listen to her interview on CNN? She said the SYG law did apply in their decision.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I agree with you! I don't care who you are, past experience always has an influence on how you will think.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

IMO, you need to change like 95$ of all the laws .

I really enjoyed that typo! hehe

Freudian slip or just political humor?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join