It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devout Catholics Have Better Sex

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Infact, if you deny your spouse sex, that is a sin.

Where is that in scripture?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ah my younger days

Well the Lord closed that door, so no looking back.

The words "better sex" has a pretty loose definition depending on who is doing the reading.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Infact, if you deny your spouse sex, that is a sin.

Where is that in scripture?

1 Corinthians 7:1-5

1 Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me:

It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2 Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband. 3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

That's where.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Masturbation is a sin . It is called Onanism because according to The Bible , God is mad and shows his wrath when a man "wastes his seed". So, even if you are having sex with your wife or husband, that is still a sin if you aren't using the seed to impregnate.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Masturbation is a sin . It is called Onanism because according to The Bible , God is mad and shows his wrath when a man "wastes his seed". So, even if you are having sex with your wife or husband, that is still a sin if you aren't using the seed to impregnate.

You're talking about Genesis 38:6-10

6 Then Judah took a wife for Er his firstborn, and her name was Tamar. 7 But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord, and the Lord killed him. 8 And Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife and marry her, and raise up an heir to your brother.” 9 But Onan knew that the heir would not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in to his brother’s wife, that he emitted on the ground, lest he should give an heir to his brother. 10 And the thing which he did displeased the Lord; therefore He killed him also.

It wasn't masturbation that made the Lord angry. It was Onan's selfishness, that he refused to give his deceased brother an heir from his own loins that made the Lord angry. Onan wasn't masturbating, he pulled out while having sex with Tamar to purposely deny his brother an heir because it wouldn't have been his own child, but Er's.

This didn't have anything to do with masturbation at all.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Two people who love each other and care about each other will in the end one way or another have a great sex life because they give of each other. To much Promiscuity might be a sign of lack of patience and not being able to keep focus on one thing for a longer while letting the relationship evolve and mature. How much promiscuity is up to the doer to decide.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

reply to post by FlyersFan

Well wanting to have sex is lust, unless you are doing it to get pregnant; so even if it were true that Catholics have better sex, that would be promoting sin according to the bible.

Yes, but then again, so is eating shellfish and bacon.
caths though simply go to confession and say sorry to god and its all good.

Serious design flaw imo. God makes us with all these primal overwhelming instincts, then suggests we are bad for having them...
its like if I tossed water on someone then got angry that they were wet.

A test of a souls control? And why would it be bad if the instincts are used in a symbiotic way? Having sex with lots of partners is not wrong for some but a big nono for some. Do not judge those who want the one special one or few partners and do not judge the ones who want many and just play around. But always tell the other one what you are and be honest about it so that nobody get's manipulated/hurt. It is like being hetero or homo. A preference.
edit on 18-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

edit on 18-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Newvermind

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

True, but it doesn't say the opposite either.

Job 31
11 For lust is a shameful sin,
a crime that should be punished.
12 It is a fire that burns all the way to hell.
It would wipe out everything I own.

Apparently lust of any kind is a sin according to the bible.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Here's the thing about that. Can someone masturbate without thinking of someone else while doing it? Hopefully, it's not that someone's neighbor's teenage daughter, or son, that person is thinking of, and their beloved spouse instead, otherwise, that would be lust, no?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I thought 'devout' catholic sex was only in the missionary position?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I thought 'devout' catholic sex was only in the missionary position?

What?? Lol

There is no verse in scripture detailing which positions are acceptable or not.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Um, no. Onan's sin was refusing to give an heir to his brother's widow. It says that specifically in the text.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

True, but it doesn't say the opposite either.

Job 31
11 For lust is a shameful sin,
a crime that should be punished.
12 It is a fire that burns all the way to hell.
It would wipe out everything I own.

Apparently lust of any kind is a sin according to the bible.

No, the Bible specifically states to give oneself to and to enjoy one's spouse.

Use a thimble-full of context.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

There's a difference between enjoying and enjoying too much.

Lust is a sin according to your book, no matter who it's directed at. Read the verses I quoted again.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
God: "So I'm going to make sex extremely pleasurable and fun, and even program you to want it....but you can't enjoy it, and you can only do it if you make other humans."

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There's a difference between enjoying and enjoying too much.

Lust is a sin according to your book, no matter who it's directed at. Read the verses I quoted again.

Lust is unhealthy desire. That doesn't apply to one's spouse. And I told you to apply context, the verse in Job had nothing whatsoever to do with a husband and his wife. Couples should want and desire one another. They should desire to be with each other sexually.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
God: "So I'm going to make sex extremely pleasurable and fun, and even program you to want it....but you can't enjoy it, and you can only do it if you make other humans."

Pretty absurd idea huh?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Here's the thing about that. Can someone masturbate without thinking of someone else while doing it? Hopefully, it's not that someone's neighbor's teenage daughter, or son, that person is thinking of, and their beloved spouse instead, otherwise, that would be lust, no?

Yeah it would be lust. I'm not saying masturbation is right, i'm just saying that's not what got the Lord angry about Onan's selfish refusal to give his deceased brother an heir. The why of Onan doing this was over inheritance, if Er received an heir from Onan, the child would have been Er's son (if a boy) and Er being the firstborn would have had a double portion of inheritance that would have gone to Tamar's child. If Er and Tamar did not have an heir then the inheritance would have gone to Onan. Onan was trying to screw his dead brother out of an heir and out of his heir's inheritance.
edit on 18-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

You read my mind! I don't object to the notion of a deity but I find it laughable that he would give us an activity that is clearly enjoyable but refuse to let us enjoy it. That makes zero sense to me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join