It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden is the poster child for an UnEthical Generation

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: mikegrouchy

One question, before I post...

Did James Clapper take an oath prior to taking his position, and testifying in front of Congress?

I'm not sure. Haven't parsed that one before. If he was bound by some non disclosure agreement, and in testimony before congress he was intentionally baited into violating that NDA, then I suppose "Giving the 'Least Untruthful' Answer Possible ..." would be the way to go. If giving an untruthful answer can be counted as not violating a non disclosure agreement.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

Did James Clapper take an oath prior to taking his position, and testifying in front of Congress?

I'm not sure. Haven't parsed that one before.

Really? He's the DIA.... You have been so keen on Snowden breaching a trust, yet no clue on whether the DIA has taken a similar oath? Snowden was the one who clued the folks to the fact that Clapper lied to Congress... I understand the trust the people had that some things the govt did weren't for everyone's ears.... When the revelation is that OUR govt has decided to target our own citizens' info, and tried to keep it quiet, and reps from our gov't, LIED to Congress when questioned on their activity... we have a serious problem... and it goes way beyond your focus on Snowden's NDA agreement...

We need to regain trust in OUR gov't.. not be scared into complying with whatever THEY decide they want to do....

It's our country after all, not the gameboard of the elected politicians...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

I'm not sure. Haven't parsed that one before.

Really? He's the DIA.... You have been so keen on Snowden breaching a trust, yet no clue on whether the DIA has taken a similar oath? Snowden was the one who clued the folks to the fact that Clapper lied to Congress... I understand the trust the people had that some things the govt did weren't for everyone's ears.... When the revelation is that OUR govt has decided to target our own citizens' info, and tried to keep it quiet, and reps from our gov't, LIED to Congress when questioned on their activity... we have a serious problem... and it goes way beyond your focus on Snowden's NDA agreement...

We need to regain trust in OUR gov't.. not be scared into complying with whatever THEY decide they want to do....

It's our country after all, not the gameboard of the elected politicians...

Right, no I only allude to a larger scope.

I would rather see Snowden return and the case of "Snowden vs the NSA" than merely just "Snowden vs James Clapper." I agree, regaining trust in our government would be positive. I don't think Clapper alone gets us there.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Like Snowden has a chance if he returns... I am sure you saw the current Sec State take time out of his day to tell Eric to man up...

I thought he had other concerns.. like fixing what Hillary left when he took the reins?

ehhh... straying off topic.. apologies...

suffice to say, I am more focused on what our current collective Gov't is doing, than focusing on an employee who decided that his oath and NDA was challenged to the point that he decided to do what he did...

Hell the WH outed a CIA station chief... but that is just a faux pas?

Yikes went off topic again... bailing, thanks for letting me offer my side mike...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Another bitter Baby Boomer chomping at the bit to damn an entire generation. Forgetting, of course, the role their own generation played in getting the world to its current state of cluster****.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
Another bitter Baby Boomer chomping at the bit to damn an entire generation. Forgetting, of course, the role their own generation played in getting the world to its current state of cluster****.

I'm generation-X if this is referring to me.

ATS Thread: Generation X has suffered massive loss of wealth

For the sake of disclosure of my own prejudices my generation was obliterated by the crash of 2008 harder than other single demographic. We were buying homes, investing, and even saving in huge numbers but in banks that no longer exist.

In my thread above I blame Boomers, and Gen-y and later. I'm quite irritated and pissy about it. So now I confront the newest generation with their "hero" the NDA breaking Edward Snowden. Much to my disappointment though, not only have a few members of the younger generation conceded that he broke a minor technical agreement, I have seen zero further evidence of any other wrong doing. I think the guy may be straight and clean. To the veracity of his word that is.

I would like to see him fined $1.00 and sentenced to time-already-served-abroad. This way we can get him back in the country and useable as a witness if any prosecutor has the nads to take on the NSA. Only open court is going to satisfy me in airing this whole mess out.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
HA!

Snowden just admitted he needs a pardon.

guardian.uk / Snowden makes 'moral' case for pardon

SO I GUESS HE DID BREAK HIS NON-DISCLOSURE agreement, after all.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Two years ago, I was stomped on for 11 pages, because I suggested exactly this.

His fanboys lined up to curb stomp me.

“Yes, there are laws on the books that say one thing, but that is perhaps why the pardon power exists – for the exceptions, for the things that may seem unlawful in letters on a page but when we look at them morally, when we look at them ethically, when we look at the results, it seems these were necessary things, these were vital things,” he said.

His own words.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I guess Snowden has finally grown up.

Mike Grouchy

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join