It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baron Davis says he was abducted by aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I was a big fan of Baron Davis when he was on Golden State. So recently he gave a radio interview claiming he had some sort of alien encounter. It should be mentioned that he later claimed it was a joke, and that brings to mind two things.

1.) Why did he insist in his original interview that he was serious, and;

2.) Why would he choose to joke about that of all things? It seems a pretty random thing to joke about out of nowhere. If he was just kidding then at the very least it is interesting to me from a sociological/psychological perspective, as i find it baffling that Baron Davis of all people would joke about being abducted by aliens.

But enough commentary, below is the original radio interview followed by a couple news articles from CBS Sports and the New York Times.

Former Knick Baron Davis said he was abducted by aliens about two weeks ago. (USATSI)

Former New York Knicks guard Baron Davis has been a lot of places thanks to his professional career. He's been able to tour all over the United States and has traveled the world as an NBA player. He's translated a lucrative career with six franchises into incredible artistic opportunities with gaming and with the entertainment industry.

According to Davis during a podcast interview with THE CHAMPS, he might have also been to a spaceship recently. At the very least, he says he was with aliens when he was abducted on a drive from Las Vegas to Los Angeles...

www.cbssports.com...

It was a close encounter of the hoops kind.

Former Knicks player Baron Davis says he was “actually abducted by aliens.”

The basket-case baller told the hosts of “The Champs Podcast” that he crossed into his own personal twilight zone while driving “like two weeks ago.” ... The encounter ended, like most wild nights in California, with a pit stop at In-N-Out Burger.

“I just got off at the next exit,” said Davis, who noted he has been taking Percocet after knee surgery. After his extraterrestrial experience, Davis is still flying high.

“I come back and like, I’m sharper and s---. You know what I mean?” he asked the hosts. “I’m retaining information.” The UCLA standout and two-time NBA All-Star — who tore ligaments in his knee while playing for the Knicks against the Miami Heat in the 2012 playoffs — is also a first-class practical joker. He tweeted late Friday night: "that alien thing is a joke."

However he had stuck to his story even after podcast hosts Neal Brennan and Moshe Kasher pressed the 34-year-old, trying to get him to admit he was telling a tall tale.

His rep did not respond to a request for comment Friday. But on the podcast, Davis said he has a book coming out about his alien experience.

www.nydailynews.com...

Would love to hear what anyone thinks of this. He could very well be joking, and I suppose that is the simplest and most likely answer. Then again, allegedly there are many UFO/UAP sightings on that stretch of highway and in that area.

edit on 18-7-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Runciter33

Already posted:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
As noted in the post above. Duplicate thread. Thread closed.

join