It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You are ALSO being tracked' while... traveling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

'You are being tracked' while traveling

From E-mail, to calls and snail mail, internet searches and more...to retailers tracking, it doesn't end there. I'm going to merge these two headline below: "You are being tracked: ACLU..." and "New tracking software knows exactly where you'll be on a precise time." The details included for those interested in how it works.

'You are being tracked': ACLU reveals docs of mass license plate reader surveillance

According to documents obtained through a number of Freedom of Information Act requests filed by ACLU offices across the United States, law enforcement agencies are tracking the whereabouts of innocent persons en masse by utilizing a still up-and-coming technology.

“As it becomes increasingly clear that ours is an era of mass surveillance facilitated by ever cheaper and more powerful computing technology, it is critical we learn how this technology is being used,” Crump wrote. “License plate readers are just one example of a disturbing phenomenon: the government is increasingly using new technology to collect information about all of us, all the time and to store it forever – providing a complete record of our lives for it to access at will.”

37 pages of background info on the technology

Source: RT

ACLU National ✔ @ACLU Will America be a place where govt tracks you whenever you drive? Plate readers make it possible www.aclu.org... #autotracking

To gain a following throughout the country? In one location the record is indefinite.

Secondly,

New tracking software knows exactly where you'll be on a precise time and date YEARS into the future (even if you don't)

. Program called Far Out tracks people using GPS to learn their routine
. It then makes predictions about where that person will be in future years
. Far Out can react to changes in jobs, relationships and moving house
. The results are 'highly accurate' and can plot locations to the date

Source: DM
Wow, even if I don't, say can I get a copy of that? Re: Rejected.

How does that work?

This information was fed into the Far Out software which uses an algorithm to predict where a person will be in the future, based on where they've been in the past. Continued at source...

Pre crime determination? Shows image of GPS recorded tracking of the Far Out mapping software, shown the Seattle area.

I don't believe either of these have been shared, apologies if so and if it's not best to have merged them.

edit on 18-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
in the u.k they are years ahead of america with stuff like that they have been tracking car number plates for at least 13 years under the guise of insurance & road tax .

my friends father is a head police man for a large area and we have interesting conversations on subjects like this anybody that thinks the police are idiots are themselves idiots ?.

i would not be suprised if most of the population has been chipped without knowing it .carry a cashline/credit card or phone then you are a mug as they can pinpoint you even in remote areas .

every person in the developed world has about 700 files on them from credit agencys etc big bro has been around a long long time

new topics

join