It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing network of police license plate scanners now track your vehicle everywhere you go.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
They've been introduced recently here - allows instant recognition of unregistered (& therefore uninsured) vehicles being driven and also ID's vehicles registered to disqualified drivers and all that is achieved with less man-hours of active police field work so they can concentrate on issues that many will complain they are pushing aside in order to do these checks in person (pulling drivers over, radioing in details etc etc).

I don't see the problem in implementing efficient measures to reduce the number of unregistered and therefore uninspected/ likely unroadworthy vehicles on our roads. There are an awful lot of such vehicles in use here and if one of them runs into you, you're financially screwed especially when it comes to injuries.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
So I should change my behavior to fit the Government model?

No, you do not have to change your behaviour at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
They've been introduced recently here - allows instant recognition of unregistered (& therefore uninsured) vehicles being driven and also ID's vehicles registered to disqualified drivers and all that is achieved with less man-hours of active police field work so they can concentrate on issues that many will complain they are pushing aside in order to do these checks in person (pulling drivers over, radioing in details etc etc).

I don't see the problem in implementing efficient measures to reduce the number of unregistered and therefore uninspected/ likely unroadworthy vehicles on our roads. There are an awful lot of such vehicles in use here and if one of them runs into you, you're financially screwed especially when it comes to injuries.

Sounds like nonsense. The primary reason is to make sure everone pays up for registration, licence fees , insurance etc and to cut costs. The rest is alarmist horsesh*t. Pay up and no-one is going to bother with you.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

OK but will the conviction rate or the clear up rate now decline? That is my foremost question. Or will this just become more surveillance for surveillance sake?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

In America, at least my state, you can have your car keys within 100 yards, or 100 meters for ya'll across the pond, and still be charged with actual physical control of the vehicle. The keys don't need to be in the ignition. The keys need to be available to you no matter what Herculean effort it takes for you to start up your death machine and mow down the entire Special Olympics. They have this other thing called implied consent. That rule of law states that if you drive a car on a public road, you are liable for any and all damage, even if it wasn't your fault.

The way that the law reads in my state... You can be in bed with your keys in your pocket and still be charged, because, somehow, someway, you figured you might need to go for a drive.

To give an agency more power to juice money out of the general populace, and at the same time provide no suitable remedy... It smacks of disingenousness.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Tell me if you think it's nonsense after a close relative is run into by a young kid unlicensed and driving an unregistered death trap. You can try claiming compensation but let's presume that kid has no job, no assets to claim on because that's exactly what happened in my family. If the kid kills you he'll be charged with vehicular manslaughter and likely jailed eventually but your family will never see a cent. Business and property owners need to carry public liability insurance and so do drivers but of course, if you have nothing to lose but your life, then why worry about the effect of your actions on fellow citizens (that's twisted reasoning).

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
S&F

Damn search!
You beat me to it, here I merged to topics, this and another about GPS tracking to illustrate how they can be used in such cases as pre crime determination. : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

how we deal with it
... well what i find is the smartest way to drive nowadays is to swap rides with people. get a car get it all legal then swap with a friend. there are many resions for this from a legal stand point. there are many resion a court can try to take your car permanently. seen it happen to a few people in my day. if your in someone eles car they cant legally take ownership. just impound and search. and even searches can get quite legally interesting. they also use plates for tracking people. if alot of people do this it will mess up that data base.
no need to tell your insurers.. just keep it on the low down. if something happens and they ask just say you let them borrow it. and the way insurance is worked out is everyone insures there car decently. and if anything happens we all use our own insurances because when you drive anothers ride your insurance covers it
and its nice having different rides from time to time. a truck for camping a nice car ride for trips. ect. its like a car lot .

see we even swap cell phones
the trick is to keep everything from being able to be used aginst you. and it also destroys proff. so you saw this car where hummm well 15 people drive it. wounder who was in it that day no one knows lol...
edit on 18-7-2013 by pathwalker777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

WOW!!!

So you are quite fine with arresting someone, confiscating their property, panelling them as being a criminal, because they could possibly engage in behavior that might harm others?

That is what you advocate.

Where do we draw the line?

Running with scissors, book me dano.

Caught looking at someone with possible lust, book me dano.

Heck, men should probably not be allowed in public with man parts, just too dangerous.

I guess some people read "1984" and think, that is a society I would like to live in, where you are a criminal if you allow yourself to get into a position where you might do something that could be a danger to someone.

Welcome to the police state.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

WOW!!!

So you are quite fine with arresting someone, confiscating their property, labelling them as being a criminal, because they could possibly engage in behavior that might harm others?

That is what you advocate?

Where do we draw the line?

Running with scissors, book em dano.

Caught looking at someone with possible lust, book em dano.

Heck, men should probably not be allowed in public with man parts, just too dangerous.

I guess some people read "1984" and think, that is a society I would like to live in, where you are a criminal if you allow yourself to get into a position where you might do something that could be a danger to someone.

Welcome to the police state.

edit on 18-7-2013 by poet1b because: Typos

edit on 18-7-2013 by poet1b because: ?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

. . . . Every police-state I brake. . .
. . . . . . And then I made a mistake. . . .
. . . . . . . . . I thought I was free. . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . .I didn't need to be. . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . On a database where they were watching me. . . . . . .

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ouch Beezer...that one "stings".

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Guess what, liability insurance is not enough to cover death or serious injury. And you often have fight the insurance company.

Being properly insured does not bring the dead back to life.

You can't just sing some big corporate jingo, and everything will be fine, like on TV.

Ever watch any of these dead case, or true crime type programs. The police in these stories don't seem to care about finding the criminals, they typically more concerned with charging the most convenient suspect they can find.

These data bases will probably be used more often to do bad things than good.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Be very careful of who you loan your vehicle out to, you just never know where it might be when something big goes down. Just a word of caution.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

does not matter where your ride is if you always have a way to prove you where not in it...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I thought that under 4th Amendment rules there was now an exception that when you're in public, there is no reasonable expectation of privacy now? Wasn't there some sort of Supreme Court ruling on this quite recently?

I could be wrong, it's been known to happen

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Yeah, one of these days in the not too distant future someone will be getting a call at work.

"Hello, is this mister X? This agent Smith of the safety enforcement investigation commitee. Well I was watching you make love to you wife last night, and she was moaning, and as you should know, that is a very dangerous safety violation. We can't have women enjoying themselves, it is very dangerous. How do we know? Well someone must have complained, your wife is a very beautiful woman. We will need you come in and take a safety class. Thursday evening would be good. "

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Pilgrum

Guess what, liability insurance is not enough to cover death or serious injury. And you often have fight the insurance company.

Being properly insured does not bring the dead back to life.

I'm not familiar with the insurance requirements for the US so you could be correct, actually we all have to fight the insurance companies for any claim anywhere because of the vast amount of fraud committed in order to access these funds. Registration fees here have about 6 components with the smallest being the road tax and registration itself at less than 20% of the total. The compulsory state government managed MAIB (motor accident insurance board) premium is the largest part at about 60% of it and that's the insurance that's claimed on for any personal injury to anyone that's caused by the registered vehicle. Insuring the vehicle itself against damage to property (not persons) is something else altogether and not compulsory.

It costs way more to survive with a permanent disability than it does to die mercifully quickly in a collision.

Re: the cameras
I've received my latest rego renewal notice and the cameras have been so successful here that windscreen registration stickers are no longer required in this state as the cameras can instantly check via the image of the number plate and alert as necessary in real time.
edit on 18/7/2013 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
but it's to keep you safe. Now all they got to do is put you in a pod like in the matrix so then you'll be totally safe.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
So I should change my behavior to fit the Government model?

No, you do not have to change your behaviour at all.

But it causes it to change; do you not see that? It is similar to how they exact taxes, it all affects behavior. I wish not to be tracked because I do not see the overwhelming need of the Government to track me as a private citizen. To accomplish that, I will have to....wait for it....change my behavior; crazy I know.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join