It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we stop already?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You just made yet ANOTHER thread over this subject! Stop the madness here and now! Everyone? Just stop threading and talking about it. It just perpetuates and fuels the fire by continuing....Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
You just made yet ANOTHER thread over this subject! Stop the madness here and now! Everyone? Just stop threading and talking about it. It just perpetuates and fuels the fire by continuing....Peace

while i do talk a little about the issue in question, my thread is more a general reminder, or plead to the people to resist the temptation presented by useless topics..
edit on 17-7-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
I wonder what that makes you

Goddamn Awesome.

No, I don't think so. Dozens of members give their "give it a rest" thread during these times. It's a major star collecting topic. I should probably make one some time. "Enough is enough!" threads get a lot of activity for sure!

And the funny thing is, they accomplish absolutely nothing in the way of reducing the number of "hot-button issue" threads.

I'm just saying--it's ironic when people make these sort of rants.

and then you insult me....and we were getting along so well....

i don't give a toss about stars and flags.....it's not why i started the thread...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I overestimated the average ATSer's ability to spot an obvious distraction on the news.

Divide & conquer.

Distract & destroy.

Etc etc...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

it ain't what it used to be around here, that' for sure..

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

I know sir, I know. Im right there in agreement with you! I was just sayin"...!! Thanks MS

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

So-your idea of helping, is to make yet another thread on the subject

I went back to read and learned that you had already been reprimanded, so I apologize. The good news is that you aren't after stars & flags.
edit on 18-7-2013 by RobinB022 because: read comments

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Just because the issue of 'Race' is a non-factor in the OP's mind doesn't mean that the issue is resolved for the the rest of the world. I hope that bomb shell doesn't cause the OP too much concern. I mean, I'm glad the OP feels as though it's time for the rest of us to move on. As soon as the rest of us give a crap about what the OP thinks, we'll all fall in line. Hey, OP, quick - I need to know how you feel about all of the other thintgs in my mind. I'd hate to waste anymore of my time thinking about things the OP feels are unworthy. It's normal for each person to decide what he/she thinks is important. It's called Freedom. Check it out.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Y'all are being far too hard on the OP in my opinion. The OP has added to the conversation in their own way and that is perfectly fine and acceptable. It is a valid reaction to the current subject du jour. These days we get bounced from one fixation point to another so much that it gets old and sometimes the media lights on a subject that just gets under our skin in a way that leaves us flustered and ready to just move on.

For me the tragedies in Aurora, Sandy Hook and Boston were the same way. I just couldn't bear to hear or read another word on the subject - period. I was done.

Obviously others weren't and still aren't. I respect that even as I hope that they would respect the fact that I am done.

Where I take issue ( not with the OP per se... but with a general way of thinking ) is when folks invalidate others by suggesting that they are pandering for flags and stars. I am not naive enough not to realize that there are people who do base their egos upon such things... but I cannot believe that most people are wired that way. I can't imagine how sad it would be to need that sort of validation.

For better or for worse the Internet has given all of us an equal voice - a chance to speak. The news is now interactive and we're all allowed our own editorial segments. Of course the issues of the day are going to generate a lot of participation and input. It's absolutely understandable and, IMO, a good thing. It allows all of us to see the variety of thoughts on a subject, through the eyes of a lot of other people who come from every imaginable demographic and environment possible.

Can it get tedious? Yes. It is worth sifting through it all to broaden our own minds? I think so.

As for the rest - ATS not being the way it used to be and all that... Truth is that ATS has changed, just as every single one of us has as well. That's life. I personally think that the site is far more interesting today than it was ten years ago when I first began skulking around the halls. I personally enjoy the broader range of subjects and the much more rapid pace here. I do understand that not everyone would agree - but taste is subjective.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TownCryer
Just because the issue of 'Race' is a non-factor in the OP's mind doesn't mean that the issue is resolved for the the rest of the world. I hope that bomb shell doesn't cause the OP too much concern. I mean, I'm glad the OP feels as though it's time for the rest of us to move on. As soon as the rest of us give a crap about what the OP thinks, we'll all fall in line. Hey, OP, quick - I need to know how you feel about all of the other thintgs in my mind. I'd hate to waste anymore of my time thinking about things the OP feels are unworthy. It's normal for each person to decide what he/she thinks is important. It's called Freedom. Check it out.

my normal response to someone posting with such venom and rudeness would usually consist of a lot of swearing, and telling the offending individual where to go, how fast to get there, and would usually include the option of arriving at said destination with footwear wedged in their rear end......

but i'm not going to do that.....bask in it, it is indeed a rare sight...almost like a unicorn...

i have the negative point balance to show that i'm usually not shy about speaking my mind.

now then...if you disagree so much with what i have put forth, you could have simply said so in a more polite way, or maybe not have said anything at all...manners and decorum, my friend...

i submit that my view on the subject of ethnic discrimination is more enlightened than the average person, and that there are still a lot of people in the world that don't share that view, i'll give you that..

people who think bigotry is ok are ignorant, backwards types, and that mindset does absolutely nothing to advance us as a species...my only hope is that people of that particular stripe fade into history, so we can get on with the business of advancement..

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

thanks, i appreciate you..

see, for me, it's not so much that they're fixating on a thing....it's what the thing is, that bothers me.....

they're fixated on a trial, based on an event that plays out multiple times daily, that's been played up by the media, hyped by the current administration, and really constitutes nothing more than a distraction..

fixating on, and discussing something like 9/11, sandy hook, aurora, or boston is better, at least in my mind, because those are serious events....lots of dead people, suspicious circumstances, an official story that fails to mesh with reality.....that's the kind of stuff we're here for....everyone fixating on what amounts to a dude shooting another dude in self-defense is silly...the ONLY reason this is a thing is because the media says so, and because the president says so.....had it not been given the attention by the president and the media, nobody would know about it, nobody would talk about it, and it wouldn't be this massive thing....

yes, someone is dead, and yes, that is immensely sad...but lots of people die every day....what makes this more relevant than the others?

this was my entire point....it's a distraction. while everyone was distracted with this, bad s**t happened....nobody noticed, because everyone was too busy arguing about the latest shiny object trotted out by the media and the administration...and with that came the added excuse to perpetuate hatred, and stereotypes, and all the worst elements of us, as a species.....it's disgusting how easily people are manipulated these days..

in any event, as to the stars and flags thing....it's ok...i was accused of starting this thread for stars and flags, and in another thread, i was accused of being a paid shill, lol.....you can't please all of the people, all of the time....

in a phrase; "it is what it is"

-rambling complete-

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
THANK YOU.
I'm a fairly new ATS member and for real?
I wanted to read intellectual things, read about super cool ideas/theories I never thought of but all I can see is Zimmerman stuff.
Maybe I just can't navigate this site well and thats how I always end up seeing 30 different posts about the topic.
But just don't respond to them, it'll die down pretty quick just like every other "social media/news fad."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join