It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we stop already?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
For days now, i've seen thread after thread about trayvon this, and zimmerman that, and all manner of threads related to "race"....

frankly, it's sickening.

Murder happens. people are killed every day, and it's absolutely retarded that THIS case should be any more or less important, just because the media says so...this is nothing more than a distraction, brought to you by the crooks in D.C. they politicized and sensationalized the living [snipped] out of this case, to keep us divided, and angry, and at war with one another....and it looks to be working quite well, even here....

I've always seen ATS as a place where smart people come to talk about issues of substance...and now, every time one of the sensationalist distractions comes along, it completely dominates the front page, and is the top thing being discussed, no matter how ridiculous, or inconsequential it is....

There are FAR more important things happening in the world, and in the U.S. than George Zimmerman being found not guilty by a jury of his peers...and it's absolutely f**kiing BONKERS that people are actually flipping a s**t because a man got a fair trial.....i mean, that'd be like white people going crazy, and randomly assaulting black people, and holding rallies, because O.J. got a fair trial, and was found not guilty...

The prosecution and the defense made their case, and a jury decided his guilt, or lack thereof....that's the way it is supposed to work...this entire situation is utterly ridiculous....

The issue of "Race" is a non-issue...at least in my mind.....we are ALL of the same race...the HUMAN race. Just because some of us look different, does not mean we are an entirely different race....we still bleed the same blood, have the same organs, the same brains, the same number of fingers and toes, and limbs, our faces all have the same parts.....we are all the same, despite our differences, and as long as people in media, or government, or in ignorant supremacy groups can continue to convince people that they are a completely different race, just because they look a little different, the cycle of unpleasantness will NEVER end..

Wake up ATS. Stop the madness...we are better than this.
edit on Wed Jul 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Unfortunatley my friend you are fighting a losing battle.

My advice is to ignore the threads.

I know its hard, I keep getting dragged into them myself when I see something that REALLY angers me.

I just pop in, give my two cents, and then go on my merry way.

But then im hooked!

Just be happy that you have strong morals and are a decent person, don't worry about the others

Briles

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

AMEN!!!!

I almost made this same thread that you made.
I am soooo sick of people gaining stars and flags off of this....its cheap and just plain low.

It really does show how many people are looking for attention.
For people who like to think the media can't play them........it shows them as the followers they truly are.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

it's extraordinarily difficult to avoid them....i mean, look at this place,,,,a LOT of sections are stacked several deep with threads about this nonsense......and it angers and saddens me to see that there are so many hateful, ignorant people here now...i really did believe that the majority of the people here were smarter, and better, and past all that..

-shrug-

I mean, Jesus Christ.....the administration steps in, and tells us we can't talk about sandy hook, the mods step in, they closely monitor 9/11 discussions, we can't discuss the smoking of a harmless plant that grows in the dirt...but we have pages of threads about something as distasteful as ethnic bigotry, and that's just fine....what the hell happened to this place?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Spare a thought for us Europeans who have to witness this dominate the recent posts page. Just seems like people can't help getting themselves whipped up by the msm they claim to hate and distrust so much. It's like bear baiting.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I guess stupidity infiltrated ATS...

I haven't been a member for that long now but even in my short time here i can see the intelligence going downhill.
Why can't we all just get along and stop getting distracted by the corrupt government and propaganda media. Looks like the most of us can't.

These are the times where the sheep are getting separated from the wolfs. I already know what i am. Time for the rest to choose

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Amen!

The trial was interesting. But, its over with and done. Now I'd rather go and look for rocks on Mars shaped like animals.. or something.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

i don't even care about people getting stars and flags.....in this case, it's nothing more than a self-serving circle-jerk, fueled by ignorance.....they're falling for the trap....

what annoys me most about this whole thing is that this place is clogged all to hell with threads about an event that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things......i mean yes, someone died, and that is terrible for the people who knew him, but if we're gonna get all broken up about it, why not be fair, and talk about EVERY murder that happens everywhere? why not adopt a position of "any death diminishes us all, let's talk about it"?

it doesn't happen because (and i hate to sound cold) it doesn't matter....death is a part of life, it is inescapable, and is simply a thing that happens.

as i've said, there are much more important things happening...real matters of substance.....while everyone is distracted with this nonsense.. the crooks in D.C. are doing god knows what.....nobody here's talking about it...the media's not talking about it....so who the hell's gonna talk about it? they've basically put up an umbrella over themselves, shielding their actions from the light of public scrutiny...and damnit if ATS didn't fall right into the trap....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Amen!

The trial was interesting. But, its over with and done. Now I'd rather go and look for rocks on Mars shaped like animals.. or something.

indeed. I remember when the O.J. Simpson trial happened....i was in school, and would you believe that the teachers actually halted curriculum, and made us watch the trial on TV? and after it was over, we discussed it....i learned nothing for weeks, except that people are stupid. it was a horrible waste of time, and so is this phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Exactly!

Its like those Top 40 hits they use to play over and over on the AM stations when I was a teenager. Then I discovered underground FM radio. Yes!!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.....oh you're not new I see...

You have been here long enough to know how it works around here. Ranting about certain ongoing threads is equally annoying to witness so you're adding fuel to the fire not extinguishing it. Me? I just watch the fire burn out....it's mesmerizing. Don't let threads emotionally get to you...but then again emotional energy is the foundation of many threads around here.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's just summer vacation. That silly season where a mole hill of a story can become the Mt Everest of scandals or debates or days or weeks. It's that special time of year where common sense goes on vacation along with everything else and people's inner voice can be seen and heard. Scary thing to see, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Yes, i have indeed been here a long time.....long enough to see how things once were, and how they are now. the difference is astounding

it was not my intent to rant, and i had originally posted this thread to the social issues forum....unfortunately, some industrious mod decided that this thread belonged here...my intent with this thread was to introduce a voice of reason into this mess...to remind people that we have a duty to deny ignorance, to discuss the more substantial matters, rather than be caught up in the usual inconsequential, sensational nonsense, and misdirection put forth by the media.....my intent was to try to make us, if even for the briefest of moments say "hey, wait a minute"

it is too early to know if i have failed in that task, but i suspect it is entirely probable.

it is at times like these, that the greatest evils are perpetrated against us...when people are distracted..simply waiting for it to "burn out" is not an option for those of us who still care about matters that matter.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

and i'd buy that, if this hadn't been a big deal before...

when it happened, it was the talk of the town as well..and i had hoped we'd seen the last of it.

it's not just THIS particular case that is the problem....it is ANY nonsensical topic that dominates the whole site...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Yes, i have indeed been here a long time.....long enough to see how things once were, and how they are now. the difference is astounding

it was not my intent to rant, and i had originally posted this thread to the social issues forum....unfortunately, some industrious mod decided that this thread belonged here...my intent with this thread was to introduce a voice of reason into this mess...to remind people that we have a duty to deny ignorance, to discuss the more substantial matters, rather than be caught up in the usual inconsequential, sensational nonsense, and misdirection put forth by the media.....my intent was to try to make us, if even for the briefest of moments say "hey, wait a minute"

it is too early to know if i have failed in that task, but i suspect it is entirely probable.

it is at times like these, that the greatest evils are perpetrated against us...when people are distracted..simply waiting for it to "burn out" is not an option for those of us who still care about matters that matter.

In that case, you and I are on the same page cause the media is doing a hell of a good job distracting and dividing the populace by throwing around the race card. Don't get me wrong, I care about matters that matter also but when all is said and done we have to come to these terms individually. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if events like this come up and no one makes a thread about it to add to the drama. I'm sure the NSA wouldn't be too happy about that...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Thank you!!!!

I'm new so maybe I was out of line but I totally agree. Maybe they'll listen to you.

My thread but everybody just rolled their eyes haha....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You shoulda made an original thread with fresh, original ideas instead of another Trayvon-Zimmerman thread

But you didn't

The only thing just as predictable as the hot-button threads themselves are the "can we stop this?!" threads.

edit on 17-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

and this, my dear fellow, is why you are a mediocre content contributor..

SOMEONE has to say "give it a rest already"..unless, of course, you LIKE seeing the site dominated by idiocy, while more important issues are ignored..
edit on 17-7-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I hear ya, but it's ATS and it's summer. Last year it was about Romney and Obama with a little pinch of Ron Paul in a kettle boiling over with political passion ..and that filled the topics lists. The summer before that, it was Hondo, Elenin and the other cosmic lumps passing by while Israel and Palestine made like war right into the close of September. Elenin had at least a couple threads a day for a month or two and usually more as I recall.

I'd have hated to see ATS if it had been in full swing for Y2k at that time. Whatever the issue of the day is...or failing that, someone will make a new one to stand in until the next big one comes along.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

and this, my dear fellow, is why you are a mediocre content contributor..

I wonder what that makes you
(Just teasing as a form of reciprocity)

SOMEONE has to say "give it a rest already"..unless, of course, you LIKE seeing the site dominated by idiocy, while more important issues are ignored..
edit on 17-7-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

No, I don't think so. Dozens of members give their "give it a rest" thread during these times. It's a major star collecting topic. I should probably make one some time. "Enough is enough!" threads get a lot of activity for sure!

And the funny thing is, they accomplish absolutely nothing in the way of reducing the number of "hot-button issue" threads.

I'm just saying--it's ironic when people make these sort of rants.
edit on 17-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join