It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They were White and They were Slaves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
My poor Irish ancestor was sent on a train promoted as a *free servant* train in the early 1900s. I realize this is at a later time than your OP, but I added this to show this persisted for a long time, so much so that upon the deathbed in the 1950s of her so-called parent she was dismissed as being merely a maid and house cleaner as opposed to a cherished person who had taken care of her all her life.

Lots to think, and re-think about our education that placed all Aussies as derelicts and criminals, etc. The new colonists in Quebec also brought over such servants from France too.

Slavery was a sin of opportunity and a horrible avaricious way to get work done for free. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

Originally posted by HairlessApe
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Best schools in the country, huh?

I went to public school in Milwaukee and I'm aware that there were white slaves.

I knew whites have been enslaved in history, but not the facts about what my OP is about. Maybe your school taught this history, but mine did not. And yet, I have been in very elite schools as well as public ones, and I believe this is scrubbed from the books. I'd like to hear from others if they knew that there were hundreds of thousands of white slaves in America, and we predated the bringing in of black slaves.

I wager few will honestly say they were taught this in American History classes.

I would honestly wager that, for the most part, the students learning about this little tidbit of American history weren't paying attention to the lesson, didn't find it important enough to learn, or were conditioned into the superficial belief that all white people are to blame for slavery in America.

Which is pretty odd to me, considering that slavery was rampant in all corners of the world and was practiced by all cultures.

I also think it's interesting that people don't realize that there were already slaves in Africa before white people began purchasing them there. And often times slavery in Africa (based on region) was justified based upon how light/dark someone's skin was.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
sadly, in some cases, this information will not change a thing, as many are being taught in black hebrew israelite churches and black liberation churches, that the white race are the seed of esau, and that god loved jacob (the blacks) but hated esau (the whites). no i'm not kidding you.

if confronted with the reality that whites have been historically enslaved, they say things like "you're a loser in both worlds then cause you can't make it in esau's world and you can't make it in jacob's world". i suppose at that point you're supposed to descend into despair and give up all hope.
edit on 17-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

The majority of people have no HUNGER for knowledge. They have no 'doubt' or questioning over what they are told and may enjoy the 'ear tickling' that goes with what they are told.

Ony sometimes do I think we are 'doomed' when I see this attitude, but then i remember how I was brought up and that waking up is possible IF you WANT to wake up.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The thing about Black slavery that always confused me , Was the African Kings sold most of the slaves. The whites would not go inland to trade because it was too dangerous.

the African Kings enslaved their own people, marched them to the ports and sold them.

Why do these same slaves call Africa home? Why don't they openly hate the ruling class in Africa ?

Seems like it might just be easier to hate someone who looks different than you. Instead of facing up to the horrible truth.

Evil is everywhere. Even in the mirror.
edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

I think they tend to miss out the part in schools where the African Kings sold people. Wouldn't like to go off message, would they?

However, the true heartache of Africa is its deep corruption.
But the true heartach of everwhere is its deep corruption.
Even history is corrupted.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The white and black slaves were starting to unite to push to end slavery. The masters came up with the idea of dividing the whites and blacks by offering white slaves a way to buy themselves out of slavery. Having a solution the white slaves abandoned the united cause, leaving the blacks to their fate. This successfully broke up the resistance. History doesn't mention the Irish or the white slaves, only the black now, because the elites still want that bitter racial division. They realized at the time, as some do now, that it is people at the top who are rigging the game and it's not your neighbor or fellow countrymen.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0001391
The white and black slaves were starting to unite to push to end slavery. The masters came up with the idea of dividing the whites and blacks by offering white slaves a way to buy themselves out of slavery. Having a solution the white slaves abandoned the united cause, leaving the blacks to their fate. This successfully broke up the resistance. History doesn't mention the Irish or the white slaves, only the black now, because the elites still want that bitter racial division. They realized at the time, as some do now, that it is people at the top who are rigging the game and it's not your neighbor or fellow countrymen.

That is an interesting idea about the white and black slaves uniting to stop their oppression. Is there any historical evidence for this? I'd like to read it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

White Irish being sold into slavery due to crimes they committed.

Black people being sold into slavery due to the color of their skin.

I'm not following your logic here.
edit on 17-7-2013 by MrPlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
hollywoodilluminatidotcom
good piece written here about this same topic!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow

I see that you did not read the whole information or watch the videos or if you did you ignored the facts about the IRISH wholesale taken not for crimes but for being Catholic! And, from your response, I guess you think it is not slavery today to entice a young woman to come to America on some job offer only for her to be locked up in chains at night, raped, used as a prostitute or some sweat shop labor, that is fine because she thought she was coming over for a legitimate job under a contract they never intended to keep.

The powers that be used a petty law to justify their actions. It was to justify the slavery. It was legal and thus it was right is that what you are saying? So, the civil rights movement should never have happened because those laws keeping blacks out of businesses, drinking from whites only water fountains, or sitting in the back of the bus were right too, is that what you are saying? If so, we just will never have an honest conversation, but thank you for exercising your right to express yourself. That's the law for now, but when they make it illegal and start shutting you up, I hope you don't complain because you would be breaking the law.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
3/5 of a man...Really
You are ignorant as a rock.
Try looking things up before you speak..will make you look like you might just know something.

3/5 of a VOTE ! and that was put forth by the Dems...
3 / 5

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I see that you did not read the whole information or watch the videos or if you did you ignored the facts about the IRISH wholesale taken not for crimes but for being Catholic! And, from your response, I guess you think it is not slavery today to entice a young woman to come to America on some job offer only for her to be locked up in chains at night, raped, used as a prostitute or some sweat shop labor, that is fine because she thought she was coming over for a legitimate job under a contract they never intended to keep.

The powers that be used a petty law to justify their actions. It was to justify the slavery. It was legal and thus it was right is that what you are saying? So, the civil rights movement should never have happened because those laws keeping blacks out of businesses, drinking from whites only water fountains, or sitting in the back of the bus were right too, is that what you are saying? If so, we just will never have an honest conversation, but thank you for exercising your right to express yourself. That's the law for now, but when they make it illegal and start shutting you up, I hope you don't complain because you would be breaking the law.

hmmm...no, I read your post just fine. Perhaps you need to reread it yourself.

The Irish seemed to be targeted the most. Cromwell hated the Irish Catholics for their rebellion against the crown

Whether or not you, in 2013, believe this to be an actual crime or not is inconsequential. At THAT time, it was a criminal act- so....they were being punished for that act.

Everything else you said above has nothing to do with what I'm pointing out about THAT day and age.
Again, petty or not- they were sold into slavery due to their crimes. Blacks were sold into slavery because they were considered less than human and savages...their offense? The color of their skin.

Try harder

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Whether or not you, in 2013, believe this to be an actual crime or not is inconsequential. At THAT time, it was a criminal act- so....they were being punished for that act.

Everything else you said above has nothing to do with what I'm pointing out about THAT day and age.
Again, petty or not- they were sold into slavery due to their crimes. Blacks were sold into slavery because they were considered less than human and savages...their offense? The color of their skin.

Try harder

Ok, let's play our little games then and strain some gnats just for fun. In your argument the said Catholics were at war and lost and thus broke some law. I do believe the said blacks sold into slavery by their oppressors who won a war against them and sold them into slavery would fit the same bill. Thus those blacks were not sold because of the color of their skin, but dared to lose a fight against another group they felt was oppressing them.

We can play these mental gymnastics ad nauseum, and it just shows me you think white slavery was not an issue. Again, thank you for participating and exit the ride to your right.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

If people were taught real history, they would discover that slavery never ended but instead extended to include everyone.

Slavery of today is a different kind of slavery, but not less dire, it is harder to realize what it is. The slavery is to the Nephilim and the Watchers and the economic systems they have set up. It is to the crazy outpouring of frivolous laws set up by the lawyers of the world to tie us up continually. This fee and that tax. The Founding Fathers fought against it, but alas it has prevailed once more.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Rationalizing slavery by comparing apples and oranges? i guess that is the next step.

Both are very different, and different reason.

Whites Owned Whites, Blacks Owned Blacks... these type of "slavery" is very common.. even now, Mexican house use a Mexican servant... Indians use lower class Indian servants and Chinese etc etc....not saying servants and slaves were equal but its acceptable and common to have same race slaves in the old times, these slavery were less brutal.

Then Whites owned blacks.
edit on 7/17/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Perhaps because the "crime" that many committed was simply being on land that an aristocrat wanted. The British aristocracy systemically wanted to depopulate Ireland.

They were sold into slavery quite often because they were "Irish" which was at the time considered an inferior race just as Africans were considered an inferior race by the elite.
edit on 17-7-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Rationalizing slavery by comparing apples and oranges? i guess that is the next step.

Both are very different, and different reason.

Whites Owned Whites, Blacks Owned Blacks... these type of "slavery" is very common.. even now, Mexican house use a Mexican servant... Indians use lower class Indian servants and Chinese etc etc....not saying servants and slaves were equal but its acceptable and common to have same race slaves in the old times, these slavery were less brutal.

Then Whites owned blacks.
edit on 7/17/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Less brutal? Lower caste Indians were often raped, beaten, and killed by their masters. Ditto with "indentured servants" in the US. One reason why indentured servitude was outlawed by the same amendment that outlawed slavery.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

I learned about Indentured Servants in history class, but it was never presented in a way that made it comparable to black slavery. It was called something different, and they polished the silver and stuff like that. They were made out to be like people clean houses today. This history is purposely presented to appear less cruel or dehumanizing than black slavery because it is convenient to the Elitist agenda. In this way, they can perpetuate racial divide and use it as fodder for civil unrest, just as they have done with the Zimmerman trial.
Hollywood movies have also depicted history in the same manner as the history books. We would see the ships with the slaves in chains and the white guy coming around with the whip, and such, or the slaves working on the plantations. White servants depicted polishing the silver and fixing the hair of their owner's wives. They just left out some of the important details.

I think the NWO has some awful things planned for all of us. Probably some things even George Orwell never dreamed up.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Truly grateful to the OP for that well written post, very insightful and definitley food for thought.
Thankyou

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join