It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 tanks for soccer 2022world cup game? yes it is real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
yes 118 tanks and 16 tank howitzers have been bought or soon will be by Qatar for the 2022 world cup. Now for a long time I have that that this sport was of violence , not the game but by the spectators. [name any sport where if you cheer for the wrong side you could wind up dead] now could be the sport that starts ww3 prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com... from the link

Qatar set to purchase 118 tanks to prepare for 2022 World Cup

Mike Prindiville

Jul 14, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
4 Comments
Qatar WC

Qatar is set to purchase 118 Leopard tanks and 16 tank howitzers from Germany in preparation for hosting the 2022 World Cup.

German newspaper Bild am Sonntag made the announcement Sunday claiming the oil-rich nation will pay several billion dollars to German defense manufacturer Krauss-Maffei Wegmann and defense tech group Rheinmetall.

The deal comes after the government of German Chancellor Angela Merkel approved the initial purchase of 62 Leopard tanks and 24 howitzers this past spring.

Arms exportation has long been a sensitive issue in Germany. After World War Two, West German and united German governments placed tight restrictions on arms exports, especially to regions where there were armed conflicts or which had poor human rights records.

Over time, however, restrictions have laxed and now Merkel’s opposition in the upcoming Chancellor election set for this September, Social Democrat Peer Steinbrueck, is claiming that if he wins he will put the clamps on the current arms export surge.

As to Qatar, the decision to ramp up security appears to be a reactionary move to the increasing number of violent incidents surrounding world football, and, in particular Brazil, as it prepares to host the 2014 World Cup next June.

More: Brazilian soccer match ends in brutality
More: FIFA responds to Brazilian protests with $100 million social fund
More: FIFA denies Confederations Cup will be cancelled as protests intensify
Now why ww3 think of this Israel wins over say Pakistan or Iran or any other mid east nation riots break out and out come the tanks whom do you think will get the blame ?
edit on 15-7-2013 by bekod because: line edit, word Correction

edit on 15-7-2013 by bekod because: line edit, word Correction

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Okay.. I get the tanks. Kinda. Some leaders think it looks really really cool to have tanks on the street during a period of high security. They strike me as the least useful of the bunch that could be there, but hey, they DO look cool.

Howitzers?! ARTILLERY?! What the heck kind of response do they have in mind if the fans DO riot like has happened before? An Artillery Barrage on the offending seat section?!

Something ain't right here. Big big red flags.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree this is why i put it here but if you read there is a chance this will not go through as planned, but then.. anything that will cause mans demise, usually goes through as planned.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The real question is if the Govt./Military is willing to put this type of front for a frickin' game of kick ball, how much is it worth to them?

Because you know they are getting something in return right?

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

yes it is a win win for the nation of Qatar is getting new weapons to play with and Germany gets Billions to spend form ht OP link

German newspaper Bild am Sonntag made the announcement Sunday claiming the oil-rich nation will pay several billion dollars to German defense manufacturer Krauss-Maffei Wegmann and defense tech group Rheinmetall.
It's a win win, but you know some one will lose in 2022. Will the winning score be the ending of us all ?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Socker....is spelled Soccer.

Ur welcome.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
By now its not really anything to surprised about, remember london 2O12, anti missile defense on apartements. They had like what 20.OOO troops stationed during the games? And Air carrier on the Themes? Not including the American Military personal.

Now Brazil, Brazil will have quite the force.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

thanks to may times have I seen one get socked at a Soccer game, so to me it is a socker game.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

yes that will be a place to watch for more than just the game. it too is building up its forces one could make a thread out it as well www.usatoday.com... i robots off all things.... in 2014, a few years a head, but then who's counting. could be a test bed for 2022 games

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Finally... something that makes sense... they are going to use the tanks to destroy the ones playing soccer as well as those that pay the money to actually go and watch it live. Their next step will be to systematically destroy all professional soccer players and fans to finally rid the world of this worthless sport.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Yeah, Brazil is gonna get messy.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Something ain't right here. Big big red flags.

I agree, I think this is less about the hosting of the event and more about increasing the ability to deal with internal unrest.

Governments have to be extremely careful when it comes to arming themselves against their own public, just making it obvious that this is the case risks creating that backlash before they can prepare for it.

IMO, this is nothing to do with football, and everything to do with them seeing what's happening around the world and filling their pants now that they've realized they are ill-equipped to deal with civil unrest or a revolution in their own country.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
One other possibility is they are expanding their army and are using the Olympics as a cover to attract less attention? All in the name of.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

World War III is not going to break out over a game of FOOTBALL.

There may be civil unrest in Qatar.
There may be a terrorist attack.
But none of that would lead towards any major military confrontation involving superpowers.

I think it's customary to beef up security nowadays at all major sporting events.
Look at The Olympics last year in London - increased armed police, missile launchers placed on buildings etc - it wasn't a harbinger of doom - in fact nothing untoward happened at all - apart from UK athlete's actually winning something.

However, it is true to say that FOOTBALL can stir real passion in people;
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

Now why ww3 think of this Israel wins over say Pakistan or Iran or any other mid east nation riots break out and out come the tanks whom do you think will get the blame ?

NIKE, adidas, puma, etc

ETA: This is ATS after all.
edit on 15-7-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

it already is beheading over a game? one link to it deadspin.com... there are others.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Yeah, read that story on my local newspaper, its just the result of rising tensions between the people. People are frustrated, no wonder, we are being boiled.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

one mans death could not start a war... WW1, sanctions could not start a war... WW2.... A game could not start a war?or could it.

top topics

join