It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least two, possibly more wounded in Knoxville shootout

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

At least two, possibly more wounded in Knoxville shootout

www.knoxnews.com

KNOXVILLE — At least two and possibly more people were wounded during a shootout at a Knoxville public housing complex Sunday night.

The shooting was reported about 7:45 p.m. on the 1700 block of Reed Street, where one resident reported hearing more than 20 shots in an exchange of gunfire in the Western Heights development.

Moments later, two males turned up in a bullet-riddled Dodge Caravan on the corner of Clinch Avenue and 20th Street, outside Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center.

One occupant was pulled from the vehicle by responding firefighters, who immediately began CPR befor
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I pulled this from my local news for a reason.This happens almost every week here in some of these public government housing in my City. They cracked down and no longer allowed fellons to live there but the crime and violence has tripled since they did this.
Not to mention any names but some of the most connected gang leaders and soldiers frequent these areas. I should know, I knew them. Is it going to come down to banning these areas to the general public for saftey or making them like the jail pods in the local detention facility. I think you could put ten police officers on duty in these places and it would only get worse.When I was youger we used to drop off a laborer their and he had more firepower in his apartment than the national gard. He kept an AK-47 in every room!

www.knoxnews.com

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
S&F

I'm just hoping this has nothing to do with any 'Trayvon Martin' protesting...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Just "Law abiding gun owners" exercising their constitutional rights to bear arms.

Guns are good, guns are safe, everyone should have several guns on them at all times. An armed society is a polite society.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Just "Law abiding gun owners" exercising their constitutional rights to bear arms.

Guns are good, guns are safe, everyone should have several guns on them at all times. An armed society is a polite society.

You must be new here.

Responsible gun ownership is a civic duty.
Learning how to safely handle, store, and use a firearm
is something that makes everyone safer.

This man knows.
And he's trying to get through to his peers.

This is the little "12 year old girl" he is talking about.

I don't know about you,
but I feel perfectly safe.

Mike

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Doubtful. Many of those carrying and discharging firearms in areas like this are convicted felons who have no legal right to bear arms. They are the real problem with guns, not the vast majority of owners who follow the law. Guns are no better or worse than the person behind them

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Oh no, don't you understand? According to gun rights advocates, those laws that forbid felons from having unhindered access to any firearm they wish are completely unconstitutional.

So, therefore by gun rights advocates' "expertise" in constitutional law, anyone in possession and discharging any firearm are well within their rights as law abiding gun owners.

See, according to gun rights advocates, the entirety of the US Constitution is stated "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed". There is no first part to that sentence, no other text in the US Constitution at all exists.

See, people can't even be murdered by guns, because guns don't kill people. it's just stupid people getting in the way of a law abiding gun owner's bullet. Nothing at all illegal about that. Because according to gun rights advocates, murder, is an unconstitutional law because it violates the only text in the entirety of the United States Constitution because it would infringe on the people's rights to keep and bear arms.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Doubtful. Many of those carrying and discharging firearms in areas like this are convicted felons who have no legal right to bear arms. They are the real problem with guns, not the vast majority of owners who follow the law. Guns are no better or worse than the person behind them

It is close to impossible to verify if person should or should not own a gun.

For example, every gun retailer should send all gun sale data if they ever decide to close business. Most of them do, but piles of documents that get sent contain everything, from use of toilet paper to incomplete records. Worst of all, current gun law allows them to record sale on any kind of paper... Folks trying to make this data readable and searchable are just fighting loosing battle. They got even note from landlord of building that building might collapse because of size and quantity of paper boxes they are trying to process.

Just to verify I did not dream it... I found that story...

"When we pass 10,000 boxes here, GSA [the General Services Administration], who owns the building, warned us that the floor will collapse," Houser says. "So what we've had to do is rent shipping containers, and then we put those out in the parking lot, and we have to send people out into the shipping containers to search boxes."

NPR: The Low-Tech Way Guns Get Traced

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I heard about this earlier this morning. Sadly I am just getting used to hearing about it. I avoid certain areas like the plague both day and night, and others especially at night. One of my daughters best friends lived over in one of those areas and I had to go pick her up one night(her mom was sick and my daughter offered to let her come over). When I entered the "area" there was cops sitting there. None inside. When I left I got pulled over for looking suspicious. Middle aged white guy in a new sports car at 11pm.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Oh no, don't you understand? According to gun rights advocates, those laws that forbid felons from having unhindered access to any firearm they wish are completely unconstitutional.

I challenge you to show me one instance that a gun rights advocate said they thought convicted felons should be allowed to have guns.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I challenge you to show me one instance that a gun rights advocate said they thought convicted felons should be allowed to have guns.

just every single time they type in all caps "WHAT PART OF SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?"

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by goou111

just every single time they type in all caps "WHAT PART OF SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?"

SO YOU CAN'T SHOW ME ONE? Just one man

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chisisiCoptos

I pulled this from my local news for a reason.This happens almost every week here in some of these public government housing in my City. They cracked down and no longer allowed fellons to live there but the crime and violence has tripled since they did this.
Not to mention any names but some of the most connected gang leaders and soldiers frequent these areas. I should know, I knew them. Is it going to come down to banning these areas to the general public for saftey or making them like the jail pods in the local detention facility. I think you could put ten police officers on duty in these places and it would only get worse.When I was youger we used to drop off a laborer their and he had more firepower in his apartment than the national gard. He kept an AK-47 in every room!

www.knoxnews.com

Thats why my family loves SOLWAY!! ...none of that mess. Hardin Valley Boys ruled until the late 90's.

E.TN was great before half of New England flooded it starting 6yrs ago

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Guns for Felons

NRA to the rescue.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chisisiCoptos

Really??!! I am in Knoxville several times a year and I never figured it for a violent place. It's so close to all the touristy areas.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Oh this is garbage. Gun rights advocates groups always support gun laws that prevent felons from having guns.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You are completely delusional . Law abiding gun owners are not the problem., and you know it.

There are already laws in place that they do not enforce.

If every law abiding citizen had a gun you would see less gun crime.

In places like Chicago (the murder capital of the country) Tougher gun laws don't seem to work. The same goes with D.C.

Even in Illinois they are starting to wise up. They just passed a concealed weapons law.

Now go take your meds and stop bothering the sane people.

edit on 15-7-2013 by Diisenchanted because: fixed spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Speaking as someone who grew up in Knoxville, I'm not too surprised... but the crime rate shooting upwards concerns me a little bit more than the single shooting.

As a previous poster said, I hope this has nothing to do with any "Kill Zimmerman" protesting.

Step 1 - Emotionally blackmail, and therefore divide, the cultures and subcultures that make up America.

Step 2 - Watch the ignorant citizens of both sides get angry at one another, and watch as the crime rate shoots upwards and innocent people are hurt

Step - As a *solution* to the media-manifested crime raise, pass more laws, and establish more control over the people by doing so.

That's what it looks like to me...

Here comes the "Guns are evil" propaganda... I give it maybe a month before more gun control whining is on the news, and we're facing even more restrictions and bans.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by chisisiCoptos

Really??!! I am in Knoxville several times a year and I never figured it for a violent place. It's so close to all the touristy areas.

Knox County IS the crossroads.. there are more drug trafficking thru the I-40 and I-75 interchange than any other in the USA.

Oak Ridge has put a permanent cloud or fog over the anderson/knox area. AMericas secret city has more PhD's and more LEO's per capita than anywhere in the US.

passersby and those new to the area are completely clueless to whats going on.

For one, the nations biggest gang task force is in knoxville. there are numerous gangs fighting for the crossroads.

Italian, Russian, Gangster disciples, outlaws m/c, HAMC, warlocks m/c, and multiple south am cartels,

man. people have NO CLUE... quite literally
edit on 16-7-2013 by HanzHenry because: grammar

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

You realize that when people say that. They're talking about the majority of us who have never done anything to warrant loss of a right. People who've committed violent crimes have lost their right to bear arms, it's one of the deterrents to crime.

For someone who claims to be an independent voter, you seem awfully far left.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join