It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman lawyer to move 'asap' against NBC News

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Zimmerman lawyer to move 'asap' against NBC News

www.washingtonpost.com

Last night’s not-guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial will enable the neighborhood-watch volunteer to resume his case against NBC News for the mis-editing of his widely distributed call to police. Back in December, Zimmerman sued NBC Universal Media for defamation over the botched editing, which depicted him as a hardened racial profiler.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Here’s how NBC News, in a March 27, 2012, broadcast of the “Today” show, abridged the tape of Zimmerman’s comments to a police dispatcher on the evening of Feb. 26, 2012:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

The full tape went like this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about. Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

I'm sure we all remember this gem from NBC. They and the other MSM outlets have an agenda to create a racial divide in the USA, which is unfortunately working. This case clearly has a lot of peoples emotions running high and what's to come will be the final product of this agenda. Will they be successful?. Violence and looting were threatened via Facebook, Tweets, etc, prior to the verdict and protests have taken place all across the country against it. It's kinda funny how easily people will take to the streets over this case but ignore what their gov'ts & their cronies are getting away with.

I wish all the luck to Zimmerman and hope he gets a victory over NBC

NBC's response?

NBC Universal Media responded to the Zimmerman complaint by noting that other media outlets played up the racial angle of Zimmerman’s deadly encounter with Trayvon Martin.

Oh well okay then, our bad, you're off the hook NBC

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-7-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The media.. corrupt and misleading?
stop it.. surely you must be joking..

L...O...L

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I wish him luck also.

If we can't have truth from the media, maybe they can pay for their lying at least.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
With his lawsuit I would demand that each individual all the way up the chain that had any knowledge of this edit be terminated before a settlement could be reached. I also hope he starts with an astronomical number and holds his ground on it and doesn't accept a meager out of court settlement.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Of course, the majority of us here on ATS are well aware of this which is probably what lead many of us here in the first place, but there are plenty of folks out there who get their news directly from the boob tube and really aren't aware so I hope this case is a massive win for Zimmerman. It'll send a message to those who control the flow of info and to their loyal viewers.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure if my sarcasm detector is working.
Let's log onto ATS and check out.

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
The media.. corrupt and misleading?
stop it.. surely you must be joking..

L...O...L

Mike

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
With his lawsuit I would demand that each individual all the way up the chain that had any knowledge of this edit be terminated before a settlement could be reached. [color=gold] I also hope he starts with an astronomical number and holds his ground on it and doesn't accept a meager out of court settlement.

Me too.

As asymmetrical as the power relationship was...
Tiny little Zimm vs massive media conglomerate NBC

He should sue them for their entire home.

It's only fair.

Mike
edit on 14-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Good, and I hope he wins. Editing the transcripts was beyond irresponsible. If they wanted to edit them, they could have edited like this:

Here is a transcript of the call to police

Keep in mind that neighbourhood had repeated breakins and burglaries. One was even a home invasion with a mother and child hiding in a room of a house until police arrived, there were keys being stolen from inside a house and a car rental taken, and there were missing items from people's garages. One of these incidents was by a group of kids who lived in the neighbourhood.

Zimmerman:

We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.

This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about. [00:25]

Zimmerman:

Yeah, a dark hoodie like a gray hoodie. He wore jeans or sweat pants and white tennis shoes. He’s here now … he’s just staring. [00:42]

911 dispatcher:

He’s just walking around the area, the houses? OK.

Zimmerman:

Now he’s staring at me. [00:48]

Zimmerman:

Yeah, now he’s coming toward me. He’s got his hands in his waist band.

And he’s a black male.[1:03]

911 dispatcher:

How old would you say he is?

Zimmerman:

He’s got something on his shirt. About like his late teens.

911 dispatcher:

Late teens?

Zimmerman:

Uh, huh.

Something’s wrong with him. Yep, he’s coming to check me out.

He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is. [01:20]

911 dispatcher:

Let me know if he does anything, OK?

Zimmerman:

OK.

911 dispatcher:

Are you following him? [2:24]

Zimmerman:

Yeah. [2:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK.

We don’t need you to do that. [2:26]

Zimmerman:

OK. [2:28]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, we do have them on the way. Do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there?

Zimmerman:

Yeah.

911 dispatcher:

Alright, where are you going to meet with them at?

Zimmerman:

Um, if they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the clubhouse and, uh, straight past the clubhouse and make a left and then go past the mailboxes you’ll see my truck. [3:10]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, what address are you parked in front of? [3:21]

Zimmerman:

Um, I don’t know. It’s a cut-through so I don’t know the address. [3:25]

And probably the most important part of the transcript:

Zimmerman:

It’s a home. It’s 1950 – oh, crap, I don’t want to give it out – I don’t know where this kid is [inaudible] [3:40]

911 dispatcher:

OK, do you just want to meet with them at the mailboxes then? [3:42]

Zimmerman:

Yeah, that’s fine. [3:43]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, I’ll let them know you’ll meet them at …

Zimmerman:

Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at? [3:49]

911 dispatcher:

OK, that’s no problem.

Zimmerman lost track of Martin. He didn't even want to say his address out loud in case Martin overheard it. He wasn't stalking him like prey. He initially followed him for a second, was told to stop, did stop, and was then making arrangements to meet up with police.

Another important fact by Martin's girlfriend is that Martin had made it back to the house he was staying at already, but decided to sneak up on and confront Zimmerman.
edit on 14-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I applaud this. I think that Zimmerman bares responsibility for what happened that night, but screw MSNBC.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Manufactured Racism.
Good term.

And yes absolutely.
Had he shot another hispanic person I don't think this would of gotten the media attention that it did.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

NBC Universal Media responded to the Zimmerman complaint by noting that other media outlets played up the racial angle of Zimmerman’s deadly encounter with Trayvon Martin.

Oh well okay then, our bad, you're off the hook NBC

That's rich.

"You've been caught robbing a bank Jimmy."

Jimmy: Yeah, but they was doing it too they was!

-

Sir, your under fire because the public learned about you stealing money from tax coffers.

"But so was everyone else."

-

That has to be the worst response I've ever heard. Their communications and PR people should be fired.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I hope he wins his case. In another case didn't CNN flash his address across the screen? It's time for this MSM mafia to be put in its place. Tired of them getting into everything and mixing up facts with no consequences. Not even from this case. Look at how bad the MSM mis-managed the Boston bombings. It's despicable.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I also hope he can sue for false arrest and malicious prosecution! And sue the prosecutor who insisted it was racial profiling after the verdict. And if the parents bring a civil suit, he should counter sue for allowing their child to attack him.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Swills

Manufactured Racism.
Good term.

And yes absolutely.
Had he shot another hispanic person I don't think this would of gotten the media attention that it did.

Had Zimmerman been black, or Martin was a hispanic, these same people crying wouldn't give two #s.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I'd say his unedited conversation makes him sound like a paranoid wackadoodle too. "Oooh, some guy is outside walking in the rain and looking around. He is obviously up to no good and possibly -- if not likely -- on drugs."

Last time I checked, news networks often cut out portions of audio and video recordings when they broadcast them. And often enough journalists in various media take comments out of context. Anyone remember the smear video of Shirley Sherod, which took her comments out of context and got her fired. I forget the name of the toad who was responsible for that hit piece.

This is a frivolous law suit and I hope the judge throws it out and fines him for wasting the public court system's resources on it.

On the other hand, the issue of giving out the home addresses of suspects by the news media is another matter. That should be a felony and as well as be susceptible to lawsuits. There's no reason such information should be given out, and it can cause emotional duress as well as physical danger to a person.

However, now that we know this paranoid creep Zimmerman, who has a history of violence, gets to have his gun back, any black man will be within his rights to shoot him on sight, for fear of Zimmerman shooting him. Zimmerman now has a documented record of going out of his way to confront black men and shooting them.

Zimmerman was right about one thing however: in his call to the police he says "these f'n punks always get away with it". He was right about it in his own case as an f'n punk.

edit on 15-7-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

This is [color=gold] a frivolous law suit and I hope the judge throws it out and fines him for wasting the public court system's resources on it.

Over the decades how many reputations and lives have been desolated by media lies?

This is a long overdue lawsuit
and I hope the Judge throws NBC out on the street
and gives Zimmerman their former home.

You know,
that little place they have
up Chicago way.

Mike

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

QUOTE:

There were at least eight burglaries in the 14 months before Zimmerman’s encounter with Martin. Numerous media accounts admit that “most” of these were committed by black males. I’m waiting to hear about a single crime at Twin Lakes that was not committed by a black male.

Just six months before Zimmerman’s encounter with Martin, two men had broken into the home of a neighbor, Olivia Bertalan, while she was alone with her infant son. She had just enough time to call 911 before running upstairs and locking herself in a room. The burglars knew she was home, but proceeded to rob the place anyway, even trying to enter the locked room where she held her crying child.Bertalan had seen the burglars just before they broke into her house — one at the front door and one at the back. They were young black males. They lived in the Retreat by Twin Lakes.

In another case, a black teenager strode up to Zimmerman’s house and, in broad daylight, stole a bicycle off the front porch. The bike was never recovered.

Weeks before Zimmerman saw Martin, he witnessed another young black male peering into the window of a neighbor’s house. He called the cops, but by the time they arrived, the suspect was gone.

A few days later, another house was burglarized. The thieves made off with jewelry and a new laptop. Roofers working across the street had seen two black teenagers near the house at the time of the robbery. When they spotted one of the teens the next day, they called the police.

This time, the roofers followed the suspect so he wouldn’t get away. The cops arrived and found the stolen laptop in his backpack. This was the same black teenager Zimmerman had seen looking in a neighbor’s window.

The only reason it’s hard to imagine the Zimmerman case with the races reversed is that it’s hard to imagine a white teenager living in a mixed-race, middle-class community, mugging a black homeowner. This is not a problem of society’s reactions, but of the facts.

There is, however, at least one case of a black homeowner fatally shooting a white troublemaker. He was not charged with murder.

In 2006, the ironically named John White was sound asleep at his nice Long Island home when his teenage son woke him to say there was a mob of white kids shouting epithets in front of the house. The family was in no imminent danger. They could have called 911 and remained safely behind locked doors.

But White grabbed a loaded Beretta and headed out to the end of the driveway to confront the mob. A scuffle ensued and White ended up shooting one of the kids in the face, killing him.

White was charged and convicted only of illegal weapons possession — this was New York, after all — and involuntary manslaughter. He was sentenced to 20 months-to-four years in prison, but after serving five months was pardoned by Gov. David Paterson.

With all due compassion for the kid who was killed, the public was overwhelmingly on the father’s side — a fact still evident in Internet postings about the case. The kids were punks menacing a law-abiding homeowner. Even the prosecutor complained only that Paterson hadn’t called the victim’s family first. The local NAACP had campaigned aggressively on White’s behalf. There were no threats to riot in case of an acquittal.

The centerpiece of White’s self-defense argument was his recollection of his grandfather’s stories about the Ku Klux Klan. George Zimmerman’s memory of young black males committing crimes at Twin Lakes is somewhat more recent.

John White wasn’t jumped, knocked to the ground, repeatedly punched, and his skull knocked against the ground. He wasn’t even touched, though he claimed the white teen was lunging at him. Talk about no reason to “follow,” there was no reason for him to leave the safety of his locked home. White’s son knew the kids by name. They could have waited for the cops.

So, yes, this case probably would be very different if Zimmerman and Martin’s races were reversed. It is only when the victim is black that we must have a show trial, a million-dollar reward paid to the victim’s parents and the threat of riots. END QUOTE:

Double standard..A total bunch of raciest B.S. or the simple truth of the circumstances Zimmerman found himself in.......The neighborhood had problems, that is why he was there for the neighborhood watch detail. Did both of them screw up, no doubt; given the circumstances of the last 6 months in the neighborhood ... you decide either way IMO one is dead and ones life is ruined..

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
He should sue NBC ... and he should sue BIG.
He should sue the New Black Panthers ... and he should sue BIG.
He should sue Spike Lee ... and he should sue BIG.
And he should sue the celebrities that have been irresponsible .. like the Giants Wide Receiver Victor Cruz tweeted something about how he thought 'the hood' should 'get' Zimmerman (paraphrase).

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isittruee
I hope he wins his case. In another case didn't CNN flash his address across the screen? It's time for this MSM mafia to be put in its place. Tired of them getting into everything and mixing up facts with no consequences. Not even from this case. Look at how bad the MSM mis-managed the Boston bombings. It's despicable.

Yes, during the actual trial, CNN showed a document unredacted that had George's address, which is likely different now, but also his social security number. This was during the "wanna be cop" day, when they showed he was denied his application due to bakruptcy.

His SSN was instantly tweeted due to this egregious error by CNN, with threats to destroy George financially.I don't know who would wish to steal his identity, but it was threatened to be done for financial gain.

CNN issued an apology, stating that usually documents like that go throuh someone before they are aired, but someone obvioiusly messed up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join