It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOUBLE SPEAK now is EVERYWHERE!! even motor oil additives for autos.... THIS IS MUST READ.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hi friends and frenemies,

I fell for a popup add on another site, It was for this engine addivtive called eco-tek. Well, I am reading away at how engine flushes are so awesome. The company has various different fluids and videos to watch. I started reading them a little while ago and was becoming more interested.

On the engine flush article it goes over the process, why and how..

then at the bottom of the page this is what i see..verbatim

We do not recommend engine flushes on old vehicles or new or almost new vehicles.

WTF!
excuse me?

Ok, great.. Sooooo, which car is it for exactly.

UTTER MADNESS!!

ROFLMAO

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Sounds like you need Goldilocks to figure out which one is 'just right'.

Personally, I've found that when I start putting non-essential additives in, a car starts into a steady decline it never really recovers from. Thats my experience tho.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It reminds me of a medication I had to take once when it said "Take three times per day on an empty stomach". I was like "When the hell am I supposed to eat?"

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Well on new or newer vehicles they use specially made oil for engine break-ins, I also would not recommend flushing out the break-in oil.

On older vehicles the reason why they say not to change from mineral oil to synthetic is because the synthetic can dislodge carbon build up and could potentially give your car problems. The same applies for an engine flush on an older vehicle that has mainly been using regular mineral oil, you dont' want deposits moving around freely.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Kinda like that verizon sparkler commercial that shows right after the one that says not to use sparklers on the fourth of july?

new topics

top topics

join