It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remark by Obama Complicates Military Sexual Assault Trials

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
1- Maybe it's intentional?

2-I thought that he was a lawyer?

1-of course it's intentional, same thing with the Trayvon case, anything to create division.

2-see 1
he's being the perfect tool.

edit on 15-7-2013 by TheMagus because: corrected to prevent "confusion" as occurred to HauntWok

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

his handlers obviously want a race war, anything to create division.

Sexual predators are a race now? When did that happen?

His words won't have any real effect on any judge worth their robes. Judges don't look at the administration to decide their cases, they look to the law, evidence, and testimony presented to make an informed decision.

Shady defense lawyers are the only ones that are pushing this BS. And it's got to be on incompetent judge to take this argument seriously enough to derail a case because of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by TheMagus

his handlers obviously want a race war, anything to create division.

His words won't have any real effect on any judge worth their robes. Judges don't look at the administration to decide their cases, they look to the law, evidence, and testimony presented to make an informed decision.

Shady defense lawyers are the only ones that are pushing this BS. And it's got to be on incompetent judge to take this argument seriously enough to derail a case because of it.

siiiggh...the race war is only in reference to the martin case
obviously his "brilliant" remarks regarding Military Sexual Assault Trials Complicates the matter
of putting an end to military rape culture by giving said shady lawyers a leg up [being one himself]

thanks, i see I made a bad edit there and will correct it

as for:

they, along with psychopaths and pedophiles are, IMO, to be considered a separate species

*a subject that WILL get you banned, if it cuts too close to the bone

edit on 15-7-2013 by TheMagus because: added edit & comment

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Oddly enough, for once I agreed with something he said and think this is a bizarre argument of those with guilt trying to say, oh now its going to be harsher, so not fair. He didn't say accused of, he said those who do this.

Um...have no problem with what he said.

Do those who think war is rape and plunder have a problem?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

O'bama is a lawyer. He knows exactly what he does. Misogyny is rampant in this administration. He makes no decisions. I believe him to be just another puppet for the real "powers that be".

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

He is truly so stupid he cannot help it. He never graduated from law school, he never passed the bar and he has never had a job in his life. His incompetence is an embarrassment to the entire country

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

It's not an "oops". It's not a "my bad" a mistake, a misinterpretation.

This is a clear indicator that Obama is not qualified to hold the position. He has never been qualified. He is not a leader.

He was a community organizer who still acts as one. A divider. An opinionated professional instigator.

Just my humble opinion.

Yes because no other presidents says stupid stuff.

We aren't even going to talk about our favorite president that has an entire archival website dedicated to all of the stupid things he said over the years. www.dubyaspeak.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

whats so wrong about what he said?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

The question is simple, is it a nation of rule of law, or is it a nation of rule by decree.

The opinion of the president should never create confusion in legal matters - its none of his business.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

When President Obama proclaimed that those who commit sexual assault in the military should be “prosecuted, stripped of their positions, court-martialed, fired, dishonorably discharged,” it had an effect he did not intend: muddying legal cases across the country.

Why? Obama is a Christian. The Old Testament says it is legal to engage in felony rape as long as you marry the girl afterwards.

Isn't there something in the Bible about those or a man who would change the law?

Christ said he didn't come to do away with Old Testament law.

According to Old Testament law in the Bible (and I assure you the men who founded this country, many of them were Christian) it's only a violation of Old Testament law to fail to marry the girl.

The military fights to uphold freedom of religion, therefore it stands to reason and logic that if you fight to guarantee UNLIMITED religious freedom that you guarantee the laws, conduct, and norms promoted by those religions you fight to protect.

But here is the next hum-dinger. If felony rape is wrong, and the Bible both condones it and in opposition to condoning rape that as a tenet of the Christian faith that you are supposed to obey the law in which you live, how can the Bee Tea (felony internet downloading of felony sexual material) cause earthquakes and meteors.

It seems to me if one felony sexual behavior is promoted by the Bible another felony sexual behavior or ANY felony behavior shouldn't get people killed.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

You know... I think this is the 2nd thread today that I've said this......

Judging by the fact that your statement is completely unrelated and does nothing more than to derail this thread...

You are an idiot......

(Note to Mods: Again what other conclusion am I supposed to draw from this sort of idiotic rambling?!)
edit on 16-7-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

What was the Britney Spears song. Oh yea! "Oops! I did it again".

www.nytimes.com...

I thought that he was a lawyer?

I had that same thought...

He is obviously not a very good one especially for a "Harvard lawyer"...
edit on 16-7-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I cannot understand what is wrong with what he said or why the military is acting the way it is. Of course those who commit sexual crimes should lose their jobs and be kicked out. Why wouldn't they? And why did him making he feelings known cause judges to toss cases? It makes no sense at all to me and I have tried to understand it.

So, could someone who understands what he said was wrong and why the military is acting they way it is please explain it to me?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Robonakka

Read the article. It explains it all. Civilian courts have also been influenced in this manner. It's a matter of outside influence.

Can you imagine if the jury in the Zimmerman case kept hearing voices outside the wall that they were going to be dealt with if they found him not guilty.

That would be a way of influenceing a jury.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join