It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train derailed in Paris

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
370+ passengers on board.
7 dead so far - many casualties.

Updated death toll in the coming hours.
Expected to rise.

rt.com...

edit on 12-7-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

not to shift the topic of this thread (sorry..
) but to throw some thoughts out there for anyone interested...

life as we know it is about to change. okay maybe not fact (yet) but true.

this means the foundation upon which we exist. live. create. is going to change. okay may not fact (yet) but true.

a big piece of this is space and time. how we move through it. why do you think in the pics of the freemasons there is a clock on the wall above and behind them. a big piece of this is how we move through space and time. which includes transportation. why do you think in so many songs (rhianna does this a lot) she says until the clock runs out. until time (the concept of past and future) no longer exists. no longer supported by the foundation upon which we exist. live. what replaces it is the NOW. this very moment. our true nature. time is ego. anyways i digress.

what happens above is a reflection of what happens below. the changes that have been occurring for a very long time now to the foundation upon which we exist (we can call it the underworld) is just about to hit real hard the collective world. the physical world.. the collapse. changing of the matrix. we are starting to see it now. in all of the transportation breakdowns. how we move through space and time mark my words is about to change. a whole new world is about to open up to us. keep your eyes open cause you are going to see a whole lot more i would imagine a whole helluva lot more to it all.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Strangely the BBC 6 O'clock news is on now in the UK...........the headline is the Heathrow fire where there are no reported casualties...........but they have made no mention of the Paris train incident..........even though it is a main story on the BBC website............ strange?

Edit: They have finally mentioned the Paris crash..........but it was about the 5th news item and only had about 1 minutes worth of coverage!............ really silly news editing if you ask me

edit on 12-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Good Lord, those poor people. The pictures look horrific for those who lived through that thing. My best thoughts and prayers go out to the lost and those in Hospital for injuries. Here is hoping no more move from the wounded to the lost lists.

I know how deeply Europe depends on it's train service. This must be quite a psychological blow as much as anything else. Right at the station too.... Wow. Sometimes, words come short of the feelings.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
I'm just tossing this out there.... Chicago's downtown Metra Lines have been under going "maintenance" down the Dan Ryan 90/94 and if something like this happens in Chicago, I will fully believe there is a unseen enemy engaging all countries...

So there may be something to either "Terrorists or False Flags" or both eh?

I dunno, I'm sure this will be spun out of reality.
I can already see the writing on the wall so far in this thread alone.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

I've done some work for the BBC. The TV News is edited by a different team to the website (although they sit in the same newsroom)

The lead story on the 6 O'clock will always be the most major event on UK soil (unless it's a world event on a 9/11 scale)

The website is edited with a more international audience in mind so it figures that they are leading with the train crash. No conspiracy, just the unique internal politics of the Beeb!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thank you OP for posting this.

I live in France and wasn't aware until i saw your thread and turned the news on straight afterwards.

According to BFM news over here no official information has been given out yet by the authorities about what actually happened and how many casulaties or fatalities so please people until this happens take all rumours you may hear with a pinch of salt.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

"The death toll is evolving constantly at this point and unfortunately it will probably rise," French Interior Minister Manuel Valls said. "At this stage there are seven people dead, several dozen wounded and some of them are serious."
rt.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by barwars47

I've done some work for the BBC. The TV News is edited by a different team to the website (although they sit in the same newsroom)

The lead story on the 6 O'clock will always be the most major event on UK soil (unless it's a world event on a 9/11 scale)

The website is edited with a more international audience in mind so it figures that they are leading with the train crash. No conspiracy, just the unique internal politics of the Beeb!

Thanks, I get that............but the top story the Heathrow plane fire:
second story was about Lee Rigby's funeral (The soldier killed in Woolwich)
the 3rd story about the blast at Tipton mosque (which they suspect was terrorism)
the 4 story was about school diners
and then 5th a brief mention about the Paris Crash.
Even regarding the international vs UK news priorities.........it still a peculiarly bad running order of news stories.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The prefecture in Paris has officially given a statement saying 6 dead, 12 gravely injured (9 of this with extreme injuries), however he says that these are provisional numbers and can be expected to rise.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thank you for your effort to keep us updated by local French media.
I figure the best information without the rumor mill is likely coming locally. I'm just wondering how long before the "They were murdered!" calls begin. Hopefully never....unless proof suggests otherwise ..but that's wishful thinking.

In the mean time, it really is valuable how ATS seems to have members more or less local to events almost anywhere in the world. It's what makes this place better than CNN or Fox most of the time (among other big differences..lol)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Rodinus

Thank you for your effort to keep us updated by local French media.
I figure the best information without the rumor mill is likely coming locally. I'm just wondering how long before the "They were murdered!" calls begin. Hopefully never....unless proof suggests otherwise ..but that's wishful thinking.

In the mean time, it really is valuable how ATS seems to have members more or less local to events almost anywhere in the world. It's what makes this place better than CNN or Fox most of the time (among other big differences..lol)

Much appreciated Wrabbit, although iunlimited did give some figures earlier on from RT. However, as RT is a foreign site they don't have the exact figures real time, they also said that Emmanuel Valls the French Interior minister gave these figures, which is erronated as the figures have been given by the prefecture who are actually organising the emergency situation. All a little confused right now... taking into account the short timelength since this terrible accident.

They also say that the prefecture has been put on what is called the "Plan Rouge" : The red plan, meaning that that all the Parisian hospitals have been put on standby and that the president will be arriving shortly (but who cares about the politician right now!)

This is the first weekend of large departures by train for the summer holidays so i expect that figures may be high.

I probably will not update until tomorrow awaiting a more clearer overview from the French Press and prefecture

So sad just 2 days before the French national holiday too.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
For those of you who are unaware -
today is the day of Lee Rigbys funeral service. (soldier killed in UK terrorist incident)

Also, a bomb exploded earlier today at a mosque in the west Midlands UK.
www.guardian.co.uk...

(just throwing it out there.)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Thanks iunlimited, luckily no-one was injured or killed?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Some images from TF1. Their website is here.
lci.tf1.fr...
There's live video from the "local" newsroom in the "local" language.
Google will translate the site to English, for those who aren't "local".

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wow. Once again, I learn things first at ATS- and I am, like Rodinus, in France!

I just didn't turn on my radio or tv yet. ATS first. Always.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Wow. Once again, I learn things first at ATS- and I am, like Rodinus, in France!

I just didn't turn on my radio or tv yet. ATS first. Always.

I will let you and Lebomb take over for a while as i have to leave the house shortly for the evening.

For info France 24 has an english news site here : www.france24.com... but seems to have not given the same figures as the prefecture for the moment

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Agreed, that is an odd running order - especially as it was confirmed there were no casualties on the Heathrow incident before 6pm.

I think, with the awful photos coming out of France right now the train derailment will be given more depth on the 10 O'Clock.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Right there with ya Slayer... I was tossing it out more as food for thought. Nay will I claim a false flag or terrorist attack... For all I know it's the delapadated infrastructure around the world that is just crumbling.

Although the uptick in train derailments may also just be coincidental

Any way that it rolls, I'm sorry to hear about this. For me personally it's sad to hear of life being loss, even if it is a daily occurance with birth and death~

I wait for more updates on this.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I was on this very train line just 3 days ago, coming back from Paris and was wondering to myself: "Gosh! This train is going really fast, more than usual... I can't imagine what could happens if it derails..."

What really scared me was the train speed when it crossed the stations.

My thoughts to the families

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join