It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anyway to stop the NSA from spying on U.S. citizens???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Clearly what's going is unconstitutional, NSA's Director Clapper clearly lied to congress, over 55% of people beleive Snowden is a hero, Obama is now putting in programs from all the hired spies/NSA employee's to be spying on each other to keep anyone from Whistleblowing.....

LIKE WTF ??????

It's like I woke up couple weeks ago, and the U.S. is upside down, completely opposite of what we once stood for.

And now what? Apathy. No one will do anything long as you got your junk food, favorite shows, paycheck, and internet.

But I would like to ask, is there anyway to stop what's going on? Or is it clearly too late with all these Alphabets having gone rouge?

By the way I'm not trolling. Serious question, and if you are scared to respond to this thread, that just shows in what kind of Country you live in, one where you are no longer free, but have to fear what you say, write, think
edit on 11-7-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Unless you can get people away from their television, they aint gonna do nothing.
Almost the entire global population gets it's daily instructions from the TV, and we all know who controls that.
Suppose you speak to your neighbor and explain whats going on, whats he going to do? He'll go indoors and see if its on the telly! If it isn't then your a nut job.

Job done.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ways yes:

1. Citizens legal action through courts
2. Citizens petition to white house
3. Stop using facebook, google eg any internet forum which is a known NSA data source.
4. Vote out any politician who doesn't verbally announce and embrace in political actions he/she is for bill of rights and for citizens privacy being protected against big brother intrusion.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Is there anyway to stop the NSA from spying on U.S. citizens???

Nope because they have been doing it a VERY LONG TIME long before Assange,long before Manning, long before Snowden, and the up coming next reality tv star.

Long before GW, long before the patriot act, hell long before the NSA was ever a glimmer in the eye of government.

I submit this For Reading.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yea, it's simple, unplug.

Turn off your cell phone, get off the internet.

Bam, government spying no longer a concern.

Otherwise, do what I do, don't give two [snip] about what they record. I am sure that some other people have some huge problem with government spying on everything they do online and over the phone. And I see their point. It is a violation of our personal sovereignty. I just have bigger things to worry about than the NSA.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

governments are nothing without people. so the question is that when the people of the world would wake up and it depends on their awareness.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Absolutely no way. Its gone on too long.

"National Security" bend and twists and scrunches every law there is...and anyone's argument against it. We have no recourse. None.

It will always be "we don't have to change anything. It is in the interests of "National Security". It will always get the same response...no matter how much we protest or how many "petitions' we deliver nor how many protests we march to.

The law and government is in their favor. It that sense...they don't have to do anything...except keep the status quo...and keep doing it. We gave them the power and there is no real way to recind it now.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Can't even stop them from spying on the planet - so no is your answer.

Stop doing illegal stuff so you don't have to be paranoid.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
Can't even stop them from spying on the planet - so no is your answer.

Stop doing illegal stuff so you don't have to be paranoid.

Its not about paranoia or illegal activity, its about constitutional rights.

All US citizens should be exempt, and now its like were all guilty til proven innocent and everyone now is a terrorist.

You might want to read the constitution and 1984 by orwell........this is not something to be apathetically nonchalant about.

Give em another 5-10 years and they'll be pulling you out of your house away from your family and off to a labor/re-education camp for even going on ATS.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

My current job doesn't allow me to speak my mind without repercussion. I have already c/w your recommendations.

I was pointing out a fact and a way one could minimize any anxiety towards that fact.

I may also agree to your stated ominous impending calamity.

top topics

join