It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Egyptian Gods are real.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Ha ha, fun fact: a series of plagues destroyed nearly the entire population of the native tribes between Columbus's "discovery" of America, and the first European settlers.

Before losing nearly their entire population to disease, the Native Americans were so terrifying that the Vikings didn't even mess with them. And remember, the Vikings sacked Rome, and kind of kick-started the whole Dark Ages thing. When the world's most ruthless marauders decide you're too tough to mess with, you're pretty darned tough.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GISMYS

God knows these spirits well. They do his bidding. Stop preaching . Not everyone holds to nonsense in a book written hundreds of years after the guy died.
He walked on water,turned the sea red ,healed the sick with the laying on of hands ,communed with the dead ,died and rose again ,made people out of other dead peoples insides,and you think this isn't the same as the stuff "demons" do ?
Yah ok .

Please go to some other thread more to your way of thinking .... This isn't the one for born again threads,for people trying to absolve their sins by making other weak minded people with inner demons ,convert to their way of thinking.
I'm pagan ,and proud of it. God couldn't give a crap that I am either,as he gets it all comes from one place.
He doesn't draw lines in the sand .

edit on 7/14/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Everything is demons to people with no clue about true spirituality . It's so tedious .

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Well,everyone has a different take on it. I think of it as a diamond. God sits on the top big facet ,and each smaller facet on the sides,are the relgions.
They all look at god with a different angle and refraction . Some facets are also bigger than others. It's sort of shows who is more enlightened .
God is god. There are lesser spirits who are sort of helpers. Not all are good. Those ,the bad ones ,are the " demons".
It's basically the teachings of Kardec .

People who rant and rave only this or that is correct ,are so arrogant.
Anyone who says,Nah nnyyahh nnnaaahhh ..my religion is better than your religion . My god can beat up your god ...gives me a massive headache . I just don't have the patience to entertain them,or be "ashamed" .
edit on 7/14/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

I couldn't agree with you more.

Any of these beings that have reached a higher level of energy/matter density Arn't automatically *demons* even the terms Deamon.

Daemons are good or benevolent nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves (see Plato's Symposium). Walter Burkert suggests that unlike the Judeo-Christian use of demon in a strictly malignant sense, “[a] general belief in spirits is not expressed by the term daimon until the 5th century when a doctor asserts that neurotic women and girls can be driven to suicide by imaginary apparitions, ‘evil daimones’. How far this is an expression of widespread popular superstition is not easy to judge… On the basis of Hesiod's myth, however, what did gain currency was for great and powerful figures to be honoured after death as a daimon…” [2] Daimon is not so much a type of quasi-divine being, according to Burkert, but rather a non-personified “peculiar mode” of their activity. In Hesiod's Theogony, Phaëton becomes an incorporeal daimon,[3] but, for example, the ills released by Pandora are deadly gods, keres ( lol Chris), not daimones.[2] From Hesiod also, the people of the Golden Age were transformed into daimones by the will of Zeus, to benevolently serve mortals as their guardian spirits; “good beings who dispense riches…

[nevertheless], they remain invisible, known only by their acts”.[4] The daimon of venerated heroes, were localized by the construction of shrines, so as not to restlessly wander, and were believed to confer protection and good fortune on those offering their respects. Characterizations of the daemon as a dangerous, if not evil, lesser spirit were developed by Plato and his pupil Xenocrates,[2][dubious – discuss] and later absorbed in Christian patristic writings along with Neo-Platonic elements. In the Old Testament, evil spirits appear in the book of Judges and in Kings. In the Greek translation of the Septuagint, made for the Greek-speaking Jews of Alexandria, the Greek ángelos (άγγελος: "messenger") translates the Hebrew word mal'ak, while daimon (or neuter daimonion) carries the meaning of a natural spirit that is less than divine (see supernatural) and translates the Hebrew words for idols, foreign gods, certain beasts, and natural evils.[5] The usage of daimon in the New Testament's original Greek text, caused the Greek word to be applied to the Judeo-Christian concept of an evil spirit by the early 2nd century AD.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just a wiki quote. Just gives you a brief outline of the differences.

www.crystalinks.com...

Mafdet

In early Egyptian mythology, Mafdet (also spelled Maftet) is depicted as a woman with the head of a cheetah. Her name means (she who) runs swiftly. She is present in the Egyptian pantheon as early as the First Dynasty. Mafdet was the deification of legal justice, or rather, of execution. Thus she was also associated with the protection of the king's chambers and other sacred places, and with protection against venomous animals, which were seen as transgressors against Ma'at. Since venomous animals such as scorpions and snakes are killed by felines, Mafdet was seen as a feline goddess, although it is uncertain whether alternately, she also was meant to be a cat, a mongoose, or a leopard. In reflection of the manner in which these animals kill snakes and she was given titles such as, slayer of serpents.

In art, Mafdet was shown as a feline, a woman with a feline head, or a feline with the head of a woman, sometimes with braided hair which ended in the tails of scorpions. At times she was shown with a headdress of snakes. She also was depicted as a feline running up the side of an executioner's staff. It was said that Mafdet ripped out the hearts of wrong-doers, delivering them to the pharaoh's feet, in a similar manner as domestic cats who present people with rodents or birds that they have killed or maimed. During the New Kingdom, Mafdet was seen as ruling over the judgment hall in Duat where the enemies of the pharaoh were decapitated with Mafdet's claw. Her cult was eventually replaced by that of Bast, another cat-goddess, a lioness warrior who was seen as the pharaoh's protector, but her cheetah imagery continued in association with the pharaohs including personal items and the bed upon which their mummies were placed. Mafdet as the bed upon which a mummy of a pharaoh is being attended to by Anubis

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

the English were created by the Germanic gods so even when believing in something else their natural abilities and traits come from them

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
So the old Egyptian gods are actually demons? Huh. So much more believable than just saying they don't exist.

Well, those in control of our society sure believe they exist. Take the Egyptian God of War, Horus, for example...

This is the South Australian Government logo, where I live...

It's missing the items in it's feet, but I guess the US version makes up for that. Note the Egyptian pyramid and the words "in god we trust" also...

Many governments around the world use variations of Horus as their logo. Even the Nazis did. Strange that two countries that appear to serve the save god of war were fighting each other during WWII? I think not...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join