It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Thoughts On D.N.A.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here's an idea I've been playing around with for a while...

What if everything we've ever experienced in our entire lives, is being recorded by our DNA? I think that would answer a lot of questions about some of the unseen things that we don't understand.

For instance, many people from all walks of life in this world, claim to recall having past lives. Imagine if all of your life experiences up until the moment you conceive a child, are stored in that child's DNA. Then when that child grows up and has a child, your file and his file are passed on to his child, and so on and so forth.

If that's the case, then I could see our DNA and what we consider our conscientiousness getting their wires crossed from time to time. Deja vu could be explained by this as well.

Omnipotence anyone? If indeed such files do exist, and let's say a higher intelligence has the ability to read them... for what other purpose would they exist if not to be judged?

Could we then consider our DNA our actual souls. Many believe the soul is an entity that leaves our bodies when we die... what if that's not how it works?

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Is this something new? Seems like you're rehashing ideas that have already been passed around.

gizmodo.com...
edit on 11-7-2013 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Idea? I thought this was exactly how it works, you carry the genetic memories of your ancestors within your dna.

Here is a cute link to read.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
not really a new idea but intresting.. its amazing how much data can be storages in dna.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
reply to post by Bone75

Idea? I thought this was exactly how it works, you carry the genetic memories of your ancestors within your dna.

Here is a cute link to read.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I found that thread fascinating the first time I read it, but I'm talking about actual memories rather than genetic traits such as how many toes I have. I mean our feelings, emotions, choices, thoughts... all of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I believe all those memories are indeed stored within dna, most if not all people just don't have access to those memories.

Those strange feelings of familiarity and memories that seem fabricated but too authentic may be signs.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
Is this something new? Seems like you're rehashing ideas that have already been passed around.

gizmodo.com...
edit on 11-7-2013 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your participation. Those who find some of the other things I mentioned in my post a bit wacky, might find your link to be somewhat interesting.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Now OP switch from the biological essence the DNA to the current carried electrical/energy sent from seed to seed family to family and so as families blend the current or vibration
spreads. more families the energy spreads where the dna may of weakened as it spread. This is hypothetical but yes dna or energy current
nice read OP

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Im no scientist, but i have always thought there is a similarity between dna and computer code, if this has any truth to it than i wonder what the code for free will is?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
reply to post by Bone75

I believe all those memories are indeed stored within dna, most if not all people just don't have access to those memories.

Those strange feelings of familiarity and memories that seem fabricated but too authentic may be signs.

So if its true, and our memories are being recorded by our DNA, would that not make an all knowing God possible?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Memories and experiences are not recorded on DNA, they are recorded in the brain and are erased when it dies (if not long before). DNA records only the physical instructions for making an organism.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

An interesting thought!
But that would mean his/her existence/experience would be kind of "wasted" if this person fails bearing any child.

Not a economic cosmos if so.

At least, there should be some "etheric DNA" as backup so if people die in an accident "they have nothing to lose"??

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Memories and experiences are not recorded on DNA, they are recorded in the brain and are erased when it dies (if not long before). DNA records only the physical instructions for making an organism.

Prove it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Have your brain taken out. See how much you can remember without it.

Is that answer idiotic enough for you?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

No need for the insult. If you're not interested in exploring the possibilities with me then I'm sure you can find something more to your liking around here.

I asked you to prove it. Your silly analogy didn't accomplish that at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

No need for the insult.

What insult? I answered a frivolous demand in an appropriately frivolous way.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

S&F man, all things considered it's a really thought-provoking concept!

That being said, I don't think it would necessarily validate the claim of an all-knowing being. I believe the claim for "God" stands on its own, since its existence is entirely possible in spite of anything we may learn in the future, and I'm saying this as an outright non-believer.

Either way, it is awesome. It'll be nice to see where this discussion goes.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

Suppose you had a radio, and the radio was playing a song, and you wondered whether the song was recorded on the radio, so you took a single piece out of the radio and it stopped playing the song. Does that mean that the song is recorded on the piece that you took out?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It's a neat idea. I have a hard time logistically seeing it work, though. Your DNA pretty much stays the same from the time you are born to the time you die (with minor mutations along the way, but usually cells with such mutations are destroyed by your immune system or cause cancer). Imagine a CD being burned and coded with the standard 1-0 pattern. In order to record something else on it, you have to write over the old stuff. We don't see that happening with DNA, really. It is pretty similar to the CD, only instead of a simple 1-0 code you have four nucelotides (ATGC). .

top topics

join