It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Unseasonable Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This has been a crazy summer for Georgia. Especially pertaining to rainfall. This June, we have recorded far more rainfall than any other June in at least the past 3 decades. It has rained almost everyday here, and if it doesn't rain, there is almost always a solid chance. I know a lot of people arent familiar with Georgia specifically, but during our summers we almost always have water restrictions in place, and our lake levels are almost always very low, it is a dry summer climate. This year, the levels statewide are very high, even for any time of year, with some lakes near flood level. I'm just curious if there is a reason why we are having all of this unseasonable rain.

Rainfall Chart

Lake Levels

He re you can see last weeks 7 day rain outlook.

As I speak it is thundering.
Thanks Jake!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

When I was a very small child of 6 years old we lived outside of Atlanta for 6 months. During that time it rained every single day starting anywhere between 2 and 3pm. My parents still talk about it, and I remember not being able to play outside for a few hours each afternoon because of it- of course that was 40 years ago, so well before your "3 decades" of rainfall.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

Well I'm no scientist... But what I personally think is.

The Glaciers have been melting at record breaking speeds, add this to the higher temps and this makes for more moisture in our atmosphere. If the Earth is it's own habitat (green house) I personally think it is rejuvenating itself by doing what it does best, replenishing itself.

Just a layman theory....
I'm probably wrong anyway~

Seems to me it's across the boards this yea with the way the weather has been acting...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There is a group of people on these boards who believe "airplanes" are doing it. Criss crossing the skies with their "Chemtrails" I happen to think like Sulaw...If the world temperature goes up, more water will evaporate eventually forming more clouds. Along with more clouds comes more rain. I'm no scientist either but it's my theory that the earth might keep the temperatures down naturally by producing more cloud cover. Of course I've yet to do the math and generate the report for peer review but that's my theory. I know, I know....Ahem! My theory is that dinosaurs are thin at one end, thick in the middle and thin at the other end. That is my theory which is mine!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Wow, I promise you(and you can see by the rain chart) that weather like that is quite rare out here!
edit on 11-7-2013 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I like it. It makes sense to me, it seems a lot of times that the Earth almost corrects itself to what we do to knock it out of whack, like a living organism would do. Very cool

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Every single winter, spring, summer, and fall ATS is full of people who think we are suddenly having the strangest most unusual weather ever. Please ignore these people and carry on.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Unseasonable Weather? Can't take it with a grain of salt

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I'm not waving end of the world flags around or preaching chemtrails or anything like that. I'm calling it how it is, take a look at my links(they are there for a reason) you can see that it is indeed, unseasonably rainy.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Same here just right next door to you in Birmingham, AL. the humidity is just now starting to get here, rain everyday, and highs in the mid 80s. I can't cut my grass bc of the rain. usually by now it's mid 90s with high humidity and a little rain. normally I'm sweating just walking to my car... been kind of nice.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It's a wetter year, that's for sure but I wouldn't declare it "crazy" weather. It's just weather. The South-East has been in a almost drought pattern for quite awhile.. You know what they say about the weather, it changes.........

Can't please people with the weather, it's either too Dry or too Wet......

It looks like there is neither an El Niño/La Niña effect going on this year.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That data you linked goes back almost 20 years.
You have an idea how the weather was 20.000 years ago in Georgia?
Or the remaining 4.5 billion years - 20 years?

Another programmed fear report on 'let's save the planet before we destroy it'
and
in the meantime, raise taxes, because money will save us all.
edit on 11-7-2013 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

I said 3 decades not 20,000 years? I don't know where you got that. I didn't realize posting rain reports and saying we are getting a lot of rain for the summer time was fear mongering.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pressthebutton

I said 3 decades not 20,000 years? I don't know where you got that. I didn't realize posting rain reports and saying we are getting a lot of rain for the summer time was fear mongering.

I just made that up. I could also say 20 million years or 300.000 years.
My point that is that 20, 30, 50, 100 years of data doesn't really say much about how unseasonable the weather today is.

For the fear mongering, i wasn't refering to your post but rather the whole climate change hype.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pressthebutton

it's not fear mongering. that's a term thrown around here a LOT more than it should be. there was almost a year where on any given post on this website SOMEONE would say "stop fear mongering".

unseasonable weather means within a reasonable time span or lifetime (not a million years) that the weather is different than it usually is. it's a standard term that people are allowed to use.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
And flooding in Calgary and Toronto.

While here in the Fraser Valley, we are having a wonderful summer. A perfect May June and July. Warm and sunny, then just when its too hot, it cools down and gets breezy, clouds up a bit for a couple days, then back to warm and sunny.

I really love it.

Why are we in this bubble of good weather and others aren't, that is the question I wonder about.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
In Melbourne, Australia....this Winter is totally out of wack!

We are expecting 20 degrees celcius this coming week on wednesday.

average most days recently has been 16-18 degrees....a good 2 or so degrees above average with clear skys alot of the time meaning nights are colder.....

but damn, the days are just so beautiful its not funny.

usually our weather is rainy, with averages of 12-14 degrees......

Weather Beaureu states theres a La Nina impacting on the weather which is why its warmer......

to be honest, I hope each winter is this warm.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

ok, didn't knew there existed a term for that.
Even, 30 years isn't a reasonable timespan to start questioning whether or not the weather of today is 'normal'

Yes according to your link you had more rain in the first half of the year than previous years, maybe this indicates the coming 6 months will be very dry.
Check the data again at the end of the year maybe this will explain more.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, people may say that their weather is unusual ALL the time on here, but the last few years it really has been. Throughout 2012 I made a few posts that we were CONSTANTLY breaking high temperature records. It was nearly every day. We also broke some dryness records. 2012 ended up being the hottest year on record for the US.

This year we went the opposite direction. We are now constantly breaking records for low temperatures. Heck, last year I went on a field trip with my class and everyone got burnt and we were running around looking for shade. It was in the 90's. This year, same place, same time the field trip was canceled due to SNOW. In May.

Also, my husband and I started storm chasing about four years ago. The first two years we couldn't even chase all the storms. There were so many of them every week during tornado season. This year and last, we have gone a total of 3 times combined. There are none to chase around here. Completely abnormal. I grew up around here and I am used to seeing watches and warnings pop up all the time. It has been a very rare occurrence to even see a thunderstorm watch pop up.

The weather is definitely different.

new topics

top topics

join