It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Bummed, I Just Found Out That I Can't Be Cloned

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u

I like hanging around with different people...
reply to post by rickymouse

A clone would not prevent you from hanging out with other people...

My conscience gives me enough hassles, I would hate to have another one walking around telling me not to be doing this and that.
My wife does a great job of that already.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

spider genes inserted into human skin to produce a bullet proof human.
reply to post by Knives4eyes

There are bullet proof spiders? *shivers...What a creepy thought, a spider that can't be killed with a bullet, much less a shoe...say it isn't so...

www.mnn.com...

Bullet Proof Human, not spider.

Also I hate to refer to cinema but Arnold Schwarzeneggars "The 6th Day", did a pretty good job addressing the concerns about human cloning.

The only reason why I referred to this movie is because the fictional movie company, "Clonapet", is indeed a very real service offered by Clonaid.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Dont worry about cloning, in future your entire brain data can be saved in a harddrive and uploaded to a robot .. this way you can live forever

Anyway rh- is not so fertile so robots are in that case the solution too..

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I love being alive. I also enjoy that I am unique unto myself and there is only one of me.
I've enjoyed my first 3 decades and feel as if life is only starting to get good.
Growing older is great fun and the fact that I am lucky enough to have been born to experience this, is awesome.
I can, in no way, relate to those desiring to be cloned or uploaded, etc. Is it fear or vanity?

I'm grateful to live and even more excited to die! It's the greatest adventure and one we all will share.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Now I kinda want to find out my blood type. Is there any way to do that without getting my blood drawn? I really don't want to fork out the bill just to learn something I could have lived without knowing... *knock on wood*

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Ask your mother. If that is out of the question then they can type your blood with just a few drops from the prick of a finger- they don't have to draw vials of blood just to type it.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I am sure there is a way.

I absolutely want to be cloned if I am able to transfer my consciousness to clone body.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Those who know me best would say it would be a very bad idea to clone me. 1 will suffice.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

The information regarding the inability to clone RH- blood is not in relation to anyone's desire to clone humans. This was discovered when they attempted to make a synthetic replica of Rhesus negative blood. O negative blood specifically, is the universal donor blood, and can be given to all. Since it is relatively rare, it's always in extremely high demand. They want to be able to have a lot of O- on hand, without having to be dependent on O- donors to supply enough.

Yes, you can order a simple home test kit, and find out your blood type in the privacy of your own home:
Eldoncard Kit

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Now I kinda want to find out my blood type. Is there any way to do that without getting my blood drawn? I really don't want to fork out the bill just to learn something I could have lived without knowing... *knock on wood*

I gave blood at a blood bank. They gave me a little note in the mail thanking me for my A+ blood and to please come again in the future. It was free for me. I just had to give up a little blood to find out. Small price to pay to know *and* possibly help someone else in the future. In fact, felt so good about it that I went back a second time and the third they asked me if I could just give red blood. (As they pump the plasma and other stuff back in). It gives them a stronger concentration of good blood to work with. It felt good and almost like a "pay it forward"... maybe there will be enough for me if I desperately need some blood back one day!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Is there any way to do that without getting my blood drawn? I really don't want to fork out the bill

You could donate blood at red cross and they will give you a card with your blood type...my daughter did this not too long ago...Oopsy...I just sort of echoed the post above my bad....

edit on 7/11/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

O negative blood specifically, is the universal donor blood, and can be given to all. Since it is relatively rare, it's always in extremely high demand. They want to be able to have a lot of O- on hand, without having to be dependent on O- donors to supply enough.
reply to post by 321equinox

I was not referring to O- blood I was referring to O rh neg blood...rhesus not present...I realize that O- is a universal blood type and other blood types can receive it EXCEPT for me and others with O rh neg we can ONLY receive O rh neg. They cannot clone Orh neg so as a whole they can not as of yet begin to understand how to clone a whole person please refer to the sources in my OP or if you have better sources than I could find please share those with me...thanx

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Oh god, the last thing I'd want is a clone of myself around. We'd end up getting into a fight in two hours flat, guaranteed. I'm the type of person that would even aggravate myself LOL.

Originally posted by littled16

This woman could pass for my identical twin except for she has blue eyes and I have one brown and one blue eye. I heard about her for years but never met her until I was accused of having an affair with one of my girlfriend's husbands and it turned out to be my "doppleganger". We met after my friend's husband left her for this woman and he made the rounds to introduce her to all of his friends. Needless to say the friendship with him did not last as my husband and I eyed him suspiciously after meeting his girlfriend.

Wow, that's one hell of a coincidence, and quite creepy too considering the (likely) reason he went with her

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well that's sad! I don't want your kind to go extinct! D:

Maybe when there are a small enough number, your kind will be worshipped as gods!

There, now I'm not so sad! XD

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pslr2301

I haven't donated for a while but when I did the big plus for me was that if I ever needed a transfusion it was free of charge to donors, I only found this out when I did need it big time!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

O negative blood specifically, is the universal donor blood, and can be given to all. Since it is relatively rare, it's always in extremely high demand. They want to be able to have a lot of O- on hand, without having to be dependent on O- donors to supply enough.

I was not referring to O- blood I was referring to O rh neg blood...rhesus not present...I realize that O- is a universal blood type and other blood types can receive it EXCEPT for me and others with O rh neg we can ONLY receive O rh neg. They cannot clone Orh neg so as a whole they can not as of yet begin to understand how to clone a whole person please refer to the sources in my OP or if you have better sources than I could find please share those with me...thanx

We have been through this before, on your previous "O rh negative roll call" thread. O- , O negative and O rh negative are exactly the SAME thing. You are either positive, with rhesus factor, or negative, without it. "Negative" implies rhesus negative. Positive or negative, with rhesus or without. That simple.

There are 8 basic blood types, O+, O-, A+, A-, B+, B-, AB+, AB-. The + or - refers to whether the blood contains the D antigen or "rhesus factor" or not. Think of - as an abbreviation for rhesus negative.

So YOU are the universal donor type. You can donate blood to any other blood type, positive or negative. But you can only receive blood from another O negative (aka O RH negative.)

Blood compatibility chart

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I just hope that science can figure out how to clone all those who want to be cloned...I can't wait!!!!

edit on 7/11/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

O- , O negative and O rh negative are exactly the SAME thing.

Not quite. The "Rh" factor is the "positive" or "negative" part, but there are two other major blood factors called "A" and "B

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

That comment made no sense in relation to my post. If you look back at the page where you copy/pasted that answer from, you will see that the question they asked was if "RH negative blood type and O negative were the same." O - is only one type of RH negative.
site

What I said is O- and O rh neg are the same. It's simply easier to type O-, when we all know that the - stands for rhesus negative.

There are 4 general blood types ---- O, A, B or AB. 85% of the world has rhesus positive blood: O+, A+, B+ or AB+. The other 15% who lack the rhesus factor are the negative blood types: O-, A-, B- or AB-

The Rh factor, Rh+ and Rh-, refers specifically to the presence or absence of the D antigen, also known as the rhesus factor.

All negative blood types are rare.

Blood Types Percentage of US Population
O+ 38.4%
A+ 32.3%
B+ 9.4%
O- 7.7%
A- 6.5%
AB+ 3.2%
B- 1.7%
AB- 0.7%

But no matter how much you want to think O RH negative is different than O-, you are still one of the 7.7% listed above.

edit on 12-7-2013 by 321equinox because: clarity

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure if the world knew me personally there would be a law passed that two of me is at least one too many and possibly half of me is twice more 2 much.

Personally I'd think I'm kind of a dick but the other me would feel misunderstood. I think I'm good as is and the world will go on as usual when this particular me dies

edit on 11-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join