It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation 12 ::: 1,260 days

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Care to give a source? Because Paul didn't say anything you just said. He said the law ended, not that it partially ended.

Context is key.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Romans 10
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Compare that verse to Jesus telling us to keep his commandments, the same ones that cover the law. Jesus wouldn't have streamlined the law if he came to end it.
Jesus, if you were like him, then you just fulfilled the law.

As for SimonPeter's explanation, it never says in the Bible that Jesus was a sin sacrifice.
In fact, even in the OT, a sin sacrifice was for the priests to receive the holiness from a special animal in a special holy spot where it was killed, not to have sins taken away.
Of course that analogy does not work for Jesus since he was killed in a very unholy place in an unholy manner.
edit on 11-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

1 Peter 2:24

1 Peter 3:18

1 Corinthians 15:3

1 John 2:2

There are a few for you to look over.

edit on 11-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

OUTSTANDING !

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I agree they are there, but I do not agree with them.

I don't think jmdewey knows very much about the bible, he just claims to. He has a lot of conflicting beliefs, like the belief that Paul was inspired by god and that the OT is false, even though Paul quotes the OT many many times to support his teachings.

I don't think Jesus died for our sins, he died because of them.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

There are a few for you to look over.

Jesus died, that is well established in the New Testament.
Jesus' death was obviously a sacrifice, where even his just leaving heaven was a personal sacrifice for him.
Also it is well established that God made a sacrifice in giving up His son.
It also makes sense to say that the reason this sacrifice happened was on account of sin in the world.
It is also clear that there was an atonement quality to this sacrifice given by God, in order to draw men close to Him.

The reverse idea, that we somehow offered Jesus to bring God close to us, is not supported by the New Testament.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
you do realize that the 1,260 days (42 lunar months) is only 1/2 the final week (7 year period)

there are 1,260 days (42 months) that were underway before the final 1,260 days your thread is questioning about...

the final 1,260 days are about the judgements upon the Earth after the Beast/False Prophet becomes 'Revealed'...and the two-witnesses begin their 1,260 day mission

it is a long yet contracting period of cycles that are being talked about here...

the final 70th 'week' is not the final 7 years... but the 70th week is a period of 490 years which began in 1947, yes 1 year before modern Israel was born or ripped out of Palestine...

1947 was the year the Powers of Heaven were shaken... (atomic energy in form of a bomb)
and thus began the 'early birth pains' of planet Earth, also the 'Beginning of Sorrows' which will continue until the 'Mid-Week, sometime in year 2187 (1/2 of 490 years)
then in 2187 will begin the more contracted cycle of a 7 year End-Time eschatology,
starting with a 42 month preamble period
followed by a 42 month reign of the 'destroyer'...Anti-Christ' and the judgements upon the Earth and all inhabitants as detailed in the Revelations

So, dont get all flustered and aprehensive about the 1260 days...its a long way off, like in another 179 year away for the start but 181 1/2 years until the SHTF .... but the Earth itself will be convulsing with Earth Changes, the breaking up of present day tectonic plates, pole shift/pole reversal, vulcanism to challenge the era of the Siberian Traps and the annihilation of the Indus advanced cultures/technolgy
edit on 12-7-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Wow, I've never heard it from that perspective before. Not sure I agree with it, but well put either way. Can you give a full break down of this? Like were do you get the info of 490 years which began in 1947?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So now he DID die for our sins.

How did he kill him to draw men closer to himself but didn't kill him to draw god closer to us? That doesn't make any sense at all.

You're a colossal flip-flopper.
edit on 12-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
reply to post by St Udio

Wow, I've never heard it from that perspective before. Not sure I agree with it, but well put either way. Can you give a full break down of this? Like were do you get the info of 490 years which began in 1947?

Because... the Solomon Temple was started 490 years before the 'Messish' wasa 'cut-off'

and the front end of prophecy (the 490 years) has to be replicated on the tail end of the prophecy for the whole prophecy to be 'symmetrical....

now, the interim period from when Christ was rejected & cut-off in the 3 1/2 year ministry of the Messiah until the beginning of the '70th week' 32 AD- 1947 AD is just balancing out the years between the Exodus and the Northern Kingdoms of Israel & the Kingdom of Judea (again the Summetry thing)

whats compelling is that there is a evident difference between the 'middle of the week which is referencing the 70th week time span of 490 years,,, and 1/2 of that time: 245 years

and the smaller references to a 42 month = 3 1/2 year 'HALF' week...ergo a 7 year period
which translates into a 3 1/2 year lead in to the revealing of the Anti-christ reign which follows for 3 1/2 years of it's own

consider the 1st half-week as being similar to the 3 1/2 year ministry of Christ around 30AD
then the 35 year reign of destructive Roman Rule which culiminated in the destruction of the Temple in 70AD

those are the guildline/roadmap/time schedule of the finl end-times themselves...

it is all there for a wise mind to discern

sorry for the delay, i got wrapped up in other stuff

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
reply to post by St Udio

Like were do you get the info of (prophetic time line) began in 1947?

i used (probably inaccurately) the 1947 date as the date that culminated with the event of creating the atom bomb that launched the nuclear age...

see there was 'war-in-heaven'
and from the 1930's the Occult NAZI party grew in strength & number and in power, for Satan itself was giving technology and secrets to the 3rd Reich ---as the precursor Model for the future Globalist-NWO Beast Empire...

NAZI Germany was 'channeled' info on creating the Atom Bomb first, but the meglo-psychotic Hitler tarried so the war-in-heaven caused the USA to develop the A-Bomb to be dropped on Japan in war...

(see prophecy is event oriented and not-so-much time focused...so in 1947 both the A-Bomb and the groundwork for establishing modern Israel was the dual events that signaled the start of the era called the 'early-birth-pains' also the 'beginning-of-sorrows' spoken of in the Olivette Prophecy Mat 24

and that era would span a period of 490 years (mirroring the messiah prophecy time line from the building of the Solomon Temple until the messiah, being 490 years long)
Now the modern 490 year time line ~ Those Days shall be shortened, or no flesh would stay alive~
ergo at the MID-POINT of the 490 year perion---245 years--- will begin the 7 year period called the 70th WEEK ...the first half-week of 42 months being a time of grace for any of the church still faithful during the great apostacy/falling away
the second half-week of 1,260 days/42 months being the 'great tribulation' period

this is getting way too long.... please study and discern from the general outline/roadmap i might be mostly correct about...

Nemaste
edit on 13-7-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thanks for the reply. I used to study the timeline a few years back. I can't remember how, but I had arrived at a year of 2026. I laid off these ideas because I didn't feel right trying to predict the end. I like to hear other peoples thoughts on the idea.

I would agree that the end is mostly likely alot farther than we think. While the world may be going through alot of changes I really don't see WW3 coming any time soon. Anyway, thanks for the break down.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I do believe that we are looking the Battle of Gog and Magog right in the mouth . As Russia has assumed their position with the Arabs and Turkey waffles between Islam and being friends with Israel and Syria is in turmoil the war is one incident away . When Iran can get their nuke miniaturized enough to launch over the USA they might hit us with an EMP knocking America to their knees .They feel this would give Israel into their hands . They seek to start a world calamity to bring about the return of their Mahdi . This could happen soon .

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Skaffa

LOL @ not trying to be a prick.

I don't think there will ever be and end to this ceaseless doomsday waiting. I'm sure there are Christians who end up figuring it out: why am I living this way, waiting for the end of the world? They're sensible enough to drop the doomsday waiting and return to the basics of their religion. But some people never figure it out - and these are the ones who help suckle every new generation of doomsday waiters. Eventually, hopefully, there will be less and less people. Maybe Christians will begin to understand revelations in it's eschatological sense of mystic rapture - and not a real physical rapture. Either that or Christianity will die out altogether.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The writing about the 1260 days and being taken care of has been happening. Basically what it is about is a murder and consumption of a female. Then who committed such an act was worshipped for what was written afterwards. Several pregnancies then occurred to feed the murdering cannibal by way of oral sex creating a very clever source of deception who controls a lot. Although it seems the 1260 days are long past and what has happened is in repeat mode. At least that is how it seems.
edit on 11-7-2016 by THEMYKIL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join