It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive Technocrats or Conservative Depopulans who do you support?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Do you support progressive collectivist technocratic rule or a conservative(to the point of being a third world nation) post-industrial eugenicist genocide guild?

You decide which soviet-like 1984 control grid you want to live in.
edit on 8-7-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
...And I thought this world was bleak...

You must look at the world as some kind of spinning Death Globe

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Blaming one side of a coin for it weighing so much.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I support A: progressive collectivist technocratic rule

No, B: post-industrial eugenicist genocide guild

No, I mean A. No, no: B.

What were our other choices again....?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You have no examples of a society with our level of interconnectedness and technological advancement. Your claims are fear induced delusions.

Educate yourself on the foundations of secular morality and realize that at no point does it turn into 1984.You should also become familiar with other examples of religious luddite propaganda that never came true. Notice what the date is, would be a good first example.
edit on 8-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Patrick Henry gave you one: Give me Liberty or Give Me Death

edit on 8-7-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

spinning Death Globe

Now that sounds awesome! Like some new metal band ready to shred!

To the OP,

I support neither of your purposed control mechanisms. I'm fine with our current one, control through overindulgent consumerism supported via a corporate slave force that most of us (if not all) are a part of.
edit on 8-7-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I choose C.

Where's my gold star?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Tell us what you really think. No seriously, please do.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Do you support progressive collectivist technocratic rule or a conservative(to the point of being a third world nation) post-industrial eugenicist genocide guild?

To be honest I guess the former and I'll say neither is my cup of tea.
I'm very independent in politics.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't want any system of control but the real reason I am posting is because I love Openeye avatar. Tap to deny ignorance! that is AWESOME!!!! sorry.

I got so jazzed over the avatar i just read your post. I sense some sarcasm and I like it.

edit on 8-7-2013 by SuicideBankers because: added to my post

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'll take Post-Apocalyptic Desolation for $500 Alex.

You can keep your partisan puppetry, I'd rather have a puppy party.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

So basically, do we want a Commie-Hell or a Corporate-Hell?

Is there a door #3 that doesn't have a real hot place with misery behind it?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Patrick Henry gave you one: Give me Liberty or Give Me Death

edit on 8-7-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

Wow, pretty photogenic for a guy that age. I hope to look that good when I'm 277 years old.

So I guess my choice is C: Death, since the question of Liberty is off the table for the next 200 years or so....

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
We could choose plan "C" violent overthrow.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
...So basically, do we want a Commie-Hell or a Corporate-Hell?
...Is there a door #3 that doesn't have a real hot place with misery behind it?

Of course there is...
As in the "Miri" episode of Star Trek (TV series).
Just let it go the way it's been going for the last generation or two...and "the kids" will be chanting "Bonk, Bonk, on the head..."

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I want to go home now.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Sounds like you are suggesting that "both" exist as one.

Are we there yet ?

Or are you presenting a Hegelian dialectic ?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'd go with the Progressive Collectivist Technocracy.

It seems like a no-brainer to me. Manage the worlds resources using a computer automated distribution system, ensuring everyone has access to an abundance of resources. Most of the production and manufacturing would be handled by machines, freeing up humanity to pursue their passions, whether they be art, science, athletics, etc. No more money, and therefore no more reason to rely primarily on fossil fuels. Free food, energy, housing and education, extra luxuries for people who excel in their areas of expertise and make a positive impact in their community. Freedom of religion, provided that your beliefs don't conflict with basic morals; don't murder, treat your neighbors with respect. Freakin' paradise.

The downside? Probably birth licenses to keep the population down. Populations of each zone would have to be managed carefully to ensure the balance of resources. Lethal weaponry would have to be illegal or tightly controlled. Certain checks and balances would have to be implemented at the highest levels to ensure that no one puts the system out of balance, though the level of abundance we could achieve might render that moot...why take resources from others when you have more than enough available? And of course, there are always paranoid people who are terrified at the idea of anyone or anything having absolute power. You could be living in the nicest conditions in the world and still be worried about some satanic alien overlord behind the scenes.

The big problem is, to achieve this sort of utopia, the government would have to castrate itself once the automated systems are put in place...nobody who's in a position of power wants to do that.

The alternative to this, of course, is a horrific world empire which wipes out everyone it doesn't like, reigns supreme for a couple of generations, then the great grandchildren of the original founders begin another power struggle and fracture the empire into smaller nations, and global civilization regresses to the point it is at today. In the absolute worst case, we nuke ourselves to the brink of oblivion and start over from the stone age.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It is not an either or scenario. You have to go through the 1984 stamping out of resistance before you can enter the Brave New World.

new topics

top topics

join