It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if tens of thousands fled to your country. Yearly.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

The main reason that these mass migrations are taking place ,is that the host country, lets them in as a source of keeping labour costs down, which makes the fat cats fatter. The problem will get far worse, until historicly a radical solution happens.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity
reply to post by Iamschist

The main reason that these mass migrations are taking place ,is that the host country, lets them in as a source of keeping labour costs down, which makes the fat cats fatter. The problem will get far worse, until historicly a radical solution happens.

I don't agree. I can imagine leaving my home and all that I know, only under dire circumstances. What do you mean about a radical solution? Historically in this country immigrants have been assimilated, sometimes smoothly, sometimes not, but we have not so far as I know rounded them up and disposed of them. That happened in Europe, is that what you are referring to?

Imho people come because they have to, the conditions where they were are untenable and they seek something with less fear and more food. The host country may benefit by exploitation, kind of nasty that. I do not think they come because the host country needs slaves by any other name.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy
If I remember my time at university correctly the professors back in the 90's were saying that the best way to do that is to put Western style businesses in those countries. Which America did. With gusto. Many American corporations have moved their manufacturing to other countries.

That was for no other reason then to get cheap labor, and not to help the people of those countries.

Originally posted by tyfon
Education is also the key here.

I already mentioned education in my post.

Originally posted by Iamschist
How would you propose we 'fix' another countries government without war, and are you proposing a NWO

Why does everything boil down to a NWO? I just don't get it? We can help others without becoming a NWO?

If I knew everything, I'd be doing my hardest to make sure it's implemented. But a country that refuses to help itself (and receive help) can't be helped. And that's why we should stop immigration from these countries. Sometimes it requires bloodshed to secure a future for yourself and your loved ones. Most countries today have experienced this defining moment. America VS England, Norway VS Sweden (and a plethora of others), so too must these countries today have citizens that will stand up and say, "enough is enough".

How is fleeing from their problems helping them? It might help *THEM* but that's it. And we can't continue to take in more people.

Like I said, I don't know everything. All I know is that we're putting a bandage on an open fracture and hoping we'll survive. It's just not going to work.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

I think I'd take a look at what went wrong in the countries the immigrants are fleeing and see if its anything that could have been avoided.

Original immigrants from Europe ~ fleeing corruption and religious intolerance at home
Immigrants from Viet Nam ~ duh, we had just destroyed their country.
Immigrants from Mexico ~ NAFTA

That's just off the top of my head.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

15,000 Migrants and asylum seekers reached Malta and Italy in 2012,
un refugee agency . org/ Italy and Malta

This year there have been 8,500 so far. The trend is set to hit
16,000 this year. Maybe more. And this is not counting
the number that have died at sea trying to get there.

Mike

edit on 9-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join