It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A child knows best - a future president...I wish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I samuru-ed...but it came up empty.

Interesting video from Egypt...12-year old kid (obviously escaped indoctrination) on the streets...has more sanity in him than most grown ups...worldwide.

Kid talks about the social and economic crisis in Egypt. About Islamic influence and state sponsored injustice.

It is really that simple.

Truly inspiring.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The kid talks a lot of sense.
Looks like he is from a good family,who have encoraged him to search for knowledge rather than mindlessly absorb propaganda.
I hope he makes it through whatever happens in the next few months/years.
Egypt need more folks like this kid-and less extremists IMO.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Lets hope there are a few million more of kids like this growing up right now. Humanity just might have a future. A very inspiring post!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
The kid talks a lot of sense.
Looks like he is from a good family,who have encoraged him to search for knowledge rather than mindlessly absorb propaganda.
I hope he makes it through whatever happens in the next few months/years.
Egypt need more folks like this kid-and less extremists IMO.

Funny thing here is that most of the people in his part of the world would consider him to be the extremist. I hope he makes out. His rhetoric could very well get him killed.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SuicideBankers

Don't you mean 'people in our part of the world?' People such as the US or UK governments?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hushabye
reply to post by SuicideBankers

Don't you mean 'people in our part of the world?' People such as the US or UK governments?

Indeed! I stand corrected and humbly cry your pardon. lol

So sad it makes laugh.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Such a good kid.

He gives me hope.

But it will still be a long uphill battle in that part of the world where his voice will drowned out by clerics issueing Fatwas. Of which even he may be a target.

edit on 8-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Oops Fat Paws

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideBankers

Lets hope there are a few million more of kids like this growing up right now. Humanity just might have a future. A very inspiring post!

Sadly...I feel he is one in a million
But we can hope perhaps...that his generation that is coming will be smarter than ours is. They are living our mistakes. That experience has to count for something....some day.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Amazing~ Though the future of the Earth and Civilization as a whole looks dark, we still have some shining examples in the form of Children who can change it all.

Great find Mario~ SnF

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Good for the kid!

But!

Watch out kid there is a drone!.. oops too late.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

But we can hope perhaps...that his generation that is coming will be smarter than ours is. They are living our mistakes. That experience has to count for something....some day.

I think the internet has a lot to do with it-Imagine living under a strict islamic regime all your life,then you get the internet and find out how other people are living in other countries-what do you do?Either leave,or attempt to change your country probably.
Its a no brainer..especially for the younger generations IMO.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I remember when I was 12.
I don't remember a whole lot of it though because I was too busy being a kid; eating cookies and not having a care in the world about 'world events' that affected only people 'whose hands I'd never get to shake'...when I finally grow up.

This little boy is in the thick of it and I wouldn't be surprised if he would prefer a handshake over a cookie...forced into adulthood.

I would totally pick him to play on my baseball team.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It is my fondest wish that my son grows to this level of understanding. Maybe our generations legacy could be teaching the next a better way. Its never to late to try IMHO.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

I think the internet has a lot to do with it-Imagine living under a strict islamic regime all your life,then you get the internet and find out how other people are living in other countries-what do you do?Either leave,or attempt to change your country probably.
Its a no brainer..especially for the younger generations IMO.

I think the internet has shown us all that we truly are a community of earthlings as opposed to Americans, British, Arabs, etc etc. Its one thing to be told your whole life that these people are bad because of this that or the other and actually being able to converse freely with the before mentioned people and finding out that our leaders lied to us all the while. Keeping us away from each other. Dividing us over convoluted fairy tales about the boogeymen of another country. I don't think the powers that be saw this one coming. I real game changer the internet.

top topics

join