It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bug Out Bag 101- A Different Perspective

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
There was this video I saw a while back. The guy was in blue jeans and a black shirt. Yet, by disguising his SHAPE was able to hide and conceal himself well right in plain sight. Can't find the video with a quick search, but it was an eye-opener. It showed me that concealment is really more about breaking up and disguising the human shape, more than coloration (though hey, every bit helps).

My taboo against camo in a SHTF scenario, is that a few of those scenarios, could mean if mistaken for a soldier, you could be shot right out of hand.....so, no camo.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Bug out bags should really contain a can of bug dope so the mosquitoes don't get over fed.

Pretty hard to hide in the woods when you are swatting at mosquitoes.
edit on 9-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Am in the process of having a new house built and as usual the builders are running behind schedule.
Presented with the option of staying at inlaws or in a wooden office building I built on site; I went with the wooden building as it will give me a mild taste of a SHTF scenario: no power, no water etc etc.

Not ashamed to say that by 9 pm on the first night I had checked into the local Holiday Inn as I overlooked light and it was getting dark.

Accordingly I'm attempting again, this time with proper preparation as once the lights go out my modern creature comfort basically stopped working.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
There was this video I saw a while back. The guy was in blue jeans and a black shirt. Yet, by disguising his SHAPE was able to hide and conceal himself well right in plain sight. Can't find the video with a quick search, but it was an eye-opener. It showed me that concealment is really more about breaking up and disguising the human shape, more than coloration (though hey, every bit helps).

My taboo against camo in a SHTF scenario, is that a few of those scenarios, could mean if mistaken for a soldier, you could be shot right out of hand.....so, no camo.

I completely buy into the grey man concept. I only wear the Multicam because it is a branding of sorts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join