It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we take NASA serious, from here on

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I never took NASA seriously after they started producing easily-provable, bogus "documentation". Bogus pictures, pictures with details smeared, former employee whistle-blowers.

NASA backs up the state. They do not serve us and I suspect .... they never have.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Lol thanks that helps :-) really if you come across a totally believable (unlike this one) article how do people learn which are reliable? Just experience I assume? is there no place to go check out a source?

Sure there is…look at the site's About Page like JustMike suggested.

I’d never heard of Daily Currant until today but it only took 2 sentences to figure out how silly this was. There are certainly other stories that are more believable. I’ve been had by a Sorcha Faal story before; really freaked me out, too!

edit on 7-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
time for an new version of raiders of the lost ark....

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Daily Current very funny stories!

Some of the good ones on todays front page :

Sarah Palin Claims Global Warming Will ‘Bring Back the Dinosaurs’

Will and Jada Smith Adopt a White Baby

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Char-Lee

Don't believe him, The Current is a dried up fruit, nothing at all like The Onion.

Lol thanks that helps :-) really if you come across a totally believable (unlike this one) article how do people learn which are reliable? Just experience I assume? is there no place to go check out a source?

I research things in-depth a lot. I go many layers deep and find that lot of what we are led to believe is real in this society is not real. Just because a lot of people think that something is real means nothing. The funny part, a lot of misapplied scientific backs these things. I look for motive or possible gain to help me find why. Economic reasons are the major motives for deceptive information. Almost Half of everything that society touts as real here in America is just belief. The evidence backing these beliefs is misapplied.

Our Disrespect for mother earth is causing major damage, yet the solutions they tout as real mostly attempt at stimulating the economy and don't fix much. It seems only solutions that raise overall economic value are considered to support.

All phones, even antique phones, cause disruption of neural activity. It is not just cell phones. The government compares cell phone against old phone safety and says they aren't much different. Every time you stick a magnet or coil by your head it temporarily causes disruption of electrical activity in the brain. This has been causing health problems for people on the phone a lot for a long time. The problem isn't so much the phone, it is the fact that people have phones stuck up against their heads too much nowadays.

I can go on and on with the crap that we are led to believe is true, everyone is skirting the truth nowadays. I am not afraid of phones, I just want to be aware of the truth. Over the last six years, I have been studying the truth of what I once believed. I was a fool to believe so many lies and to pass on lies to others.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Along those lines
This was interesting, bottom of page 61.

archive.org.../n67/mode/2up

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Not more than a few months ago, NASA came out with a statement that the earth was not growing.

What do you mean by 'growing'? Once all the meteors stopped bombarding the planet it has remained the same size.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
maybe they were looking up the expanding earth on you tube and one of the questions is how is the seabed only a few million years old .

i would not trust nasa to tell me the time of day

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Your statements were correct 12 yrs ago. Not so much now. NASA works for the Pentagon mostly now. They also put out a lot of BS. Take 2012 for example and their statement that since WISE they knew where all the asteroids were and their was no chance of us getting hit. A couple of months later they were asking for money to find out WHERE the asteroids were. lol. A couple of months after that we had an asteroid that came between the moon and us and was not seen until a couple of days before it passed.

We could go through coverups and lies that have been done by NASA but why bother? It would take to much time to prove it but the info is out there if you want to know. You could start with Wiki about TDRS if you want. It will tell you a bit about the military and NASA.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I see what you did there... I hope you did... since it is truly satiric...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roxxo
That article is fake.

The Daily Currant is like The Onion.

Never heard of Daily current, but HOW do people find out what sites are like this? They don't bother to say satire up top.

I would guess when they claim stories which would probably be front page news on every paper, it's a good time to check.

As someone else pointed out they say so in their about me profile.

I know spotting the fake articles and real one's is a hard task sometimes, but somehow I think

John McCain Calls For Invasion of Hong Kong
would get more press than just one outlet.

and given pride festivals just ended, I'd suspect this one would have been front page headlines:

Pope Benedict Comes Out as Gay

edit on 7-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
To everyone who was informing op that this is from a joke site, I would point out that this IS is the jokes forum...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
even though the article is bogus, the question stands. as i've always said, nasa needs to be disbanded.
from doctoring ever single historical photo of the highly suspect moon landing, to losing blueprints of the LEM. they are just a political tool of the government. lets hope SpaceX doesnt follow nasa off the cliff.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I don't know what you guys are talking about...the site is obviously real...

Selena Gomez Says Bieber Has ‘Tiny, Weird Penis’

Now...if you claim the site is bogus...you will have to come to terms with Bieber having a massively beautiful penis...

Yep...site real...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by bjarneorn

The bigger question should be are we to take that article serious?

The article itself is not a fake, but I doubt that the quotes involved are correct ... but even if they aren't, as they say ... there is no smoke, without fire.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
To everyone who was informing op that this is from a joke site, I would point out that this IS is the jokes forum...

Yes, it's in the jokes forum now, but the OP (apparently unaware that the "news" source was a satirical site) originally posted the thread in Fragile Earth.

It got moved by Staff because the Jokes forum was most appropriate for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join