It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge and understanding

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by UriahsAsylum
Perhaps these things are due to the lack of wisdom. We have all heard the phrase knowledge, wisdom and understanding right? In our time wisdom has fallen from the equation, mostly due to the ease of access. Also we are led to believe the order [ knowledge, wisdom and understanding] is correct, when in fact the order for fulfillment is knowledge, understanding and wisdom. Example; we learn as a child that a apple is red [knowledge] but one cant be wise [wisdom] to how the apple is red without understanding why or how the apple is red. Make sense?

I see wisdom as the complete bucket and water combo. Its not really ahead of anything because i see it as everything combined. An analogy would be for me to make my bucket very large by being open minded to everything. Then not ever let the water over flow the bucket by not getting attached to my "ideas and beliefs".
This wont make sense to anyone because it is really complicated to explain what i am thinking.
Wisdom is the key yes. I am a big fan of Albert Einstein so i would like to share a quote i like.
"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem." - Albert Einstein

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience

Originally posted by Visitor2012

When it comes to finding and knowing Truth, thoughts can be tossed into the garbage bin for all they're worth. The human being has higher faculties than thought. They are great for introspection, but their use goes no further than that. Again, when it comes to knowing Truth.

We're just entertaining each other, no one really believes they will find the answer to the ultimate question here on this forum or anywhere else outside of themselves.

edit on 10-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

I dont know everyone personally so i wouldnt be saying "no one". I couldnt get to the top of the ladder unless i climbed the rungs or jumped really high. Fortunatly for me i have considerable "hops".
Yes this is entertaining. I am thinking of having roast lamb for dinner tonight.

Yumm...yumm!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The moment is reviling it self? Who is IT? WE the observers are the ones who are doing the creating, revealing, searching. It's real people doing the work that needs to be done, so we will have a better future for generations to come. Something sets us apart from the sleepers, it's the HEART of the matter

<< 1  2   >>

join