It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge and understanding

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Knowledge does not have much power unless you can use it to create a weapon that will subdue all others.

Knowledge is not power. The strongest sword combined with man power is true power. They even control knowledge.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Knowledge does not have much power unless you can use it to create a weapon that will subdue all others.

Knowledge is not power. The strongest sword combined with man power is true power. They even control knowledge.

With true wisdom there can be no conflict.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheomExperience

What you say is true, how can we know that what we know isn't some made up version of the truth, in order to keep us ignorant of the real truth.

Infact you're right on the button, you just have to keep digging and you'll find truths that seem otherworldly. These are the secrets that are kept hidden from the general population, so as to control you and have power over you, but true knowledge is out there, if your willing to search for it.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I don't necessarily agree with this. If the man with superior knowledge had that knowledge in the right areas, he could manipulate these men with powerful weapons to either befriend them, or to turn against one another and simply walk up to the now weakened powerful men and finish them off.

It comes down to intelligence and how you use the knowledge that you have to the best advantage.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

What you say is true, how can we know that what we know isn't some made up version of the truth, in order to keep us ignorant of the real truth.

Infact you're right on the button, you just have to keep digging and you'll find truths that seem otherworldly. These are the secrets that are kept hidden from the general population, so as to control you and have power over you, but true knowledge is out there, if your willing to search for it.

The real truth is hiding and will not ever show up.
It is what is watching the show.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

My seeking days are over now it is time to effect change for me. I am going straight to the source for this one which for me is the mind.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
reply to post by DAZ21

My seeking days are over now it is time to effect change for me. I am going straight to the source for this one which for me is the mind.

Change implies something other. Have you something 'other' in mind?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

This is the time of the reveling, revelations is the unfolding of knowledge. Nothing new under the Sun. It is the Observers who change the storyline.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimelessWatch00
reply to post by Itisnowagain

This is the time of the reveling, revelations is the unfolding of knowledge. Nothing new under the Sun. It is the Observers who change the storyline.

This moment is revealing itself - it is unfolding all by itself. It always appears different yet there is an idea that there is nothing new.
This presence always appears different.
It is timelessly always this.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Oopps.
Double post.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

But if I had knowledge about the man wielding the sword I could stay out of harms way. Such a society becomes a dictatorship where all people who have other ideas than the guy with the weapon, some of which might be better would have to live in fear of saying something which could get them killed. There would be less progress in such a society than when people can speak up about their truths and others can try to refute those without having to fear for their lives.
edit on 7/7/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

In all honesty everyone is a manipulator (someone who shapes), even the word creates images of insecurity in some peoples mind which they will reject. Some people are just better than others at this and really get of on controlling people for their own personal experience.

I think the insecurity is because when listening to someone who is reshaping, not all people can shape it back themselves. First there was a storyteller which shaped the world when growing up, in that sense all parents manipulate their children. Only later a child can reshape their own world. Manipulators can reshape one's world, gain one's trust so their interpretation is in the 'offguard' mode and the world reshapes just by rearranging words and exposing links and connections not seen before. After reshaping it can be difficult to say those connections are not true or were not related that much as the manipulator portrayed it.

That is why I think some people can react insecure, they derive good feelings from their worldview and when someone reshapes parts of it this might affect other parts and the good feelings might come to a halt.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Perhaps then... This is your opportunity?

What is the Greatest truth... according to you?

The idol/view I believe can/might be the truth has already been described in the thread you are pointing to by another person. But since I have to little input of data I will not make any assumption that I am right since I am probably very wrong on the exact nature of things. I do not need to the truth on this side. I only need to follow the highest ideals I can think of for all that is.
edit on 7-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Change implies something other. Have you something 'other' in mind?

That is what i said is it not. I can sit here and chase my tail round and round while you turn this into an 18 page novel or you can be a part of the "show"

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

I think the insecurity is because when listening to someone who is reshaping, not all people can shape it back themselves. First there was a storyteller which shaped the world when growing up, in that sense all parents manipulate their children. Only later a child can reshape their own world. Manipulators can reshape one's world, gain one's trust so their interpretation is in the 'offguard' mode and the world reshapes just by rearranging words and exposing links and connections not seen before. After reshaping it can be difficult to say those connections are not true or were not related that much as the manipulator portrayed it.

That is why I think some people can react insecure, they derive good feelings from their worldview and when someone reshapes parts of it this might affect other parts and the good feelings might come to a halt.

People do everything to themselves by not taking action for themselves. I am trying to point out how easy it is to be manipulated by the compartmentalised mind state.
I am the kind of person that blows up a baloon so much just to see when it bursts. Then it hits me in the face, it hurts for a bit then i have a good laugh at what i did.
Some people worry about the "pain" they think they will experience so they only blow the baloon up so far.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Well said S&F

Yet there is a contract between knowledge and truth... so what of "Untruth" or "False Knowledge"?

And every person's truth is relative to his or hers own experience...

One holds to their own truth until a higher truth is given... then what was truth gives away to the greater...

edit on 6-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Those would be called beliefs. There is just Truth. No higher or lower truth. No explanation will suffice. If you want to know truth, you have to find it within yourself. There are NO answers here.

Discover that which is before the thought, and you'll have your answer.
edit on 10-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Those would be called beliefs. There is just Truth. No higher or lower truth. No explanation will suffice. If you want to know truth, you have to find it within yourself. There are NO answers here.

You are correct there are no answers here just questions for people to ask themselves to find their own answers.
Thank you for providing a good example though of someone looking to compartmentalise thoughts for people.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You are correct there are no answers here just questions for people to ask themselves to find their own answers.
Thank you for providing a good example though of someone looking to compartmentalise thoughts for people.

When it comes to finding and knowing Truth, thoughts can be tossed into the garbage bin for all they're worth. The human being has higher faculties than thought. They are great for introspection, but their use goes no further than that. Again, when it comes to knowing Truth.

We're just entertaining each other, no one really believes they will find the answer to the ultimate question here on this forum or anywhere else outside of themselves.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

When it comes to finding and knowing Truth, thoughts can be tossed into the garbage bin for all they're worth. The human being has higher faculties than thought. They are great for introspection, but their use goes no further than that. Again, when it comes to knowing Truth.

We're just entertaining each other, no one really believes they will find the answer to the ultimate question here on this forum or anywhere else outside of themselves.

I dont know everyone personally so i wouldnt be saying "no one". I couldnt get to the top of the ladder unless i climbed the rungs or jumped really high. Fortunatly for me i have considerable "hops".
Yes this is entertaining. I am thinking of having roast lamb for dinner tonight.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Perhaps these things are due to the lack of wisdom. We have all heard the phrase knowledge, wisdom and understanding right? In our time wisdom has fallen from the equation, mostly due to the ease of access. Also we are led to believe the order [ knowledge, wisdom and understanding] is correct, when in fact the order for fulfillment is knowledge, understanding and wisdom. Example; we learn as a child that a apple is red [knowledge] but one cant be wise [wisdom] to how the apple is red without understanding why or how the apple is red. Make sense?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join