It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Workers Are Working To Death But Apple Don't Care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Apple is one of the most overrated and overhyped brands on the planet and currently under the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. A spate of suicides at one of its main suppliers, Foxconn, has led to allegations of labour rights abuses in its Chinese factories and Apple response clearly shows they really don't care .

An explosion in 2011 at a Foxconn factory in Chengdu, China, killed four people and injured 18. It built iPads.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I hate to be that guy but...
"Apple doesn't care." - correct
"Apple don't care." - incorrect

It's really hard to take a thread seriously with a wonky title.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Ah! You've missed the culture "meme" of "don't care!"

Just like Honey Badger, Apple don't care.

edit on 6-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Its the ultimate hipster conundrum. Here you have a prodruct that is designed for people with more money than sense that has been made to appear sooooo cool but its the ultimate object of hipster protest.
It would be so cool to protest apple but what would the other people at starbucks think if they didn't see me writing about how bad apple is on my new mac book pro. They are horrible machines, i hate to even call them computers, they are overpriced facebook machines, good for children fisher price my first computer.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by Superhans

Take solace in knowing Apple is pretty much dead with anyone who isnt a grandparent.

The once trendy hipster icon has been accepted as just what you label it as, fisher price my first computer.

Same with Facebook.

iPads and Macs along with Facebook are the number one tools for grandparents keeping in touch.with elementary school aged grandchildren.

Any hipster worth a damn has moved on to a anti-computing position.

M$ is for business, Apple for invalids and the geriatric and "smart" phones across the board are passe toys to keep occupied.

If a hipster is plugged in at all anymore its to play homebrew 8-bit throwbacks housed in custom arcade boxes in old warehouses downtown at 3AM.

Everything else is currently lame. Apple, iPods, iPads and iPhones especially.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Linux is the real empowerment and if enough realize this, there will be nothing that won't be available, from drivers to games.

Its very obvious apple doesnt care. When their "slaves" were jumping out of the skyscraper workplace to commit suicide, they installed suicide nets.

Starred and Flagged. Very important issue to bring up.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
apple this, apple that. you really think that bashing apple for the fact that rain falls is so trendy? you think that android is so open, and do-no-evil google is so great, that because at the core of your smartphone sits an opensourced, linux-based operating system, that whatever how many snooping and evil to the bones closed components hardware manufacturers have added on top of it, it's right to blame apple for all the evils of this world just because it's overpriced? guess what. think again, because you're making yourself look like some crowd-following, easily manipulated by others, brainless geek-wannabe.

and take a look at the mirror when you're at it. apple is to blame no more than people buying their hardware. if people would refuse to buy apple's toys until they move the manufacturing to the US, apple would do just that. but people won't do that, because everything is made in china and they're fine with that, so they're as much to blame as apple is.

the biggest blame belongs to foxconn though. but guess what, they're manufacturing tons of stuff, not only iphones and ipads (which are 'oh so apple so oh so amazzzing bashing target'), but also all sorts of pc components (motherboards and stuff), as well as at least some parts for other smartphone manufacturers as well. without workers abuse in china, you would probably have either no pc at all, or would have to pay a lot more for it.

so either stop buying things that were made thanks to someone's suffering (do you have any idea what's going on with people in africa, mining rare ores for electronic companies?), or at least blame the ones that brought it to this world.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by Superhans

Take solace in knowing Apple is pretty much dead with anyone who isnt a grandparent.

The once trendy hipster icon has been accepted as just what you label it as, fisher price my first computer.

Same with Facebook.

iPads and Macs along with Facebook are the number one tools for grandparents keeping in touch.with elementary school aged grandchildren.

Any hipster worth a damn has moved on to a anti-computing position.

M$ is for business, Apple for invalids and the geriatric and "smart" phones across the board are passe toys to keep occupied.

If a hipster is plugged in at all anymore its to play homebrew 8-bit throwbacks housed in custom arcade boxes in old warehouses downtown at 3AM.

Everything else is currently lame. Apple, iPods, iPads and iPhones especially.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

you are correct. I do not use any type of smart phone, I have a 40 buck go phone that I can make a phone call on, and I can text....that's it. I have this desktop computer I'm typing on now, that's it...there is more to life than APP'ING yourself to death. to me, these are a waste of money, I see so many people these days with their face pointed downward peering intently into a little screen, while "real life" is happening all around them. I know this sounds like I've become a luddite, but a great part of life is actually experiencing it in "real time". the "art of conversation" is being lost, the skill that is required to verbally navigate through an in-person discussion, or a spontaneous, coherent argument, is becoming rare these days.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Linux is the real empowerment and if enough realize this, there will be nothing that won't be available, from drivers to games.

Its very obvious apple doesnt care. When their "slaves" were jumping out of the skyscraper workplace to commit suicide, they installed suicide nets.

Starred and Flagged. Very important issue to bring up.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

the fact that they installed suicide nets in the first place speaks volumes regarding the thought process of employers.

new topics

top topics

join