It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World may be reaching a nexus point......

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Here's a bit of the info, buried on a top secret website called Wikipedia:

super secret website

You'll also note all the completely secret history books it uses as a source.

You're making my point for me, btw. You're ill informed and hyperbolically asserting nonsense.

As for why people "left cities" - the vast majority of the time it happened it was for opportunity (e.g. land, work, gold). History books are full of the history of settlers and colonists and their motivations.

Spoiler: domestic surveillance wasn't a big motivator.
edit on 7-7-2013 by superannoyingreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Drones are not yet the reality of war. We still need boots for large operations.

one could argue we're in a world war yes, but cmon man you're just trying to bitch. You know damned well what I'm talking about.

Not feeding you again.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by superannoyingreality

That wiki source is more about secrecy than intelligence gathering. Of course the British rebels spied on people they suspected of being Tory spies, they were probably as paranoid about their enemies as today's government is about everyone who draws breath, including their allies. That is certainly not to say they had their own spies hiding under people's beds or reading their personal mail.

The fact is, while the founders may have distrusted and despised the British government, they were BFF with the British bankers in London. Some things never change.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantriQueptidez
reply to post by frazzle

Drones are not yet the reality of war. We still need boots for large operations.

They're sure as hell a reality for people In multiple countries who've had to watch their entire families blown to bloody bits.

one could argue we're in a world war yes, but cmon man you're just trying to bitch. You know damned well what I'm talking about.

Not feeding you again.

Not feeding me again? I'd better go brush my teeth now.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Either you intentionally disregard context when replying, else lack the proper intellect to give a decent reply.

Either way, it's not worth my time.

I interpret it as a troll.

**members take note**
edit on 7-7-2013 by QuantriQueptidez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
What would be the point of knocking down one domino whilst leaving others standing. What the peoples of nations are up against is a global apparatus built not by one country but by several colluding countries. All the dominoes have to fall quickly in succession to each other. Coordinated international protest of peaceful civil disobedience has to occur, regardless of time zones. Days of international strikes, days of international no shopping days, international festivals and music events of protests and people's demands for fairer and more equitable societies not driven by the rapacious greed of capitalistic corporatism.

That is how you awaken indifferent people to what is going on, by making life inconvenient for them. Be in their faces, and never go away.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
posting

for

further reading

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Agree, spying bad but the quadrupling of the money supply since 2008 will create 400% inflation, middle-class poverty, general hunger, anger and action esp in Europe and our communist urban jungles. The sissy dictator cheerleader will soon get his excuse for martial law. TPTB are still working hard to bring the West and Islamic countries into a WW3.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Snowden should hide out in a country that hates the U.S. - such as, the U.S.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

The British people do not have a bad name. The same as the rest of the planet. It is only the governments who foster violence to maintain control that deserve a bad name.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Citizens of any country with cell phones and internet should also know, as we have been told time and time again that these devices are not private.

Your speaking from a past tense as they all should of known lol? Most civilians blew it off as conspiracy theory and trusted the red, white and blue! Yeah, they all should know by NOW that the US government is a corporate lying, spying farce.

edit on 8-7-2013 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZONTAR
reply to post by davesmart

The British people do not have a bad name. The same as the rest of the planet. It is only the governments who foster violence to maintain control that deserve a bad name.

"Governments" don't take up weapons and shoot people, they convince people to do that for them. If Britain's or any other government told the people to shoot and kill others but no one picked up a weapon the government would lose.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Your speaking from a past tense as they all should of known lol? Most civilians blew it off as conspiracy theory and trusted the red, white and blue! Yeah, they all should know by NOW that the US government is a corporate lying, spying farce.

Well imho we probably should have known the government was spying on us, but my comment was about cell phones and computers, that are not secure and never have been, this has been reported extensively by the msm even. Why wouldn't a government exploit such technology?
edit on 8-7-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well imho we probably should have known the government was spying on us, but my comment was about cell phones and computers, that are not secure and never have been, this has been reported extensively by the msm even. Why wouldn't a government exploit such technology?

That's what I'm referring too... cell phones and computers!

You mean extensively buried at the bottom in MSM. I remember a time when ATS was freaking out over government IP's and avatars that could track them! It was mostly kiddy hackers who made you aware insecure technology, most believed their rights where protected by the constitution.

It wasn't MSM at all.... conspiracy theorist where mainly the ones reading articles about government technology, and talking to insiders, that is not your everyday American Idol viewer....whereas before to talk about government spying makes you a conspiracy nut.

If this was true "reported extensively by the MSM" nobody would of cared about Edward Snowden. We are at a nexus point, it is becoming more difficult for our government to hide!

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
John F. Kennedy

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I am confused. In my neck of the woods (middle America), it was never a secret that anyone with simple technology could listen in on any cell phone conversation. Extensive cautions have been give regarding internet safety as well. Are we speaking about the same thing but not hearing each other? Most of the folks I know are not shocked or surprised by Swoden's revelations. If we have handed them the tools by using devices so easily penetrated, we kind of asked for it. If this is a wierd reply to you, I apologize I really don't understand what you are saying I think.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I agree - it's going to be a financial implosion to wake people up.

And, no one's surprised by snowden's message - which, in my mind, makes him just a distraction.

WW3 is being pushed upon us by TPTB.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You said "Why wouldn't a government exploit such technology?" As if it was MSM news in the past... We are not talking about blue tooth or police scanners from the past are we lol.... Snowden only confirms our suspicions about the US gov.

There is not one surprised conspiracy theorist out there that I know of...but the true blue sheeple on the other hand yes.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

I agree - it's going to be a financial implosion to wake people up.

And, no one's surprised by snowden's message - which, in my mind, makes him just a distraction.

WW3 is being pushed upon us by TPTB.

Yes, war if it is involving the world might do it. I wonder given the timetable, as in is it me or are things speeding up? It seems a good many of these 'control' type laws are being passed in quick succession. Also the 'tests' of taking money from peoples accounts in Greece, basically taking control of all private funds... I am wondering if the 'event' is already known by those with power and or money. Edited to add, ok that sounds lame, lol, I mean if the 'event' is some sort of thing from outer space etc. It has been speculated endlessly on this site that TPTB are planning the event, and I certainly do not rule that out.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

You said "Why wouldn't a government exploit such technology?" As if it was MSM news in the past... We are not talking about blue tooth or police scanners from the past are we lol.... Snowden only confirms our suspicions about the US gov.

There is not one surprised conspiracy theorist out there that I know of...but the true blue sheeple on the other hand yes.

Ok now we are getting somewhere. I disagree. Before 2010 when I joined ats, I knew. One of my friends who is so not interested in anything wonky, also knows that cell phones and computers on the internet are not secure. So I think you must have just missed it when they were telling us, or you underestimate what people know. The most important thing is, knowing these things were not secure, people did not care, and so gave away privacy, long before 9/11 and HS.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Ok now we are getting somewhere. I disagree. Before 2010 when I joined ats, I knew.

Yes you knew, but I assure you it was not MSM news that the gov was all up your business!

One of my friends who is so not interested in anything wonky, also knows that cell phones and computers on the internet are not secure.

As well everyone should know that... but it wasn't MSM that the gov was violating your privacy!

So I think you must have just missed it when they were telling us, or you underestimate what people know. The most important thing is, knowing these things were not secure, people did not care, and so gave away privacy, long before 9/11 and HS.

Sure people know how insecure things are, but no it wasn't MSM that the gov. was digging through your junk!

Now that I think back, if any MSM viewer said they where not surprised they are probably lying. If anything most wouldn't be surprised if they where listening to conspiracy theorist.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join