It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear Mongering, Diliberate Misrepresentation and LIes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It's just too much today. Its hot and humind (in southern california!!!), I've no A/C and the holiday has fouled by payrolls, yadda, yadda, yadda....

I look to ATS for a bit of intellectual sparing, some condesention on certain viewpoints and practise at writing half-way lucidly. What you I find today on the front page - drivel - mindless, decepful drivel.

1) "Seventy-two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston!" A clever attempt to get attention presenting something that happened centries ago as current events.

2) "World Wide Arrest Warrants Issued For Bush and Obama 2013". Passing along gossip from questionable sites. As much as I'd like it to be real - it would be easy to verify. Check it out first people.

3) Another gossip thread "Obamacare can take money directly from your bank account to pay medical fees," anti Obama Care attempt to frighten seniors without any reference to fact.

4) and the daily "Uh Oh: Something bad is about to happen."

Granted there are a few interesting pieces - but I get really tired of attention seekers posting this clat-trap. Another talks about "Reactionaries" it's definitions and calls conservative ATS members as such but uses a different definition than I do.

Reaction - is acting without thought and many posts (I've been guilty as well) are not sources or even thought out in the rush to BE THE FIRST.

Crap.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Simply a mixture of thoughts, opinions, observations, facts.

Please pay attention because you will most certainly will fall into one category, if not now than soon.

ATS members are not here to change your stance but merely to supply all you must have to form your own conclusions.

We also have more info than the MSM is willing to share.
How? Because we truly hate ignorance in our house.

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Don't forget about the illuminati and nibiru.

Never forget about nibiru.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You mean ATS?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Dear FryeByrd,

Firstly, I gave a star to Jude.

Granted there are a few interesting pieces - but I get really tired of attention seekers posting this clat-trap. Another talks about "Reactionaries" it's definitions and calls conservative ATS members as such but uses a different definition than I do.

I probably ignore 99% of all posts because it is about things I am just not interested in. I probably post in the Faith sections 90% of the time. ATS has young people, old paranoids and some really interesting people, some of whom I agree with and some of whom I disagree with; but, still enjoy hearing what they have to say. A public forum is a mixed bag to be sure and that is why I have my own blog. ATS is a mixed bag, take what you will and leave what you have no use for. That is the best advice I have and I understand the frustration.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 2getherwestand

Dear 2getherwestand

Never forget about nibiru.

I disagree, if there is anything we should forget and ignore, it is nibiru.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

You know I was being sarcastic, right?

At least until we can actually see this huge invisible planet.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 2getherwestand

Dear 2getherwestand,

LOL, yes, I understood you were being sarcastic, I was joining in. Peace.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments - I didn't expect any as I was just ranting. But thank you all the same.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Kinda reminds you of the MSM news... Never anything good...

Just the same old crap every day...

Humanity is devolving... because of the mainstream media...

We pay too much attention to the things that don't matter...

edit on 6-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

join