It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Men Who Stare at Goats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Um I don't know how to really start this off but I was watching this Tv show on ch4 Uk television on sunday and it coverd the below topics about first earth and outher things. What I found strage was that it talked about killing goats just by stareing at them and special forces were involved and that the progamme is up and running again even the person who invented the first earth battalion is back giveing advise to top military people.

Have any of you come across this before or heard anything about any of the topics coverd below I found it intresting and very scary aswell.

CH4
The First Earth Battalion
Three years in the making, Jon Ronson�s Crazy Rulers of the World explores the apparent madness at the heart of US military intelligence.

With first-hand access to the leading players in the story, Jon Ronson examines the extraordinary - and plain bizarre - national secrets at the core of George W Bush's war on terror.

The three-part series begins with The Men Who Stare at Goats, which charts the history of a secret US Army unit founded in 1979 - the First Earth Battalion.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
*Blleeeat Bleeeat*

Bring it on goatboy!

Sounds like something ala Silence of the Lambs where Anthony Hopkins could talk someone into death. Staring at goats? Somehow I doubt goats would fall for psychological tricks and just drop dead. What does this have to do with Bush's war on terror? Is the connection suggesting I go stare at the White House? I'll buy the "madness at the heart of the military" but killing goats with the evil eye is a little much

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This topic has already been covered.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
we have had the "sport" "Train Spotting" now prepare for the new non-contact sport Goat Watching

Sry little Joke

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It was covered a little in the thread you supplied Simulacra, BUT what about the implications? One of the things i found interesting was they rekoned you could influence someone�s behaviour by literally willing them to do something.

These guys from the USA military were serious. The government paid them a lot of money to spend time staring at goats and trying to walk through walls, and they�re still doing the goat staring.

I think it�s a possibility that you could influence the behaviour of a person by thought, with concentration and focus. Focus i think is underated here at ats, i think you can have all the knowledge on psychic abillity you want but if you havnt got the focus then you have nothing but knowledge.

The programme did get a little bit silly with this guy claiming he could kill hamsters by staring at them and even had a video to prove it but was reluctant to show it as he thought it might upset people. But in the video of the hamsters he did show one of the hamsters definatly began to act strange and did at one point appear to collapse.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
heh

New ways of pet abuse

Intresting tho

new topics

top topics

join