It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout on Pro-Morsi Protests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Xtrozero

It is rather funny when they fire AKs in the air in celebration...you see they haven't quite learned the theory of gravity...

Because I'll play along...

It is quite simple... "If bullet dome down and hit you, then it is will of Allah."

That is why i really wouldn't want to fly with a Muslim pilot.

Anybody that can think like that is dangerous to the survival of humanity.
edit on 6-7-2013 by justwokeup because: editied to be less inflammatory

edit on 6-7-2013 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Interesting, I was watching this last night through several sources and all were showing both protests.

I am one of the first to get mouthy about it when I see media pushing an agenda, but I really haven't seen much of that in this case. Aside from the usual BS American media warping everything to make it about Obama in one way or another (in the words of Eddie Izzard to one of his American audiences "do you know there are other countries?"
) most other media outside of the US seems to be presenting it fairly.

The fact is, there are millions protesting against Morsi, he failed, he wanted an extremist Islamic nation, and he was refused.

The population of Egypt has moved on and evolved, and the Muslim extremist minority wanting Sharia law has failed. If they want to cry and call it a coup, then fine, I really don't care. Perhaps a coup was needed to save the millions of free Egyptians from being dragged back a thousand years?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Last night the protests for Morsi were huge and for the anti Morsi very little going on. I can understand how the Muslim brotherhood must be feeling to see their man ejected after only a year. I'm certainly no supporter of theirs but they have a legitimate right to feel robbed. They were persecuted as an organisation under Mubarak. Now they see the same happening again.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
Really what makes you think they're brainwashed? Islam doesn't encourage blind belief nor does it allow it.
In the Quran, Allmighty Allah says:

And He has made subservient to you, [as a gift] from Himself, all that is in the heavens and on earth: in this, behold, there are messages indeed for people who think! (Q45:13)

Islam is a message for those who think, ponder on the creation of Allah. And it's a message for those who oppress and their punishment in the day of Judgement. And a blessing for those who belief in Allah and the day of Judgement.

They're not afraid to die because they are Muslims, we're not afraid of death because we know what's awaiting us when we do. On the other hand, you don't know what's awaiting you, and it's the real reason people who don't have faith are afraid. Am I wrong or dead right?

a blessing to believe in Allah???....I do not bow to, nor believe in any god, I believe in the strength of my own character, not in some mythical being. I have a mind that can use logic, compassion, and wisdom. Muslims forcing other people to practice the Islam religion under the threat of death, is not a religion worthy of believing in, it is a religious dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The media blackout is in forces because Morsi is Hillary's boy and Iranian born Valerie Jarrett is up to her eyeballs with The Muslim Brotherhood. (BO is just the front man for the Jarrett Administration)

No wonder there's a blackout - BO/Jarrett took one on the chin and they are doing everything to keep from getting "outed" for their refuted policies in Egypt..

Most may not know what's going on here in the U.S., but in Egypt, they have Obama's number: "Your Bitch Is Our Dictator"

When will folks in America wake up?
edit on 6-7-2013 by Oldnslo because: o to O

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Nah, it's being covered here in the US. The OP is just spreading more disinfo, & to boot he claims to be from Europe, according to his last disinfo threads about the crisis in Egypt.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Aye, I thought as much.. It's just at the time of seeing this thread, I saw another decrying the lack of "Western Media's" coverage of non-US space programmes, which was also false as it would appear it was just his selection of US-based media that didn't cover it, so he therefore made the enormous logical leap to assume all media, everywhere isn't covering it.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Xtrozero

It is rather funny when they fire AKs in the air in celebration...you see they haven't quite learned the theory of gravity...

Because I'll play along...

It is quite simple... "If bullet dome down and hit you, then it is will of Allah."

That is why i really wouldn't want to fly with a Muslim pilot.

Anybody that can think like that is dangerous to the survival of humanity.

Lol, or navigator? How far are we from our destination? Pretty close. How close? Not far.

Do we have enough fuel? If we don't make it, it is the will of Allah. If we run out of fuel and Allah wants us to make it, we will fly on wings of angels.

Joking aside, their decision process is faith based. Since God is in charge, no matter what you do will matter to the outcome. I discovered this recently where I live. There are Indians from India living around us and a lot of children riding bikes and scooters in our complex. The roads are narrow and the corners blind. There are signs and news letters warning about child safety. One child has been killed by a car backing out of a driveway. And yet they let them run and play unsupervised. Like Muslims they believe that if its your time to go then nothing can prevent it. Likewise, if not time then divine intervention will supersede "random" events.

There is no randomness in their belief. Everything is by design. In fact you would be insulting God to presume you can alter his plan.

I get that to some extent. I have personally experienced it in my own life. Experience is a powerful teacher. Especially if it is somewhat miraculous. Our own religious paradigm holds some of this to be true, right?

Sorry about off topic.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
Am I the only one that noticed the black out on the pro-Morsi demonstration, it's a million man demonstration and yet almost no media reportage on it except for Egyptian media and al-Jazeera?

And they didn't speak about the fact that several hundred of Morsi supporters and party staff were arrested. Somehow I feel that they're against the Muslim Brotherhood. Nevertheless I support the Muslim Brotherhood, I think their agenda is great and really look forward to when they succeed in establishing an Islamic state.

Haters be hating, Islamic state coming your way.

Salamo Alaykom (peace be with you)

Funny, NOW... Muslim Brotherhood supporters want to be all about Multiparty Democracy, ect!?!?!? Too bad your Leaders actions showed otherwise, while in power. The M.B. never wanted to share power, never were going to share power and never were going to leave power on their own. The majority of people in Egypt were fed up with the M.B. rule and your wishing things were not as they are isn't going to change things. If you truly wants whats best for Egypt, you need to do some deep reflection on things.

The Muslim Brotherhood Leadership did this to themselves by being exclusive rather than inclusive. You needed a National Unity government and your Leaders took it in the other direction. The M.B. has two options, play nice with everyone else in Egypt and join the political process for real or become irrelevant and become even more despised by Egyptians.

Just saying.......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join